JC&Evelin

DS-3032 and DS-230 HELP

13 posts in this topic

I would like to know if I can ask my wife to mail me form DS-230 and DS-3032 signed like NOW? I just got NOA1 with a 4/5/2012 date. Or do this forms have an expiration date and its to early to start collecting that from my wife?. I know for DS-3032 I can send the email, but just in case.

Finally we all three together. We are happy :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I would like to know if I can ask my wife to mail me form DS-230 and DS-3032 signed like NOW? I just got NOA1 with a 4/5/2012 date. Or do this forms have an expiration date and its to early to start collecting that from my wife?. I know for DS-3032 I can send the email, but just in case.

Hah...be more patient! Your journey had just begun.

You'll have time to collect whatever is needed when you get approved.And that takes a while!

5ZDrp2.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bulgaria

I-130 Sent :.................................. 2011-10-10

I-130 NOA1 :.................................2011-10-14

I-130 NOA2:..................................2012-03-30

NVC Received :............................2012-05-03

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-05-03

Pay I-864 Bill................................ 2012-05-07

Receive I-864 Package :............2012-05-08

Return Completed I-864 :...........2012-05-10

Return Completed DS-3032 :....2012-05-04

Receive IV Bill :............................2012-05-11

Pay IV Bill :................................... 2012-05-11

Package IV sent :........................2012-05-17

Package IV received:.................2012-05-21

Interview date:.............................2012-06-27

APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hah...be more patient! Your journey had just begun.

You'll have time to collect whatever is needed when you get approved.And that takes a while!

You're wise to be thinking ahead, but you're probably looking at 6-7 months before you need to submit those forms, assuming you don't reside abroad and didn't apply for an expedite. Might be worth waiting until a bit closer to the deadline just in case the forms change, and so your dated signature isn't too far before you turn in the form.

Sept 9, 2011: NOA1

March 16, 2012: NOA2

April 10, 2012: NVC Case Number Assigned, AOS Invoice Received

April 11, 2012: OPTIN for EP with DS-3032 sent, AOS bill paid

April 12, 2012: AOS Package Sent

April 17, 2012: IV Bill invoiced, paid

April 19, 2012: IV package sent

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

April 23, 2012: Letter approving DS-230, False checklist for AOS checklist

May 1, 2012: Appointment Letter Received (for May 23rd)

May 22, 2012: Interview canceled pending further medical tests

July 15, 2012: New Appointment letter Received

August 1, 2012: Interview, Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Don't do it just yet. When you hit around five months from your NOA1 date, I'd say you should ask your wife to start getting all her documents ready for the NVC stage. As for the DS-230, she can send it to you once you get your NOA2, along with the rest of the documents.

This is one long journey and you're just at the beginning, so I wish you all the luck. Many blessings!!!

07/14/2011 Wedding

USCIS (187 days)

08/16/2011 I-130 filed

08/19/2011 NOA1
02/22/2012 NOA2

NVC (14 days)
03/08/2012 NVC case #, IIN, emailed DS-3032
03/13/2012 AOS invoiced & paid
03/14/2012 AOS package mailed
03/16/2012 DS-3032 acceptance
03/19/2012 IV bill invoiced and paid
03/20/2012 DS-230 package sent
03/22/2012 Case Complete
04/10/2012 Interview date assigned; packet IV received
MEDICALS/US CONSULATE/POE
05/02/2012 Medicals
05/09/2012 Interview APPROVED
05/11/2012 Visa in hand
05/24/2012 POE TORONTO
06/28/2012 Got SSN and Green Card

ROC

02/27/2014 Package sent

02/28/2014 NOA1

03/28/2014 Biometrics

06/20/2014 Approved

06/22/2014 Got the 10-yr GC
N-400

03/03/2015 Package sent

03/10/2015 Check encashed

03/13/2015 NOA

03/26/2015 Fingerprints

04/27/2015 In line

06/19/2015 Interview letter

07/23/2015 Interview

08/19/2015 Oath ceremony

Don't do it just yet. When you hit around five months from your NOA1 date, I'd say you should ask your wife to start getting all her documents ready for the NVC stage. As for the DS-230, she can send it to you once you get your NOA2, along with the rest of the documents.

This is one long journey and you're just at the beginning, so I wish you all the luck. Many blessings!!!

Thanks a lot. I just want to be ready :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The forms should have current information at the time they are needed. OK to start working on them but no need to sign or mail either form until after the petition is approved.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I would definitely wait. The DS-230 is only good for one year and you have to pay again if it expires before your visa is granted. This just happened to my daughter-in-law. The DS-3032 can be signed by you now and then be submitted. My son signed his in 2009 and it didn't expire. Good luck to you.

Timeline

I would definitely wait. The DS-230 is only good for one year and you have to pay again if it expires before your visa is granted. This just happened to my daughter-in-law. The DS-3032 can be signed by you now and then be submitted. My son signed his in 2009 and it didn't expire. Good luck to you.

The above has no meaning in this case. You cannot possibly pay the DS-230 fee too early because it must first be invoiced. It's also not correct that the fee or form are "only good for one year". I don't understand where people get these strange ideas.

You MUST wait to pay the fee but you can start preparing the form whenever you please.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The above has no meaning in this case. You cannot possibly pay the DS-230 fee too early because it must first be invoiced. It's also not correct that the fee or form are "only good for one year". I don't understand where people get these strange ideas.

You MUST wait to pay the fee but you can start preparing the form whenever you please.

I guess I will wait. The thing is I can't save data on DS230 when doing it on the computer!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I am sorry to disagree. That is what I was told by the DOS. Our fist DS-230 was submitted and paid for in 2009. At her final interview in 2012, she was requested to submit a new DS-230 and I-864 along with a new passport, medical, police certificate and birth certificate. She did not have to pay again for the DS-230. Sorry for the confusion.

Timeline

The fee for the DS-230, by the way, HAS to be paid before they will process your visa.

Timeline

The fee for the DS-230, by the way, HAS to be paid before they will process your visa.

Perhaps we have a language problem here. Of course the immigrant visa application fee (not a DS-230 fee but the DS-230 IS the application used) must be paid before the visa is issued. However, it cannot be paid "too early". It is paid sometime between when it is invoiced and when the case is sent on to the Consulate. The DS-230 does not expire and cannot be submitted until AFTER the DS-3032. The DS3032 cannot be submitted until NVC has assigned a Dept. of State case number.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.