beejay

Stand alone I-130 for stepchild(ren)

1,280 posts in this topic

Hi,

My husband filed my I-130 together with my kids and we all received the NOA dated April 20 My kids are in the Philippines. What will be the next step for them? I noticed that their receipt number starts with WAC while mine is MSC.

We only submitted and I-864 with my AOS. Do we need to submit also I-864 to all I-130 applications?

Anybody here who had petitioned their kids from the Philippines? What is the process and how long?

Thanks and God bless us all.

Hi Len, we're in process of petitioning our kids from the Philippines. How old are your kids?

To answer your question, because you are in the US and filed an I-485 with your I-130 your packet is being processed at the National Benefits Center (MSC) as an adjustment of status. Your husband's I-130 petition for your kids is being processed as an IR2 and was sent to the California Service Center (WAC). That is where their petitions will be processed until they are sent to NVC. The next step is just to wait until you get either a request for more evidence or a notice that the petition has been sent to NVC for further processing. The current processing time for California Service Center for I-130s is 5 months. So in theory it should take 5 months from your NOA date to get from California to the NVC stage of the process.

When their cases are sent to NVC is when you will have to do the I-864 for them. You will only pay one AOS fee but should have identical sets of I-864 and supporting documents for each child. You will also pay a separate IV fee for each child. You might find this thread helpful.

Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone. Now that Ive calmed down from the approval, I am looking to see whats next. I think things have changed since I immigrated my husband so now I am confused. Can someone fill me in or direct me to a guide? I dont see anything specifically after the USCIS sends the approval.

My understanding is it goes to NVC. Do I pay something to NVC with my husband I did not so I am not sure? Then from NVC it goes to Embassy in Jamaica who sends stepdaughter the packet telling her to do medical, police report, the ds230 forms and the interview date.

Am I missing something? Any other fee's in there that I dont know about? It looks like some of you did AOS payment etc, so I am not sure about that since this is an I-130 STANDALONE.

Fill me in please, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

( I meant to put this here in the first place but I started a new topic!!! )

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Hi everyone. Now that Ive calmed down from the approval, I am looking to see whats next. I think things have changed since I immigrated my husband so now I am confused. Can someone fill me in or direct me to a guide? I dont see anything specifically after the USCIS sends the approval.

My understanding is it goes to NVC. Do I pay something to NVC with my husband I did not so I am not sure? Then from NVC it goes to Embassy in Jamaica who sends stepdaughter the packet telling her to do medical, police report, the ds230 forms and the interview date.

Am I missing something? Any other fee's in there that I dont know about? It looks like some of you did AOS payment etc, so I am not sure about that since this is an I-130 STANDALONE.

Fill me in please, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

( I meant to put this here in the first place but I started a new topic!!! )

Congrats on the NOA2!! If your husband was a K-1 his packet would have spent hardly any time at NVC and you wouldn't have had to pay anything at that stage. Your stepdaughter's application however will spend some time at NVC and you will have to pay an IV fee ($230) and an AOS fee ($88, I think) and send in some documents.

Here is a pdf of a vj flowchart for the NVC process.

I think your next step will be to start calling NVC to see if they have received your case and assigned it a case number.

This vj wiki page on NVC should outline the process for you.

Good luck and let us know how everything goes!

Timeline

Congrats on the NOA2!! If your husband was a K-1 his packet would have spent hardly any time at NVC and you wouldn't have had to pay anything at that stage. Your stepdaughter's application however will spend some time at NVC and you will have to pay an IV fee ($230) and an AOS fee ($88, I think) and send in some documents.

Here is a pdf of a vj flowchart for the NVC process.

I think your next step will be to start calling NVC to see if they have received your case and assigned it a case number.

This vj wiki page on NVC should outline the process for you.

Good luck and let us know how everything goes!

Yes he was a K1 so I was so confused this morning as to what was going on. I totally get it now that I see the link that was sent and the other Wiki page. So much relief to just know the information.

So does anyone know if I can send her to go get her police report now? Are they good for only so long? I assume I have to wait until I get the interview date to send her to the Medical. I know which places are approved as it is on the Embassy website for Jamaica.

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

WE ARE DONE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got notice yesterday, my son has his Montreal interview July 9th..yippeee

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congrats tri_gear!!! omg, ur soooo close. AWESOME!!

so now you do the medical and police report right?? jus making sure i know whats going on w/ this stuff LOL

also i see u said ur payments once u got to NVC were 404 and then 88?? i see some other ppl estimate $203 and $88??

We have two boys so we are jus trying to estimate what we will need to be prepared to pay once the approval finally comes..

Edited by dancehallquana

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hi all,

Anyone who can clarify the payments for child on I-130 at NVC. Is it 88+230? do you have to pay fees again at embassy? I know we have to pay for medical before interview but confused about other payments given that we pay at the NVC. Trying to budget next few months. With my husband we didn't pay at NVC but did pay fee at embassy. Hoping for fast approval for all!

Hi all,

Anyone who can clarify the payments for child on I-130 at NVC. Is it 88+230? do you have to pay fees again at embassy? I know we have to pay for medical before interview but confused about other payments given that we pay at the NVC. Trying to budget next few months. With my husband we didn't pay at NVC but did pay fee at embassy. Hoping for fast approval for all!

I was hoping someone who has done this already might chime in but to my knowledge you are correct that the fees paid at the NVC stage will be 88+230. (NVC Visa fee page) I think for CR2 applicants those cover the fees you would have needed to pay at the embassy as opposed to the K1 where you skipped NVC but paid a fee at (or prior to) the embassy interview. I think this part does get country specific and looking around at other CR - DR applicants some said they had to pay a small fee ($15) at a bank prior to interview. You may want to post this question in the Caribbean forum to get a more specific answer.

Also this may not be new information but the VJ embassy page for DR says the medical will be $180 for adults but $80 for children under 15.

edit: DR embassy page on new visa fees

Edited by beejay

Timeline

Hi all,

Yes thats what I found! No fee's at embassy except in Jamaica I know you pass for the visa to get done the same week...LOL.

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

WE ARE DONE!

Finally got text message from USCIS but on checking site it is RFE Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Anyone have idea how long to get paper saying what they need?? :unsure:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi im trying to figure out the steps to the I 130 for my stepdaughter! I Received the Noa 2 and now waiting to have a case number from NVC then what? whats all those bills paid that I see u paid ?

We filed the I-130 for my son, USC (stepson) in September. We have so far:

Had petition approved at USCIS

Moved to NVC

Paid $88 on March 27th for AOS

Paid $404 on April 4th for IV

Completed the DS-260 online last week.

I guess now we wait for the next step which is either more information required, or an interview date? Set up appt. for medical for my son?

Am I correct on this? What am I missing.

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Timeline

Finally got text message from USCIS but on checking site it is RFE Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Anyone have idea how long to get paper saying what they need?? :unsure:

nooooo.. oh wow.. RFE?? sorry bout that..hopefully u will find out what they need soon

Timeline

Hi im trying to figure out the steps to the I 130 for my stepdaughter! I Received the Noa 2 and now waiting to have a case number from NVC then what? whats all those bills paid that I see u paid ?

hi fasa2008!! sorry i dont know how to copy, but BEEJAY gives a link to a great flowchart for NVC that should lay out everything for you.. its on the previous page.. post number 63 posted on june 7th..

you will be requested soon to pay the iv and aos bill which is $230 and $88..

so glad you are on ur way.. man you got thru the first part SUPER FAST!!

Timeline

how cool.. i notice we are both doing I30 and LOC at the same time.. and we live kinda close.. i live in duncanville jus minutes from cedar hill..

how old are u children/stepchildren? mine are 9 and 11.. two boys..

how cool.. i notice we are both doing I30 and LOC at the same time.. and we live kinda close.. i live in duncanville jus minutes from cedar hill..

how old are u children/stepchildren? mine are 9 and 11.. two boys..

Masha is 14, yep you are close were just off beltline and 67

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.