Donal78

Interview went well in manchester today

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I had my greencard interview today. We had brought a folder with over 100+ documents of evidence just to be on the safe side.

All the guy asked was

* He wanted to see our passports and my EAD card.

* Wanted to know how we met. He laughed when my wife told him we met him in the pub.

* He asked to see marriage certificate, and 2 joint bills. This was after i asked him did he want to see anything from our folder.

* He then said the only problem we have is we need a co sponsor. Aparently my wifes income while she worked in ireland doesnt count as her income has to be earned in the states. We filed with IRS but they werent enough. That was nice considering my wife earned 60k each year while in ireland. So he told us to mail in the i-485 form with an income of over 16k. My wifes mother has aggreed to be co sponsor.

* Lastly he said he has approved me and i can expect the greencard in 2-3 weeks but as i needed a co sponsor he couldnt stamp my passport.

So all in all it was fine. The time was about 16 minutes give or take.

Our next project is finding somewhere more permanent to live. We have outgrown my wifes parents house as we need somewhere closer to boston. All our assets are tied up in ireland so it will prob be 3 months before we can afford to buy. We found our dream condo but we will have to pass up the oportuntity. Thanks to 7 months of living on one wage we are stone broke. :crying::crying::crying:

Edited by Donal78

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations :dance:

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
I had my greencard interview today. We had brought a folder with over 100+ documents of evidence just to be on the safe side.

All the guy asked was

* He wanted to see our passports and my EAD card.

* Wanted to know how we met. He laughed when my wife told him we met him in the pub.

* He asked to see marriage certificate, and 2 joint bills. This was after i asked him did he want to see anything from our folder.

* He then said the only problem we have is we need a co sponsor. Aparently my wifes income while she worked in ireland doesnt count as her income has to be earned in the states. We filed with IRS but they werent enough. That was nice considering my wife earned 60k each year while in ireland. So he told us to mail in the i-485 form with an income of over 16k. My wifes mother has aggreed to be co sponsor.

* Lastly he said he has approved me and i can expect the greencard in 2-3 weeks but as i needed a co sponsor he couldnt stamp my passport.

So all in all it was fine. The time was about 16 minutes give or take.

Our next project is finding somewhere more permanent to live. We have outgrown my wifes parents house as we need somewhere closer to boston. All our assets are tied up in ireland so it will prob be 3 months before we can afford to buy. We found our dream condo but we will have to pass up the oportuntity. Thanks to 7 months of living on one wage we are stone broke. :crying::crying::crying:

Congratulations! :dance:

Its good too see things went smoothly for you :D ! We can certainly understand how it feels to be that broke :dead: , we been living on a single income for almost a year so far.

Good luck hunting down a house! :)

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratz! :)

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.