Steve D.

Still Pending ROC, N-400 Bio, NOA needed?

9 posts in this topic

My i751 ROC is STILL EFFING PENDING, and it's been 10 months now. Countless contacts with USCIS all I got was excuses and never-to-be-heard-back Service Requests.

Anyway my N-400 Bio is coming up this Friday. Since I don't have my 10-year GC yet, and according to the bio letter I need to bring my GC with me to the bio.

Question is, should I bring my 1-year extension NOA from ROC to the bio or just my expired 2-year conditional GC?

Thanks guys... my wife is glad she is an USC at birth after all these ####### we are going through...

Edited by Steve D.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am sorry to hear that.

I can tell how frustrating this can be.

The only thing you have in your hand is the one year extension, with all the means take that with you.

Also I would take with me any letters, emails or notifications regards your efforts to resolve the current issue with USCIS.

This will demonstrate to the officer that you were working hard to solve this matter.

Good luck

Nobody knows? Looks like I'm the ONLY ROC-pending N-400 applicant here huh...

I'm bringing my ROC NOA1 tomorrow just to be safe.

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

I am sorry to hear that.

I can tell how frustrating this can be.

The only thing you have in your hand is the one year extension, with all the means take that with you.

Also I would take with me any letters, emails or notifications regards your efforts to resolve the current issue with USCIS.

This will demonstrate to the officer that you were working hard to solve this matter.

Good luck

Thanks. But it's just a Bio tomorrow so I'll just bring my ROC NOA1. I'll bring a stack of stuff when the N-400 interview comes. Hopefully by then my ROC is done, if not I'll let them sort this out internally.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We went through the same thing with that I-751, not only bring your one year extension notice, but your expired two year card as well. That serves as proof you applied for the I-751, you need both. If you don't receive your ten year card before your interview, have to bring both with your for that. If your one year extension is expiring, have to make an infopass appointment to get either an I-551, I think that is what it is in your current foreign passport book. Or bring in two passport photos and apply for an I-94.

Some people here never even seen their ten year card, and received their certificate of naturalization, for some strange reason, wife received hers just days before her interview, only to have it taken away shortly after. Was a very frustrating time.

We went through the same thing with that I-751, not only bring your one year extension notice, but your expired two year card as well. That serves as proof you applied for the I-751, you need both. If you don't receive your ten year card before your interview, have to bring both with your for that. If your one year extension is expiring, have to make an infopass appointment to get either an I-551, I think that is what it is in your current foreign passport book. Or bring in two passport photos and apply for an I-94.

Some people here never even seen their ten year card, and received their certificate of naturalization, for some strange reason, wife received hers just days before her interview, only to have it taken away shortly after. Was a very frustrating time.

Thanks a lot Nick for the info!

I'm brining my expired conditional GC among the not-yet-expired NOA1 with me to the N-400 bio.

As for my NOA expiring soon? I'm going to make an InfoPass appointment 30 days prior to that expire to have my I-551 stamped.

Funny thing is I put in a service request and got a response that I'll get an answer in 2 months. They never did. I'm 10 months into my ROC and hopefully the N-400 is going to push the process. Maybe I'll be part of the statistics where I'll never see my 10-year GC but received a certificate of naturalization instead.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

They have to adjudicate the ROC before you can have the N-400 interview!

I had both at the same day. Actually I only got the ROC interview letter and my then husband needed to come with me for that interview and all the stuff you need for ROC. After the IO approved my ROC he asked me whether I would be ready for my N-400 interview. I studied the night before for the civics (like I knew this would happen). So I had to go to a different IO for the N-400 and she approved me and I had same day oath ceremony. All done, but that happened 6 years ago.

Can you make make another request for your ROC to speed things up?

Wishing you luck.

Sib

They have to adjudicate the ROC before you can have the N-400 interview!

I had both at the same day. Actually I only got the ROC interview letter and my then husband needed to come with me for that interview and all the stuff you need for ROC. After the IO approved my ROC he asked me whether I would be ready for my N-400 interview. I studied the night before for the civics (like I knew this would happen). So I had to go to a different IO for the N-400 and she approved me and I had same day oath ceremony. All done, but that happened 6 years ago.

Can you make make another request for your ROC to speed things up?

Wishing you luck.

Sib

Thanks for sharing your story Sib!

Anyway got my Bio done, they didn't ask for the ROC NOA letter but I did show them when they realized my 2-year card is expired and told them they are still working on it. The staff just shrug and go yeah it's common lately.

I've already put in a SR 8 months into the ROC, which in reply they told me I'll get an answer in 60 days. Of course that was nothing but a lie as 60 days past, all I got was nothing. So now I'm 10 months in and I'm just going to let my N-400 push it internally. If it's going to take more than that I'm getting an i-551 stamp next month.

It's rare to hear your experience though! I think the possibility of that happening these days is impossible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.