frank_jhen_01

with your fiance/fiancee during k1 interview????

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

do you guys my vj friends went with your her/him on te k1 interview? is it better to be there during the interview?

does it make a difference?

i just want to know you guys opinion.

SACRIFICE, COMMITMENT, DEDICATION, A NEW BREED OF ME

event.png

event.png

do you guys my vj friends went with your her/him on te k1 interview? is it better to be there during the interview?

I had my interview for K1 with him....i feel more confident with him on my side though in the consul interview it ended up that the consul is like interviewing Darrell not me lmfao :rofl: Anyway...many had a successful interview without their partner on their USEM interview so I guess its fine. Goodluck

Timeline

same here, i couldnt fly over to be with her at interview but she was approved and ive read that many times they wont let you in with her anyway,depends on who is interviewing her ,,good luck

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It certainly wouldn't hurt if you're there with her, though Manila is not a difficult consulate. Many times the CO ends up asking the petitioner questions about the relationship or relating to the petitioner on some level - be it sports, both from the same city/state, attended the same university, both former military, etc. However, this is not the case in the hellhole consulates, overwhelmingly staffed by jerks of the first order.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

same here, i couldnt fly over to be with her at interview but she was approved and ive read that many times they wont let you in with her anyway,depends on who is interviewing her ,,good luck

so the interview in USEM is inside now? they don't let you in with her/him? i thought they do ot over the window now? did it change again?

SACRIFICE, COMMITMENT, DEDICATION, A NEW BREED OF ME

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sure it helps because it shows relationship. Petitioner can go inside and is allowed to check in cell phones. You will spend more time waiting. The process is quick. First window Philippine consular for fingerprints, then when called for interview at second window with American consular. Everyone was nice and everyone there was relaxed. You stand at each window and they are behind glass. Embassy is well secured. Consular asked my fiance a few questions about How we met and dates. Asked me for tax returns and my job. I brought a lot of evidence from 4 visits and our time together. She made a pic scrapbook. I asked if she(consular) wanted letter of intent or anything else. She said she has everything and your approved... wait for next window. Next window looks as if they just prepare paperwork and passport. Then you go to the 2go courier window to verify delivery or change delivery. Easy as 1,2,3....

Edited by Anne and Bret

so the interview in USEM is inside now? they don't let you in with her/him? i thought they do ot over the window now? did it change again?

They let you inside then you wait for a number to go to the window. I was there and I think it made it much easier. You can read about the interview experiences at the top of the VJ page under the tab Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

2009-07-15: Marriage

2011-03-23: I-130 Sent

2011-03-29: I-130 NOA1

2011-07-09: I-130 RFE

2011-08-16: RFE Reply Sent

2011-08-18: RFE Reply Received at USCIS

2011-09-19: NOA2 approved

2011-10-12: Received NVC

2011-10-20: Paid $88 fee

2011-11-29 NVC submitted

2011-12-08 NVC approved

2011-12-12 Received interview date - need to change

2012-02-01 New Interview Date - need to change again - sputum required

2012-01-11 Medical - 3 day sputum required

2012-01-18 Begin 3 day sputum test

2012-01-23 Results of Sputum negative now wait for 2 month culture

2012-03-21 ***culture results*** NEGATIVE!!!

2012-03-27 Interview!!!

***APPROVED***

2012-03-30 IR-1 delivered, still waiting for IR-2

2012-04-04 IR-2 Delivered!!!

2012-06-08 POE LA

2012-06-20 SS card arrives

2012-06-26 Green Cards arrive

2012-07-03 Health Dept calls for follow-up TB testing?

** Ramona went through more testing including xrays. The doctor said he couldn't find any evidence of Tb and cleared her for everything.

Timeline

I don't think it makes a difference. I went to one back in May 2010 and when we approached th pre-screeners window I saw our packet and it was already stamped approved. The interview that followed with the Consular Officer was just a technicality. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I definitely plan to be at my fiance's interview. I would not want him to go through it alone. We are in this together. I know it is a costly trip, but he is worth it. Besides, when he gets his visa and comes to the states, it will be a long time before we get to return to Africa. Good luck to all! :yes:

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Although the GUZ consulate does not allow the petitioner to be with the applicant during the K-1 interview, I will travel with her from Beijing to Guangzhou. I will accompany her to the consulate, and will wait for her successful completion of her interview. :yes:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
do you guys my vj friends went with your her/him on te k1 interview? is it better to be there during the interview? does it make a difference?
(Sigh, man) This is asked several times a week. The answers, in short:

1. As to whether it matters, it can & does depend on the stated or unstated requirements & policies of YOUR consulate.

2. The petitioner's presence at the interview (meaning alongside the beneficiary, in the waiting area, outside on the consular grounds, or across the street) is NEVER a negative factor, if only from the standpoint of providing moral support to the beneficiary.

3. At more interviews than we'll ever know, the beneficiary's handing of the petitioner's U.S. passport to the consular officer (proving the petitioner's presence) softens a tough interview or even turns a borderline rejection into a fighting chance of success. This scores points. We can never know how many points, or how often it happens, unless every consul says something, and they don't all say it.

4. What happens in Manila has zero to do with other embassies & consulates!!!!!

this is not the case in the hellhole consulates, overwhelmingly staffed by jerks of the first order.
Did somebody just say "Guayaquil"?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.