bebop + rocksteady

Montreal Interview Waiting Room Thread

232 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats leafgal......soooo happy for you.....i knew it would come soon.....its about time!!!!!... (F)

2007 AOS FOR me....Debbie

son...Lance(20)

son...Jason(18)..we lost jay in a head on car crash...oct 4th, 2008

Interview for all 3...03/26

All 3 approved...03/26 ..YEAAAAAAA

all i-485's touched..03/28

rec'd email all ead cards in production..03/29

rec'd email..notice mailed welcoming new perm resident for all 3....03/30

all i485's touched..03831

all ead's touched..03/31

we rec'd all 3 EAD cards...yeha..04/02

rec'd email that all 3 green cards have been ordered..04/04..yeepiekiyaaa!!!

rec'd boys welcome letters...04/05

20 yr olds GREEN CARD COMES!!!!!...he is safe....04/09

rec;d mine and 18yr olds green cards..04/10

good to go until dec of 2008!!!!!!

my son lance joined the vermont national guard..04/25/07

he is leaving for oklahoma for basic training...09/19/07

graduated basic, left for texas to study to become a medic.......12/03/07

he is now a certified medic!!!!......

lifting conditions...dec 26th, 2008 for debbie and son Lance

sent pkg on........ dec 26th, 2008

rec'd sons green card extension.......jan 6th, 2009

check was cashed.............jan 6th, 2008

rec'd son's NOA.........jan 22nd, 2009

rec'd mine and my son's fingerprinting apt...jan 22nd, 2009

fingerprint apts............Febuary 3rd, 2009

touched...both of us...............Feb 4th, 2009

rec'd my extension letter...02/14/2009

re'd our approval letters.....05/15/2009

received our 10 yr cards...06/19/2009

Lance is now deployed to Afghanistan

.png

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad your interview date has appeared much faster than the Leafs winning the cup!! Congrats!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, leafgal, this is terrific news! Yay!!!!

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Definitely a good news :) COngrats!

Just real quick though....whenever you call them they tell you that you havent been scheduled yet, but now you got a date prior to other people, Nov 16th compared to Nov 22nd or 27th.....

I would have honestly expected that any new appointment would be always more late in the calendar than the previous one.....O.o

So we can confirm now that they pretty much work like CSC for petitions, right ? lol

Nothing in all this makes sense to me. But hey, im happy that you get dates that are faster than what they say, and thats all that matters to me. :yes:

Mephys

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

OMG OMG OMG

I just got off the phone and I have my interview scheduled for November 16, I feel so happy yeah yeah yeah. I just called my fiance at work and he is also on cloud nine.

Well back off to work to work now. :lol:

Congrats!!!! This makes me want to call, but my fiancee and I decided not to call for a few weeks. This is so encouraging. Good luck!!!

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

I would have honestly expected that any new appointment would be always more late in the calendar than the previous one.....O.o

Maybe they had a cancellation. ;)

Timeline

There has never been any rhyme or reason in any of this. There's an expectation that the government would be fair and predictable. Ha. Nor is there any cause and effect, jg. Calling doesn't make them give you an interview. Or does it? :unsure:

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

touched April 4

Interview July 16

There has never been any rhyme or reason in any of this. There's an expectation that the government would be fair and predictable. Ha. Nor is there any cause and effect, jg. Calling doesn't make them give you an interview. Or does it? :unsure:

No it doesn't, sadly. We were anxious to call because Leafgal mailed her stuff a few days before us. But Jersey, you sent yours in even earlier, which is too bad that you haven't heard anything. We've decided to wait until the end of next week to give a call or email.

Leafgal, shouldn't you have received a letter by now, being that your interview is three weeks away?

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Timeline

It's clearly a sign of the onset of insanity that I keep looking for a predictable pattern here, but it occured to me that most of you are K-1s. Maybe there's a pile of papers that's getting pushed faster than us K-3s.

You're right to wait, jg, because patience has always been the lesson we're supposed to learn in all this, and most phone calls get rebuffs or misinformation anyway. You see? I'm fatalistic and jaded already, so completely bonkers can't be far off!

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Timeline

hi everyone. We sent our checkllist back on Sept 13 express mail to Montreal. When my finace calls them they say 2 to 4 months...At one point when he called, he has called twice, they told him he has an interview sometime in Nov but still has not received the letter yet. Patiently waiting... :yes:

Timeline
hi everyone. We sent our checkllist back on Sept 13 express mail to Montreal. When my finace calls them they say 2 to 4 months...At one point when he called, he has called twice, they told him he has an interview sometime in Nov but still has not received the letter yet. Patiently waiting... :yes:

Well if they told him that an interview was going to be something in November then that would lead me to believe they knew the date. If they said that interviews were being scheduled for November (at the time he called) that would make sense to me and go with what most of us have recently been told that are waiting.

so if we sent back our checklist Sept 13 and Montreal received it Sept 15th, when do you think we will get the interview?

I would give you the time frame most of us have gotten November-December for an interview. But honestly based on some of the timelines here I would lean closer to December. But then again I don't work at the consulate unfortunately.

I just realized that you joined today. Take some time and read over the immigration timelines via the link at the top and that will give you a better indication of where you stand. Also, we encourage you to fill in your own timeline as best you can to provide the same info to those that come along after you.

Edited by David and Karen

Timeline
Hey folks, just got off the phone with Montreal. The woman told me something completely different than my fiancee or I heard before, which is also different than what all of you have heard. The lady said they are booking for December, and that people from MAy are still waiting, like the girl who the woman spoke with just before me. She suggested not going along with any plans until we have the interview/visa, blah, blah blah. I even asked about my fiancee and I hearing different things(and bilssgirl...congrats again) but she repeated what she said about booking people from May. I guess I'll have a snack while I wait.

In other news, I have peace about things, so that's good.

hey how do I find out if our case has been touched? we are also waiting for the interview in Montreal and we sent our checklist in Sept 13th.....

so if we sent back our checklist Sept 13 and Montreal received it Sept 15th, when do you think we will get the interview?

David and karen, thank you for the help. I will fill out my timeline and check out the link you sent me to....

thanks so much

Don't know if this is significant, but our I-129f was touched 3 days ago. That's a month after sending the checklist to Montreal.

Jersey girl, how did you find out that you're I129F was touched? I want to check ours.....

Timeline

[quote name=smallcan999' date='Oct 29 2006, 06:18 PM' J

Jersey girl, how did you find out that you're I129F was touched? I want to check ours.....

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

You have to sign up and then you can track it through USCIS.

Edited by David and Karen

Hi smallcan,

You can't tell if your case is touched in Montreal, but Jersey is referring to the USCIS case status.

case status online

You put in your Case # and it will show dates when the case was last accessed. That is what they mean by touched.

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.