john&lindsey

NOA2 Expiration Date

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey… we have a quick question about the Expiration date on the NOA2… It "expires" June 28, 2012… so does that mean that my fiance' has to have his interview by then and return by that date for it to remain valid? Or is it just a date that we have to apply for his K1 visa in London? Any help would be awesome! Also…. If anyone has had their interview in London can you pay for the K1 Visa when you go to your interview or does it need to be paid by a USA Credit card? Thanks again :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey… we have a quick question about the Expiration date on the NOA2… It "expires" June 28, 2012… so does that mean that my fiance' has to have his interview by then and return by that date for it to remain valid? Or is it just a date that we have to apply for his K1 visa in London? Any help would be awesome! Also…. If anyone has had their interview in London can you pay for the K1 Visa when you go to your interview or does it need to be paid by a USA Credit card? Thanks again :)

hey there the consulate can extend the date of expiration even if your interview is scheduled after that date its no problem they do that all the time. maybe somebody else can help with second question.

K1 visa process
06/08/2011 I-129 sent
06/11/2011 I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)
09/23/2011 I-129F NOA2 (Approved)
10/11/2011 Package Received By NVC
10/11/2011 Package Left From NVC
10/16/2011 Received By Consulate
10/20/2011 Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)
11/09/2011 Complete Instructions (Pkt 3)
01/21/2012 Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4)
02/21/2012 Interview Date (K1 Visa)
02/21/2012 Interview Result Approved
02/29/2012 K1 Visa Received

03/16/2012 US Entry
03/19/2012 Marriage

Our AOS process
03/29/2012 AOS I-485/ EAD I-765/ AP I-131 filed
04/04/2012 NOA1 for AOS/ EAD/ AP
04/23/2012 Case transferred
05/08/2012 Biometric Appt Date for AOS and EAD
06/01/2012 EAD and Ap approved
06/09/2012 EAD and Ap combo card received
08/24/2012 AOS Approved
09/09/2012 Green Card received with no interview

Removing Conditions

05/27/2014 I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center

05/30/2014 Package Received

06/02/2014 NOA1

07/07/2014 Biometrics Appointment

12/01/2014 case transferred for California service center

01/13/2015 Second Biometrics appointment

01/23/2015 case approved

01/31/2015 Card Received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Consider reviewing DOS K-1 visa FAQs.

Here is link for London embassy info.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hey there the consulate can extend the date of expiration even if your interview is scheduled after that date its no problem they do that all the time. maybe somebody else can help with second question.

Thanks so much!! My fiance' was here visiting for 3 months while we were waiting for the paperwork to be accepted and doesn't go home for another 2 weeks and so we will only have a month and a half for him to go to london and get his medical and then back for interview and we were stressing about the time frame we had to get this completed. Thanks!

Consider reviewing DOS K-1 visa FAQs.

Here is link for London embassy info.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Thanks so much!!!!! :)

Just get the application forms submitted so they don't think you abandoned the visa and it will be okay. This thread in the UK forum will give you London specific info for a K1 visa http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

topic has been moved from AOS forum to K-1 forum as this is a K-1 topic

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.