25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I felt I did a decent job of assembling my package, but after rechecking it the third time I still noticed I had missed a signature. Triple check before you send it off.

From what I can tell of your list, you seem to have everything, but someone else may spot something I missed.

The only thing that I noticed off right away was the extra pictures on the I-485 (they only ask for the applicants).

FYI - I may still get an RFE right up to and including in the interview, but so far it looks promising.

After i checked mine yesterday for the third time i noticed a typo error on my mom's name in i-485 form lol, so hubby printed out a form again and i made him change the " my opinion" statement then print out and made a copy of the whole package. Ill make a final check later, thanks for your help! and goodluck to your interview :)

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

a) Copy of US Citizen’s Birth Certificate

b) Copy of US Citizen’s Driver’s License

c) Copy of Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate (in English)

d) Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport (biographical page, visa stamp, I-94 card front and back)

why would you need to send them all that ???copy of beneficiary's passport is not enough ???im kinda confused now

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

d) Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport (biographical page, visa stamp, I-94 card front and back)

why would you need to send them all that ???copy of beneficiary's passport is not enough ???im kinda confused now

I am in the same boat. I was about to send my package and was double checking a few things.

I read i-130's instructions several times and I did not see anywhere to put include the beneficiary's birth certificate OR the beneficiary's passport. Can you tell me what page it says to do this? Or any other document that says to do include these on the i-130.

Now i'm wondering if I'm missing some impt things.

Thanks,

Mikas

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Did you live together? A joint lease agreement or mortgage might be helpful.

I am wondering that if she need it to file G-325A forms ( 2 sets) with both I-130 Petition for A.Relative and I-485 ( adjustm of Status Doc). I am days before filing my AOS package and sort of figuring out ? I am almost send G-325 A ( 2 sets) only with I-130. Is that right that 2X2 needs to be filed?

Filed: Timeline

@agienszka and mikas: don't worry, you guys are fine. This poster is just overkilling it and submitting everything they find in the drawer of the US citizen. :) All they ask on the instruction is something that proves US citizenship. This could come in as a copy of the passport biographical page OR birth certificate. Driver's license is not even a proof of citizenship. I have a driver's license since I was 16 and even at that time, and even now I am not a US citizen. So, please people don't get nervous. Some people are just so paranoid that they literally submit everything that is a piece of paper and says their name on it...hence for example this OP also sends in copy of credit cards which other posters pointed out more than one times that it is absolutely useless. USCIS is not stupid, they know what is a proof of bona fide marriage...copies of two credit cards with the wife name and the husband name on it means a big zero when it comes to proving bona fide marriage. Same regarding all these documents to prove US citizenship...USCIS just will blush and go pffff....and shove all these copies into their folder....so, don't worry, you guys won't be in trouble for not sending out 100 documents...Good luck to all!

Edited by AnotherLostSoul

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone! Me (beneficiary) and my USC hubby are about to send the i-130 i-485 packets. here is my cover letter and just want to make sure that we covered everything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Table of Contents

1. Form G-1145 E-Notification of application/petition acceptance

2. Personal Check in the amount of US $420 for I-130 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

3. Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

e) Copy of marriage certificate

f) Copy of US Citizen’s and beneficiary’s divorce decrees

g) G325A signed by US Citizen

h) G325A signed by beneficiary

i) Passport photo of US Citizen (placed in a small plastic bag , labeled with full name)

j) Passport photo of beneficiary (placed in a small plastic bag, labeled with full name)

k) Evidence of Bona fide Marriage

i. Copy of life insurance with Alien spouse as Primary Beneficiary

ii. Copy of our health insurance cards

iii. Copy of Car Insurance

iv. Copy of Federal 1040 filed jointly

v. Copy of our joint bank account with statement of account for February 18, 2012- March 19, 2012

vi. Copy of our 2 credit cards

vii. Copy of our Phone Bill

viii. Copy of Engagement Ring and Wedding Band Receipts

ix. Selection of pictures that document relationship and marriage

4. I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

a. Form G-1145 E-Notification of application/petition acceptance

b. Personal Check in the amount of US $1,070 for I-485 and Biometric fee payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

c. Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status)

d. Copy of Birth Certificate ( US Citizen & Beneficiary)

e. Copy of passport's biographical page (all pages)

f. Copy of visa stamp

g. Copy of I-94 card (front and back)

h. Copy of Marriage Certificate

i. Copy of US Citizen’s and beneficiary’s divorce decree

j. G325A signed by US Citizen

k. G325A signed by beneficiary

l. Two passport-type pictures of US Citizen (placed in a small plastic bag, labeled with full name)

m. Two passport-type pictures of beneficiary (placed in a small plastic bag, labeled with full name)

n. I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope)

o. I-864 Affidavit of Support (Petitioner will use 2011 earnings only)

1) Copy of Petitioner’s Letter of Employment

2) Copy of Petitioner’s earning statements from the period July 2011 – March 2012

3) Copy of Petitioner’s W-2 Form

4) Copy of Petitioner’s Federal Form 1040

5) Copy of beneficiary’s 1099

6) Letter of Explanation why petitioner has no income from 2009 or 2010 tax periods. (student)

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

• Two (2) Passport-type photos

• Copy of Passport (biographical page, visa stamp)

• Copy of I-94 (Front and back)

I-131 Application for Travel Document

• Two (2) Passport-type photos

• Copy of Passport (biographical page, visa stamp)

• Copy of I-94 (Front and back)

Hi there,

I am just about to start filling out and signing all my forms after having researched, printed and highlighted for weeks.

I really like your checklist and it seams from the responses that you have included everything (and maybe even more than required). I was just wondering how it all went? did you send it all in already? have you gotten any approvals? or have they told you to sent further proof?

If it all went well I am definitely going to use your list :thumbs:

Thanks!!!

04/13/2008 - Officially became a couple

11/26/2012 - Married

12/27/2012 - Sent in AOS Package

01/04/2013 - Received NOA

02/06/2013 - Biometrics appointment

02/19/2013 - Received interview date

03/02/2013 - Online notice of Approved EAD

03/08/2013 - Received EAD card in mail

03/26/2013 - INTERVIEW (rescheduled)

• 2 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread closed to further comments. The most recent poster may start a new topic with that question.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.