shosurplussales

Some please advice me

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJ'ers i send in my k-1 package to the TSC on OCT 1st, i have recieved USPS confirmation that they have recieved it already. This is my issue though. i am going to india to visit my fionce next week for about 2 months i will be in india. while i am over there how can i check the status on the case? i did pay with a check from my personal bank account. i am waiting on NOA1...once i do recieve that then how can i check anything if i am overseas?

thank you for your input in advance.

K-1 TIMELINE

INTERVIEW SUCCESSFULL MAY 2, 2007

MAY 3, 2007 FOUND OUT VISA IS PENDING SECURITY CLEARENCE

MAY 4, 2007 VISA AND PASSPORT RECIEVED VIA COURIER YA-ALI MADAT

FIONCE ARRIVAL INTO USA MAY 9, 2007 VIA POE ATLANTA, HARTSFIELD

MAY 11, 2007 APPLIED FOR SS NUMBER

MARRIED MAY 14, 2007 CIVIL COURT CEREMONY

PREPARING AOS PAPERWORK

AOS TIMELINE

SUBMITTED I-485 AND I-785 MAY 31, 2007

USPS CONFIRMATION AOS PAPERWORK RECIEVED JULY 1, 2007

RECIEVED SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND NUMBER JULY 7, 2007

AOS and EAD CHECKS CASHED JULY 8, 2007

JUNE 6TH NOA1 FOR I-765 AND I-486

JUNE 11TH RECIEVED HARD COPY NOA1

JUNE 16, 2007 Recieved Biometrics APPT. letter

JULY 6, 2007 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT 10:00 am Completed

Touched July 6th for I-485 and I-765

RFE FOR AOS july 11, 2007 affidavit of support

Interview date for Green card on november 29.2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hello VJ'ers i send in my k-1 package to the TSC on OCT 1st, i have recieved USPS confirmation that they have recieved it already. This is my issue though. i am going to india to visit my fionce next week for about 2 months i will be in india. while i am over there how can i check the status on the case? i did pay with a check from my personal bank account. i am waiting on NOA1...once i do recieve that then how can i check anything if i am overseas?

You can go to the USCIS Web site and use the receipt number from the NOA1 to check on its status.

USCIS Case Status Online.

You can also get the receipt number from the cancelled check... It will begin with three letters, e.g. WAC.

Best Regards!

Go to "uscis.gov", and register to receive emails. You will need to look on the back of your check after it has been cashed, usually 2 weeks after you have sent it, or your NOA1, for the number to register with. After you have registered, The uscis will have a page with your information and there you can see when they "touch" it, any time you log into their site.

07/13/06 Mailed I-129F Petition

07/18/06 I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

09/18/06 I-129F Approved

09/22/06 Sent To NVC

10/11/06 Received by Manila Consulate

12/27/06 Received appointment Letter (packet 4)

02/13/07 Interview Date

02/19/07 Visa Received

04/22/07 Fiancee arrived in the US

05/06/07 Married In Las Vegas

05/14/07 AOS Filed

05/22/07 NOA1 received

05/31/07 Received Biometrics notice

06/13/07 Received email of case sent to CSC

06/14/07 Biometrics Appointment (3:00pm) at Naperville, Illinois

06/20/07 Received notice that case was still pending at CSC

06/21/07 Touched

07/18/07 Touched

07/24/07 Card Production Ordered

07/31/07 Green Card Received

04/22/09 I-751 Filed

04/23/09 CSC received the package

05/07/09 Check Cashed

05/11/09 NOA Received

06/05/09 Biometrics notice received

06/16/09 Biometrics schedule

07/10/09 Got approval notice

07/20/09 10 year green card received

05/27/10 N-400 packet sent

05/28/10 Arizona office received the package

06/09/10 Check Cashed

06/14/10 NOA received (receipt date 06/08/10)

07/16/10 Biometrics schedule

08/16/10 Yellow letter received (receipt date 8/10/10)

10/26/10 Interview (Approved)

03/04/11 Oathtaking

shosurplussales,

You answered your own question. When the check is cashed, the NOA-1 is not far behind.

How long will you be there?

Can anyone check your mail for you?

If someone can provide you with the Case number, from your NOA-1 (I-797) form, you can set up an online account with USCIS, enabling you to follow your case online.

thank you for your input in advance.

Timeline
If someone can provide you with the Case number, from your NOA-1 (I-797) form, you can set up an online account with USCIS, enabling you to follow your case online.

Depending on your bank, you can get the case number the day after the check is cashed. After I sent my K-1 package in, I checked my bank account Web site every day. When the check showed up, I got its image (front and back) and got the case number from the endorsement on the back of the check.

I received my I-797C (NOA1) today, but I had known since last week that our K-1 was actually in the queue.

Chemist_Geek,

If ones bank offers that service, great. Most do not. Even some of the largest US Credit Unions do not offer that service, mine for example.

For most people, especially those that use money orders, the (I-797) is the only option available to capture the case information.

Depending on your bank, you can get the case number the day after the check is cashed. After I sent my K-1 package in, I checked my bank account Web site every day. When the check showed up, I got its image (front and back) and got the case number from the endorsement on the back of the check.

I received my I-797C (NOA1) today, but I had known since last week that our K-1 was actually in the queue.

Timeline

Sign up an account online with USCIS... they will send you an email for auto updates. You will get your NOA1 and NOA2 by email before you get in mail.

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.