Gary and Alla

FSU spouse politics

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You have to wonder why anyone would spend hundreds of millions of dollars to get elected to a position that pays $400,000/year.

Alla's point exactly. I really appreciate the clarity of her opinions sometimes, the complete lack of BS which seems to be trained into Americans, it was a refreshing thing about Ukraine but it is definitely "buyer beware"

The women seem to think it is not "their business" and that the men will go in the other room and talk politics. Though at one of our get togethers she came in and blasted one guy about the Orange Revolution and they got into it. They (RUB men and women) will argue more vigorously than Americans but take no hard feelings away from it. In America it seems like if you disagree with someone on one topic then you MUST hate that person and everything about them, wish their house would burn down and their children would be washed away in flood! Alla's bitter agrument was with the husband of one of her childhood friends whom she has also known since childhood and are very good friends.

Ukrainians will argue loudly and then go have a piece of cake and tea. :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Alla's point exactly. I really appreciate the clarity of her opinions sometimes, the complete lack of BS which seems to be trained into Americans, it was a refreshing thing about Ukraine but it is definitely "buyer beware"

The women seem to think it is not "their business" and that the men will go in the other room and talk politics. Though at one of our get togethers she came in and blasted one guy about the Orange Revolution and they got into it. They (RUB men and women) will argue more vigorously than Americans but take no hard feelings away from it. In America it seems like if you disagree with someone on one topic then you MUST hate that person and everything about them, wish their house would burn down and their children would be washed away in flood! Alla's bitter agrument was with the husband of one of her childhood friends whom she has also known since childhood and are very good friends.

Ukrainians will argue loudly and then go have a piece of cake and tea. :lol:

An FSU couple told me I have a 'russian' soul. I took it as a compliment! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
henceforth she can be called Mrs T-Boneova, the wife of Mr. T-Boneov
Her question, then and now, is and would be "Why would a bone be ova?"

I second both T-Boneov and Mrs. T-Boneova.
Thank you, si man, but there's only one of each of us, si si man man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Her question, then and now, is and would be "Why would a bone be ova?"

Thank you, si man, but there's only one of each of us, si si man man.

There can be only ONE Tex Boneov! This makes Mini-Bone "Mini Texovich Boneov"

Gary And Alla

Timeline
This makes Mini-Bone "Mini Texovich Boneov"
That doesn't have the same crispovich ringeov to it, no man.

Mini-B. (age 15 mo. 1 wk.) fell out of bed again today. This makes 7 times on Mrs. T-B.'s watch, 2 on T-B.'s watch, and 1 unattributed, uff man.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

That doesn't have the same crispovich ringeov to it, no man.

Mini-B. (age 15 mo. 1 wk.) fell out of bed again today. This makes 7 times on Mrs. T-B.'s watch, 2 on T-B.'s watch, and 1 unattributed, uff man.

I would find another place to keep my watch. The kid falling on it is bound to eventually cause it to break. Also find out who is leaving a watch in your house.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Also find out who is leaving a watch in your house.
Obviously a sentinel dog, see man. :lol:

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Mine is... strangely liberal in some cases. Okay with gay marriage, very much an atheist so he wants the church to have no influence on politics, wants to ease immigration for good folks but not criminals of course, doesn't think the government should be forbidding anyone from abortions or birth control, thinks men and women should earn the same amount of money for the same jobs and that women shouldn't be in a situation where they have to look good to get a job, universal health care (I have a chronic illness so he's witnessed how fun it is in America to get insurance or health care if you're sick!), universal education IF and only IF the student was good in HS (guess that would kill diploma mills altogether). On the other hand, he's anti-legalizing drugs, very for gun rights, for the death penalty, doesn't believe countries should interfere with other country's matters (such as the Libya thing).

If I had to classify him... I don't even know. I'd say Ron Paul would be his closest match in terms of politics.

Timeline

Mine is... strangely liberal in some cases. Okay with gay marriage, very much an atheist so he wants the church to have no influence on politics, wants to ease immigration for good folks but not criminals of course, doesn't think the government should be forbidding anyone from abortions or birth control, thinks men and women should earn the same amount of money for the same jobs and that women shouldn't be in a situation where they have to look good to get a job, universal health care (I have a chronic illness so he's witnessed how fun it is in America to get insurance or health care if you're sick!), universal education IF and only IF the student was good in HS (guess that would kill diploma mills altogether). On the other hand, he's anti-legalizing drugs, very for gun rights, for the death penalty, doesn't believe countries should interfere with other country's matters (such as the Libya thing).

If I had to classify him... I don't even know. I'd say Ron Paul would be his closest match in terms of politics.

Libertarian. Most people ARE, they just don't admit it. They think that in a free country of 300 million people they need to "be" either Democrat or Republican? :wacko:

Alla kind of likes the idea of being able to influence getting a job by looking good. :P

I do not think it is strange at all that someone from the FSU prefers as little government influence as possible, he IS a bit unusual in not being anti-gay which is the prevelent attitude there. I would say that Alla porbably was a bit "anti-gay" at one point but after living here where you can marry your lesbian/transgender sheep and realizing it has no effect on her life at all, she more or less just ignores it. She is now of the "who cares?" attitude.

Alla has heard we could own guns and wanted to go shooting, she even asked me "is it really true we can have guns?" When she saw what we have .... :o WOW it IS true. :lol: Then she wanted her OWN gun, she chose it but I bought it for her which somewhat disappointed her, she wanted to buy it HERSELF, so the next gun we bought (for me) SHE bought. She also likes to buy her own ammunition, all by herself. :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Wait until he talks to phony liberals here. "I am pro-choice" :dance: "I think we should be able to own any kind of gun we want" :angry:

:lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Libertarian. Most people ARE, they just don't admit it. They think that in a free country of 300 million people they need to "be" either Democrat or Republican? :wacko:

Alla kind of likes the idea of being able to influence getting a job by looking good. :P

I do not think it is strange at all that someone from the FSU prefers as little government influence as possible, he IS a bit unusual in not being anti-gay which is the prevelent attitude there. I would say that Alla porbably was a bit "anti-gay" at one point but after living here where you can marry your lesbian/transgender sheep and realizing it has no effect on her life at all, she more or less just ignores it. She is now of the "who cares?" attitude.

Alla has heard we could own guns and wanted to go shooting, she even asked me "is it really true we can have guns?" When she saw what we have .... :o WOW it IS true. :lol: Then she wanted her OWN gun, she chose it but I bought it for her which somewhat disappointed her, she wanted to buy it HERSELF, so the next gun we bought (for me) SHE bought. She also likes to buy her own ammunition, all by herself. :lol:

If libertarians are really in favor of universal health-care coverage and universal higher education for students with decent grades and aptitude than I must also be libertarian! I am afraid, though, that Ron Paul is in some other wing of the libertarian movement and most other libertarians are, as well, from what I have seen.

Timeline

If libertarians are really in favor of universal health-care coverage and universal higher education for students with decent grades and aptitude than I must also be libertarian! I am afraid, though, that Ron Paul is in some other wing of the libertarian movement and most other libertarians are, as well, from what I have seen.

As you may imagine Jim (or maybe not) Libertarians can have a range of beliefs just like Dems and Repubs. I am not sure how Libertarians are somehow expected (required) to achieve their ideal in every way or be considered failures, when Repubs and Dems obviously are not expected to do the same.

Ron Paul and I may both be Libertarians and we may not have identical opinions on every issue. Amazing, I know.

And if you recall I am NOT in favor of "universal" health care coverage if that means the federal government runs it. Our federal government is a ####### addict. Everything they touch turns to #######. Why hasn't YOUR state implemented universal health care? Alla is probably a liberatarian but she thinks the Federal government should run health care. Oh well.

But on the other hand...we were at the range today and a guy shows up with a full auto Kalashnikov (those never were "banned" by the "assault weapons ban" only non assault weapons that LOOK like them were :lol: )and begins to let rip down the line from us...Alla... :o "We can have THOSE too?" Yes. :D "I want it" We can't afford it. :lol: The bullets alone will cause us to go broke.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

As you may imagine Jim (or maybe not) Libertarians can have a range of beliefs just like Dems and Repubs.

Wow! Are you serious? Amazing!! Who would have guessed! :blink::wacko::wow:

(insert very large rolling eyes emoticon here)

:D

Timeline

Wow! Are you serious? Amazing!! Who would have guessed! :blink::wacko::wow:

(insert very large rolling eyes emoticon here)

:D

:lol:

NOT the rolling eyes, PLEASE not the rolling eyes!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

An FSU couple told me I have a 'russian' soul. I took it as a compliment! :D

It means you are always late (but look good) you cheat at scrabble by spelling transliterated Russian words, and if losing at chess you will accidentally knock the board over. :P

I know the type. :yes:

And I know why the cold war lasted 50 years, but I am not at all convinced we "won"

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.