3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Afternoon visa journey friends.

Well finally as time winds down and of course I finally have to money to file adjustment of status for my wife. I got stuck on a form and was wondering if I could get some help. I am filling out the I-485 and under section 2 where it asks me why I am filling the AOS it does not give me the option to enter K-3 so I was wonderign what would you guys recomend checking, I checked currently other and put in K-3 AOS. The reason I decided to complete K-3 as opposed to IRC is to avoid returning to the Consulate in Cuidad Juarez Mex.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Please be aware some people don't have the time or inclination to pull up a form to check the question you are talking about so please list the question and options and you'll get more answers and quicker.

I believe you are option A and you will include a copy of the I-129F approval notice.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you for your input and sorry for that...

As you were responding I was retyping the options to post because I was trying to cut and paste for the past 30 minutes but just resorted to typing it myself. Here they are

a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved (attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military visa petition filed...

b. My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children

c. I entered as a K-1 fiance(e) of a US citizen whom I married within 90 days of entry...

d. I was granted asylum or derivative asylum status as the spouse or child of a person granted asylum and am eligible for adjustment.

e. I am a native or citizen of Cuba admitted or paroled into the US after Jan 1, 1959...

f. I am the husband, wife or minor unmarried child of a Cuban described above in (e)....

g. I have continously resided in the US since before Jan 1, 1972

h. Other basis of eligibility. Explain (for example, I was admitted as a refugee, my status has not been terminated, and I have been physically present in the US for 1 year...

Bookmark and Share

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.