elmcitymaven

A point of clarification needed

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

With these questions, one might raise the issue about the purpose of the OT and P&R fora, si man, neither of which are primarily immigration-related, no man.

they're not primarily related. but, they do provide insight to immigrants on general and political discussion they will encounter once here.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Since some women feel their bodies are dirty, filthy and should not be looked at, or touched (heaven forbid) perhaps some specifics on triangle size in relation to the size of the photo. Percentages should work...perhaps "any photo of a woman must be obscured by 50% triangles" or something. maybe a burkha.

I think this is whiny BS for something that obviously is addressed using the discretion of the moderators who are chosen for their dicretionary powers and which is mostly "magic" to us mere mortals but was something to do while in line at a grocery store...God save us from portable internet devices in the hands of addicts. I just read the gossip rags or look at the covers of Cosmo!

It's really not "whiny BS" at all. It actually worked just like you say - moderator discretion. The moderators were alerted (by more than one person it seems). Mods have asked members to alert them to problems, rather than take it upon themselves and start a flame-fest.

As for your pooh-fling about women being ashamed of their bodies (including your sideways swipe about a burkha) - well there you go again. Trying to deflect bad behavior onto people who would just like to use the site without reading or seeing degrading sexism, bigotry or any other kind of intolerance.

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

With these questions, one might raise the issue about the purpose of the OT and P&R fora, si man, neither of which are primarily immigration-related, no man.

I don't know of any heavily-trafficked community that doesn't have its own version of Off-Topic. Unlike VJ,most have a membership "requirement" of some kind (like post count) before members are allowed to participate. Most still have "rules" and limits of acceptable behavior.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

they're not primarily related. but, they do provide insight to immigrants on general and political discussion they will encounter once here.

Does it really? We're a pretty compartmentalized country.. depending on where you live and who you run with, you may never actually run into a Danno or a Steven in real life.

If I take a close look at all my close family and friends and even the second ring of friends... there's not one person at par with you in terms of conservatism. There are Republicans, yes... but the kind of Republicans who like trains. You know, the log cabin types.

Edited by \

Timeline

Does it really? We're a pretty compartmentalized country.. depending on where you live and who you run with, you may never actually run into a Danno or a Steven in real life.

If I take a close look at all my close family and friends and even the second ring of friends... there's not one person at par with you in terms of conservatism. There are Republicans, yes... but the kind of Republicans who like trains. You know, the log cabin types.

Wow!blink.gif

:lol: well, i wouldn't go that far.

7yqZWFL.jpg