toxic

DV 2013 Ethiopian winner meet here

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Coming soon...

**********************************************************************************

| CN: 2012AF0002****

**********************************************************************************

| 3rd Nov, 2010……..Enter to dv lottery (Single applicant)

| 15th, Jul, 2011........1st Official notice dated from KCC:

| 3rd, Nov, 2011........Check online status:

| 3rd, Dec, 2011........Forms sent to KCC:

| 29, Dec, 2011..........KCC confirmed delivered for visa processing:

| 3rd, Jan, 2011 ........Correction form sent via e-mail to KCC:

| 10th, Jan, 2011.......E-mail to KCC for Interview appointment schedule:

| 11th, Jan, 2011.......2nd Official notice received: (Online)

| 14th, Jan, 2012 ......Police clearance received:

| 19th, Mar, 2012.......Medical received:

| 22nd, Mar, 2012......Interview date: (SUCCESSFUL)

| 29th, Mar, 2012.......Visa pick up:

| 6th, May, 2012........ Port of entry: LA, CA

| 9th, May, 2012.........SSN received

| 29th, May, 2012........Green Card received

|Psalm 145

Submitted documents

= Passport: the 1st two page Photocopies and Photographs

= 1st Official notice and 2nd Official notice

= Birth certificate: with photocopies

= Original police certificate

= Educational docs: and Visa Fee $440

Please check back at the link "https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/" after May 1, 2012 for Entrants who applied for DV-2013.

|Psalm 145

Submitted documents

• 2 weeks later...

I was born in Ethiopia and currently reside in the states. I recently came to know that I got the lottery with a case number of 7XXX. I am unclear of what happens now, I know that I need to apply for an adjustment of status. It is not clear to me from the site what documentation I need to acquire and stuff. (Specific to Ethiopia too)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Did you apply for the lottery last fall? Many scammers try to tell you that you won, if you didn't enter and just got a random email it is a scam

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Did you apply for the lottery last fall? Many scammers try to tell you that you won, if you didn't enter and just got a random email it is a scam

Yes, I did apply last fall on the .gov site. I checked online on the .gov site to find out whether I "won" (or rather got selected) and apparently I did.

Timeline

Good the way you worded the first post sounds like you might not have. When you checked your number you should have been given instructions on the next steps. Actual interviews should start in Oct through Sept of the following year, done from the lowest number to the highest number in each region until all available visas are used or the visa year ends. Is your status in the states legal ? The first thing you should do is gather proof of educaton or qualifying profession.

Edited by NigeriaorBust

Good the way you worded the first post sounds like you might not have. When you checked your number you should have been given instructions on the next steps. Actual interviews should start in Oct through Sept of the following year, done from the lowest number to the highest number in each region until all available visas are used or the visa year ends. Is your status in the states legal ? The first thing you should do is gather proof of educaton or qualifying profession.

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, I can see how the first word sounded as if I came across a random email and got all excited :) So, I did get instructions on the next steps on the .gov page, while those instructions are extremely explicit for people who are outside the country, they breakdown into a series of vague and contradictory statements for people who are already in the united states:

1. The page states that I should apply for adjustment of status and that I should pay an application fee by visiting the closest USCIS office.

2. There is another portion of the page which talks about sending a check to a government address.

There is no information on what needs to be done apart from sending USCIS money for the application form. The page is even vague as to when this money should actually be sent. I have been essentially trying to figure out what I need to do right now.

My status in the states is legal. I am on a student visa. I have a couple of degrees and also significant work experience so I don't think that shouldn't be an issue.

Timeline

Send your SP-122 back to KCC and they will mail you back a confirmation that they will no longer have anything to do with you but your local USCIS. Pay your DOS fees, do your medicals, collect all your documents and translations. Then, wait for your turn to file your package in Chicago Lockbox. Do not attempt to file right now because the Fiscal year 2013 starts October 1st.

Congratulations thedarkelf!!!

|Psalm 145

Submitted documents

• 6 months later...
Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi I'm not sure if I'm in the right place for enquiry, I'm among the randomly selected people for further processing on DV 2013, currently I live in Europe for the last 4 years as a student, in case I selected for interview, should I get police and other records from Ethiopia too, or It is enough if I have police record report from the country where I Live and make interview? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.