50 posts in this topic

Waiting sucks.. I am in the 11th hour of launching our K1. I have told my fiancee we are not even expecting anything until end of year. So that will be 8 months from when we will file. One never knows as a few years back it was 8-11 months wait. I am preparing for the long haul just so we don't get to the nervous and anxious times. Now come November and no approval then I will be in the same same mental state as others. Nothing to do when the process is in Que but wait. I am keeping my fiancee working as waiting just sucks! My weeks fly by now and hope it continues... Good luck with the wait. I am sure you are getting closer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

we Filed Nov 30 got noa1 DEC 6 2012...I told my husband maybe almost the end of the year we will be done :lol: we know what we was in for since we joined this forum long ago..Just keep busy busy busy :yes:

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Petitions are processed in the order they are received, but not necessarily adjudicated in the same order. An approved petition for a fiancee or spouse in a foreign country will require an interview at an US consulate. There are a finite number of interview appointments available on a given day, week, or month. NOA2's issued any sooner than they currently are will only make the wait longer for an interview. Is only my opinion, but I think petitions are approved much sooner than the date on the NOA2. I think they sit around for a while after approval, until NVC is ready for them. And I also think it's naive to think that international politics plays no role in this process. USCIS runs interference for the NVC and consulates. You can call them three times a day, their job is to tell you something so you will end the call. You're not going to get any real info from a call to USCIS. Another theory I have is that there are unofficial quotas on the number of visas that can be issued in the categories that have no limits. One way to accomplish this would be to hold on to approvable petitions for a few months, slowing down the immigration rate. I also think it's naive to think there is any pressure whatsoever on USCIS to speed up the NOA2's. Does anyone besides a petitioner for a foreign spouse or fiancee write letters to their congressional reps and senators saying something must be done to speed up the immigration process? All you can do is wait.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our 5 months is almost up (4/23/12)

Today called in to check which NOA the California CS was processing for I-130 CR1 petitions and was given the date of September 10.

That's impossible given that 9/10/12 falls on a SATURDAY! Do federal govt. employees work and/or receive mail for processing on Saturdays?

This is certainly news to me. What's even more infuriating is the fact that I called 10 days ago to check the ETA and was told they were processing October! How did we go BACK IN TIME??

I was also told that BECAUSE my petition was received on 11/23/11 and given that they are only processing petitions received 9/10/11 I would have to wait 74 more days before they would get to mine.

On the USCIS website the processing times haven't changed and continue to remain as 5 months. I know this is only an estimate, but it needs to be UPDATED to reflect that the ACTUAL DELAYED processing time is 6-8 months just for the NOA2.

5 MONTHS IS LONG ENOUGH FOR JUST WAITING AROUND DOING NOTHING!!!

I'm waiting 6 months now and a week!!!!! :angry: We called and they say they are on September 10!~ :angry: so those of you who are only hitting the 5 months mark should better get busy so you won't rot waiting... :whistle: :whistle: Can't help to call them everyday i think.. they will just tell you the same thing over and over again! Just keep those hopes high.. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

You looked at the calendar wrong. 9/10/12 is a Monday.

9/10/11 - Is on a Saturday.

That date is given to the operators who staff the USCIS call center. It is only updated a couple of times per month and is mainly used as a reference point for the operators as to when a filer is eligible for a service request.

I waited 7 months between NOA1 and NOA2 and I was delayed a week because USCIS lost some of the documents I sent in the original petition. Around the 6 month mark people with NOA1 dates around mine were getting approved, then a few weeks later people with NOA1 dates up to a month later than mine were getting approved. It is clear to me that USCIS does not have a fair method for queuing petitions. We already know they have expedited queues for various reasons, but even if you remove those petitions they still manage to approve petitions in no particular order.

I'm sure nearly all of us have had the experience of telling a family member or friend about the visa process and they are shocked to find out how long we have to wait just for the government to say that our spouse is ok to file a visa application. At what point did USCIS think that it was OK for them to have a 5-month plus backlog? I know that a number of years ago it was even worse, so bad that K-3/K-4 visas were created so that couples wouldn't have to be apart for 1-2 years or more just waiting for their I-130 petition to be adjudicated.

06/10/11 - Married

USCIS: (224 days)

07/22/11 - Mailed I-130 petitions for wife and step-daughter

07/28/11 - NOA1 for both

02/21/12 - RFE for both (received hardcopy on 2/25)

02/28/12 - Responded to RFE for both(received by CSC on 2/29)

03/02/12 - NOA2 for both(received hardcopy on 3/8)

NVC: (37 days)

03/12/12 - NVC Received both

03/21/12 - NVC case number and IIN received for both & Emailed Choice of Agent for both

03/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid for both

03/26/12 - AOS bill shows paid & AOS Packets mailed for both

03/27/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for wife (sent another for step-daughter via email and express mail)

03/28/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for step-daughter & IV bill invoiced & paid for wife

03/29/12 - IV bill shows paid for wife & IV bill invoiced & paid for step-daughter

03/30/12 - IV bill shows paid for step-daughter & IV Packets mailed for both

04/04/12 - IV Packets reviewed. Checklist issued for Divorce Decree for my wife. Step-daughter's was accepted and her case closed

04/10/12 - Divorce Decree accepted after supervisor review & wife's case closed

04/16/12 - Expedite requested for both cases due to NVC error

04/18/12 - Expedite request approved for both cases and sent to Santiago Embassy

Embassy: (15 days)

04/24/12 - Embassy received both cases from NVC

04/25/12 - Wife went to Embassy for document review. Interview date assigned for both cases.

04/26/12 - Medical Exam for both. Result - approved.

05/07/12 - Interview date for both. Result - approved!

05/09/12 - Received both Visas

05/16/12 - POE Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.