bebop + rocksteady

Montreal Interview Waiting Room Thread

232 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I called today and got to speak with none other than Ms. Mean herself. I was calling to follow up on a couple conversations(both phone and email) I had last week about having an interview scheduled because of my IMBRA delay. Well meanie mcgee there insisted my case hadn't been held up by IMBRA(not sure what those 164 days were) and that I wouldn't have an interview until January or February. When I said that before I'd been promised a sooner date I had been told November or December, she said that was "just wrong!" I don't even know who or what to believe anymore, I'm so frustrated! An interview in February would mean that this whole process will have taken almost a year..I thought getting out of CSC was going to be the end of this #######, but it just keeps getting worse. Crazy to think that when we applied, we thought we'd be long married by now.

Sorry for the rant. I've got my fingers crossed for all of you waiting for your interviews :)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, time to pull up my own chair in the waiting room soon enough. Recieved packet 3 today. Will spend the weekend filling out the forms for the 3 of us and hopefully send it back monday. Question is though, is it a gamble sending the checklist and DS230 back right now? I still havent recieved the girls passports. I dont think it would be much of a gamble considering the current wait times for an interview but would appreciate opinions. We have everything else except for those.

I-129F sent: August 18th, 2006

NOA2: October 2nd, 2006

Packet 3 returned to Mtl: October 26th, 2006.

Medical: January 10th, 2007

Interview: January 23rd, 2007, at 2:30. APPROVED

Entry to the US: Feb 28th, 2007 POE Ivy Lea

Married: March 2nd, 2007

AOS/EAD sent May 4th, 2007

NOA1s for all 3 AOS and my EAD May 14th, dated for May 10th

EAD touched May 28th,29th, 2007, Youngest daughter's AOS touched May 29th, 2007

Biometrics: May 30th, 2007

All cases touched May 31, 2007, June 5th, 2007, August 1st, 2007

All 3 AOS transferred to California July 5th, 2007

EAD Approved July 27th, 2007

Finally movement on my AOS, touched on Feb 22 & 24th

GC May 11 2008, date of april 29th on them.

Timeline

Definitely send back the forms ASAP... passports won't take nearly as long to get! I sent back Packet 3 last week and don't expect an interview until the New Year at least! Good luck with the paperwork!

Sean & Tanya

Norfolk, VA & Ottawa, ON

K-1 Journey

August 11, 2006- Sent I-129f ~ Finally!!!

August 12, 2006- I-129f received

August 16, 2006 - N0A1

August 29, 2006 - Touched

Sept 7, 2006 - NOA2 as per USCIS website ~ Approved in 27 days!

Sept 13, 2006- Received N0A2 by mail

Sept 15, 2006- Received letter from NVC dated Sept 13 that case will be sent to Montreal within a week

Oct 2, 2006- Received Packet 3 from MTL!

Oct 11, 2006 - Mailed back Packet 3 to MTL

Oct 19, 2006 - MTL received Packet 3

Nov 15, 2006 - Medical appointment in Ottawa

Dec 22, 2006 - Received Packet #4

Jan 25, 2007 - Interview date @ 14h30

Jan 4th 2007- Phoned MTL Consulate to reschedule interview for late April due to Navy deployment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The few times I have applied for a Canadian passport, was under 2 weeks, and that included being mailed to my house with (un)speedy Canada post, lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
The few times I have applied for a Canadian passport, was under 2 weeks, and that included being mailed to my house with (un)speedy Canada post, lol

You can if you go to an issuing office get them done quickly...you drop it off, they look at it and see that everything is there, process and you can pick it up again very quickly, especially if you explain you have a visa appointment pending.

K-1/K-2 Visas

April 20 2006 ~NOA1

July 05 2006 ~IMBRA RFE

Aug 14 2006 ~RFE (further proof of meeting)

Aug 18 2006 ~Approved NOA2 (Day 120)

Oct 10 2006 ~packet 4 received

Nov 14 2006 ~Montreal interview (expedited due to child aging out) SUCCESS :)

Nov 15 2006 ~Pick up visas

Nov 16 2006 ~Fly to San Francisco from Mtl

Nov 18 2006 ~Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

Dec 18 2006 ~Documents filed

Dec 22 2006 ~NOA1

Jan 10 2007 ~Biometrics appointment

Mar 07 2007 ~AOS interview San Francisco-SUCCESS :)

Mar 19 2007 ~Received Green Cards

I-130 for Daughter

July 28 2007 ~Documents filed

Timeline

When I finally gave into the fact that the interview date is out of our control it seems that things looked our way. What I mean is stay positive and remind yourselves that the outcome is finally being together. Weeks or months....you will get your interview. It isn't the one answer. But it sure helps!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got the call from my sweetie telling me that packet 3 had arrived from Montreal yesterday, so here we are waiting with y'all. The letter was dated Oct. 13, so I assume they mailed it out on this past Monday. We had received our letter from the NVC last week on the 12th, so it would appear that things are moving pretty quickly at this point.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrat Kipster, pull up a chair and join us.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline

Ok, please bear with me as I am mostly a newbie at all this. I searched through what appeared to be nearly an exobyte of data on this site, and my eyes are beginning to curse me. The DS-230 sent by Montreal only included part I. I know the online version is two parts, but it would appear they only want Part I returned with the signed checklist at this time. Does this mean Part II has to be presented at the interview? Any help in answering this question is greatly appreciated. I have read that Montreal is picky about beneficiaries using their forms, so this is what I advised my fiancee to do...just fill it out with a pen and mail it back. Thoughts?

Timeline

Thanks for that heads up.. :) The main reason I ask is because my fiancee came to the states several years ago under an R-1 Religious worker visa and was issued a SSN at the time. She went back to Canada shortly after and lost track of the SSN and the DS-230 Part II asks if a SSN was ever issued in the past, and of course we wanted to answer that truthfully, but she didn't have the card and could not recall the number. So we called the SSA in Bangor ME and they said she would have to send a copy of her marriage certificate from her previous marriage to the office along with the SS5 form, and they would send her a new card. Looks like we can skip that part of the circus and just move on to the other fun parts of the paperwork show.

In case anyone cares I emailed the Consulate over the weekend. Not that I needed to advertise that, but I'm extremely bored at work and got tired of checking my email every thirty seconds. I asked about being "black-listed", but in a nicer way, a question about the i_134 and of course the interview question.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Timeline

you asked about being blacklisted? :lol: You have to let us know if they respond!

I have sent Vancouver a fair amount of emails, so I hesitated to send them one today askign about an interview date. I wrote it , but I couldn't press send! I don't want to be a pest.

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

you asked about being blacklisted? :lol: You have to let us know if they respond!

Here's my question with their response: Do multiple phone calls/emails hinder a possible interview date? No, but you need to be patient.

So there we go, no black listing.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I am happy to here that jg-am. I take it still no answer on an interview for you. Still nothing for me either, but lets hope this week gets better.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.