Sveta & Ron

leaving country

49 posts in this topic

i was just thinking scary i know but in my case what should sveta and i expect to take place once she has visa and we are at kbp airport in kyiv and in my case as i fly only klm now and short layover in amsterdam what if any problems could we be ready for

An issue we had last summer with Lena was a lay over in Warsaw, and without a Polish visa they would not allow her out of the airport! So if planing on getting a hotel make sure you get visa for country!!

Edited by jimnlena

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You might consider flying through Frankfurt as there is a 5:30 AM flight out of Kiev, a 2 hour layover and then on to Houston. This makes for a long day, but solves the problem of having to get another visa to stay in a hotel overnight.

This is what I am planning to do. :)

hello greg what part of houston are you? also what city is lena be funny if lena and sveta knows eachother lol on another thought maybe once they both come to houston they can become friends and and help eachother make adjustment to a new life

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i was just thinking scary i know but in my case what should sveta and i expect to take place once she has visa and we are at kbp airport in kyiv and in my case as i fly only klm now and short layover in amsterdam what if any problems could we be ready for

No issues leaving Kiev. For the layover she does not need a visa IF she stays in the secure area of the airport. If she plans to leave the airport she would need a Shengen visa

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You might consider flying through Frankfurt as there is a 5:30 AM flight out of Kiev, a 2 hour layover and then on to Houston. This makes for a long day, but solves the problem of having to get another visa to stay in a hotel overnight.

This is what I am planning to do. :)

There is also a non-stop every day to JFK which is pretty cheap (relatively speaking) and then you can buy your own separate ticket out of NY-JFK That is what we always do. We arrange our own flight to JFK and then buy tickets for JFK to Kiev or Moscow or Donetsk, depending on where we are going and when.

DO NOT buy any tickets until the visa is in your hand.

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

hello greg what part of houston are you? also what city is lena be funny if lena and sveta knows eachother lol on another thought maybe once they both come to houston they can become friends and and help eachother make adjustment to a new life

I dunno man, might want to avoid any conspiracies other than your own. (based on my belief that any good marriage should be a conspiracy between you and your wife).

No issues leaving Kiev. For the layover she does not need a visa IF she stays in the secure area of the airport. If she plans to leave the airport she would need a Shengen visa

+1

Don't make your lay overs too long nor too short. Short enough to remain in the international zone comfortably (4 - 5 hours or less) and not too short so that she has problems getting her baggage from one changeover flight to the next. There's literally hundreds of flights out of Kyiv so finding a convenient route to Houston shouldn't be a problem.

Just make sure that if Houston isn't her point of entry (POE) that she has plenty of time to deal with TSA in between flights. That can take sometime depending on how many immigrants and/or foreign visitors are entering at that airport and in that time frame.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

we will fly klm 13 hour total flight time there and 15 return one 2 hour stop amsterdam then direct to houston

Only one layover and her POE is also her US destination. Nice. :)

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

we will fly klm 13 hour total flight time there and 15 return one 2 hour stop amsterdam then direct to houston

KLM is a fine airline and Amsterdam is the best airport in the world I have seen. Munich is a close 2nd IMO. You will not need a visa in Amsterdam if you just stay in the airport and with a 2 hour layover that is not a problem. Nederlands I my favorite western European country, I have not been to Spain but I do not think Nederlands need worry. The people are very friendly, they speak English like you were in England and they are very polite and helpful. Incredible country, really great! Now that Alla is a citizen I told I definitely want to go to Amsterdam with her, she would love it! That said KLM is a bit pricey and we usually end up on Aerosvit or Aeroflot. When you have to pay for FOUR tickets, you go for the cheap route! Be sure to nuy her some Tulips in Amsterdam, the airport is more like a shopping mall with plenty of florists.

A 2 hour layover between planes is OK in Amsterdam because they have their sh*t together. If it were Paris I would tell you to be prepared for the worst, your bags will get to you two days after you arrive. If you ever have to go to Paris, fly to Brussels and take a train to Paris.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

also klm has good food lol

Incredible food! You would hardly believe it is airline food! Lufthansa and CSA have excellent food and service also. Air France sucks. And on any of those three it seems as though they keep the "service" coming the entire flight. Other airlines throw a box lunch at you and leave you alone for 11 hours. KLM, Lufthansa and CSA keep coing with the drinks and snacks and if you want more just go back to the galley and ask, they will hand you soda, ice cream, snacks, whatever. Plus CSA has HOT Czech women stews! :P

Did I mention I LOVE PRAGUE! :lol:

Gary And Alla

Incredible food! You would hardly believe it is airline food! Lufthansa and CSA have excellent food and service also. Air France sucks. And on any of those three it seems as though they keep the "service" coming the entire flight. Other airlines throw a box lunch at you and leave you alone for 11 hours. KLM, Lufthansa and CSA keep coing with the drinks and snacks and if you want more just go back to the galley and ask, they will hand you soda, ice cream, snacks, whatever. Plus CSA has HOT Czech women stews! :P

Did I mention I LOVE PRAGUE! :lol:

Lufthansa get my vote. I asked the gal to bring me a bottle so I wouldn't have to keep tracking her down to refill my drink and she said she couldn't do that but she could do better. She led me to the back of the plane where the stewardesses hang out, opened up the cage and asked me what I wanted. I flew most of the flight from Frankfurt to Chicago in the back with the stewardesses drinking cuervo and beer. By the time I got to Chicago I could barely walk.

sigbet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't know if you have your heart set on Amsterdam ... Singapore has nearly daily nonstop service between Moscow and Houston.

KLM is nice, but Singapore earns its reputation as the best airline in the world, based on my experience.

No visa issues for her with Moscow. Of course, you might need a visa. And there's a hotel conveniently located next to Domodedovo if you need it.

Just another option.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.