Dan and Judy

B of A vs NRA??

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. But no more: In a recent meeting, the mega-bank told the firearms company that its business is no longer welcome.

Operations director Kelly McMillan told the Daily Caller that his company has never been late on a payment and has never bounced a check. The debt outstanding on its line of credit is at 61 percent.

But at the bank’s request, he said, the McMillan group of companies would soon be paying off its credit line and closing its accounts.

Writing Thursday on Facebook, McMillan described a meeting at his office with Ray Fox, a business banking Senior Vice President with the giant bank. What was originally scheduled as an “account analysis” meeting, however, quickly became a political smackdown.

The Bank of America emissary, he said, “spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.”

“At this point I interrupted him,” McMillan said, and asked, ‘Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.’”

Fox’s reply, according to McMillan? “That is correct.”

McMillan told TheDC that he plans to move his company’s account to “a more Second Amendment-friendly bank” as soon as it can be done.

He recalls telling the bank executive that he planned to tell the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International, and his other gun-loving friends “that Bank of America is not firearms-industry-friendly.”

“You have to do what you must” was Fox’s reply, he said. “We have to assess the risk of doing business with a firearms related industry.”

The McMillan group of companies may have the last laugh: It is considering no longer accepting Bank of America credit cards for purchases.

Tags: antigun organizations, bank of america. mcmillanrating_on.gifrating_on.gifrating_on.gifrating_on.gifrating_on.gif (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5, rated)loading.gif Loading ...inShare29email2.gifprint2.gif

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/20/anti-gun-bank-of-america-tells-gun-company-to-find-another-bank/#ixzz1shAlKVul

So?

That's just American free enterprise.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Bank of America had to take big time Federal handouts and is still back peddling from the economy and it does this? LOL @ Bank of America for having about zero common sense.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Anti civil rights people have taken such continuous kicks in the teeth the past few years on the gun confiscation issue that they are running out of ideas. It is a political third rail that cannot even be discussed in legislatures without fear of career ending results, it is settled law following SCOTUS decisions, only ONE state no longer allows carry concealed handguns, crime rates have fallen as civil rights have increased...what's left?

Pathetic attempts to play games. Like the child that takes his ball and runs home.

McMillian is a successful company because they make an outstanding product. They are a "Mercedes" of manufacturers and appeal to the firearms enthusiast with money to spend for the best. They also provide jobs for Americans. B of A cannot put them out of business, they can only lose their business and the profits they would make, to another bank. Something we should be very thoghtful of the next time they come looking for handouts from American taxpayers and gun owners.

How does this have anything to do with the National Rifle Association?

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Assess the risk? :lol: Since the Passage of the Federal law preventing lawsuits against firearms manufacturers except for strict liability, what would that risk be?

This is what happens when people are stopped in their plans to strip Americans of their rights.

In case no one has noticed the "Trayvon Martin case" is not about Trayvon Martin at all. If anyone actually gave a rat's @ss about the lives of young black men there would be a lot of action on many issues that affect their lives on a daily basis. There isn't. Nor is there any outrage about the dozens of young black men killed since Trayvon Martin...but not in politically beneficial ways.

Trayvon is about concealed carry and "stand your ground". Trayvon is about an excuse to gain back some ground lost in their attempt to deny civil rights to Americans. Crime in Florida has dropped drastically since concealed carry in 1986 and "stand your ground" which means many young black men are alive today that would have been killed had the crime not been stopped by allowing good people to have guns. On a practical sense it cannot be argued that either should be changed. But on an emotional level...oh, now that is different!

Concealed carry and "stand your ground" make people less dependent on government and that is not allowed for people that want to take away your rights and replace them with "benefits"

Trayvon Martin is about a political agenda and the feelings on the case are divided EXACTLY on the same line as those who would take away our right to own firearms. Isn't THAT a coincidence?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The single greatest enemy to American prosperity begins with the Banks and the Federal Reserve.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How does this have anything to do with the National Rifle Association?

Over the past few months, NRA-ILA received information from a few members detailing some problems that firearm-related businesses were having with Bank of America (BoA).

It appeared that BoA had adopted a policy of denying banking services to businesses associated with firearms. ILA staff contacted BoA corporate leadership and asked them to provide specific information regarding their policies.

In a conversation with Douglas K. Bland, a BoA Senior Vice President, NRA-ILA was assured that there was no such anti-gun policy.

Mr. Bland provided NRA-ILA with a written statement of their policy, which states "Bank of America does not have a corporate-wide policy to deny banking services solely on the applicant's involvement in the firearms industry."

NRA-ILA is pleased with this statement, but will continue to monitor business activities to ensure that gun owners and gun related business receive fair treatment. If you have had issues with Bank of America, please contact NRA-ILA so additional follow-up can be done. If needed, Mr. Bland has indicated his desire to assist with claims of unfair denial of services for firearms related reasons

http://digg.com/newsbar/Politics/nra_ila_bank_of_america_clarifies_position

One of the big things that scares me about firearms industry manufacturers consolidating their businesses is they're becoming conglomerates like the Freedom Group. That's good for us (cheaper prices, more availability, etc.) but scary because once they're placed on the terror watch list (because they provide firearms to "terrorists") their assets will be frozen and their businesses shut down.

It's not too far fetched to think in the near future (like the next couple months) we'll start seeing American companies shut down at the behest of the federal government "for security concerns."

Buy ammo!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

no0pb.gif

Why not?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I don't plan on killing anyone anytime soon. You?

I plan on being prepared to kill a lot of people.

I hope it doesn't happen and it's never necessary, but I'd rather be prepared and not have to than unprepared and need to.

Русский форум член.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I plan on being prepared to kill a lot of people.

I hope it doesn't happen and it's never necessary, but I'd rather be prepared and not have to than unprepared and need to.

Some people stick their heads in the sand and pretend that history never repeats itself.

Some call stockpiling ammo being paranoid. What they fail to realize is there's a difference in being "paranoid" and being "prepared."

Being paranoid means you have guns right by your front door and are freaking out every 5 minutes.

Being prepared means you have a ton of guns and ammo locked away in your home (or in strategic points across the land) and are ready for doomsday if it strikes.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!