16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife's interview was last week on April 2nd. They gave her 221g stating additional administrative processing we will contact for passport. Today I spoke to DOS and they told me that this is not mandatory AP but an internal process and case is still at embassy. What could this mean and does this mean that AP will be over soon?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

AP can take 1 or more months depending on the country, I have seen some as long as a year and some less than a month on here. It's a wait and see issue :( Good Luck to you!

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

As far as I know, mandatory AP is for background/name checks for the beneficiary performed external to the embassy, while internal AP is performed internal to the embassy.

If you were told the beneficiary is under internal AP, this most probably means that the embassy is scrutinizing the validity of the documentation and/or validity of your claimed relationship with the beneficiary.

This is from my knowledge of AP, however, realize that AP is an extremely broad term that they use to justify checking up on pretty much anything.....so, it can any number of things they could be internally checking up on. How was your interview? Did it feel like the CO was questioning the validity of your relationship or not satisfied with the evidence you presented?

Timeline

if the CO thought that there was some fraud indicators she would not have given all my documents back nor requested any documents. The interview went very well and all of our documents were given back. She hardly asked us any questions, only how me and my wife met, when we got married, and what I do? That is all that was asked and she gave us the white paper 221g stating additional administrative processing and we will contact you for passport.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahrain
Timeline

if the CO thought that there was some fraud indicators she would not have given all my documents back nor requested any documents. The interview went very well and all of our documents were given back. She hardly asked us any questions, only how me and my wife met, when we got married, and what I do? That is all that was asked and she gave us the white paper 221g stating additional administrative processing and we will contact you for passport.

Same happened with us. The interview went well and we were given the white paper. Looks like a common procedure for certain countries. Nobody told us what kind of AP it was, neither did we ask. Our interview was originally scheduled for first week of April by NVC but the CO called us and scheduled it 3 weeks in advance which makes it sound as if they knew that our case will be pending in AP. Either way I am glad that they called us earlier. We got 3 weeks head start :thumbs:

Edited by XPRSURSLF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Are you or your wife Muslim or from pakistan or the middle east?

Usually women AP are just 1-2 months of AP from these countries

But men can be in AP for 18 months or 2 weeks

there is no rhyme or reasons or anyway to predict the length of AP

All you can do is hope it is over soon

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes I believe the OP (or at least the OP's wife) is Pakistani. I remember him posting a thread earlier about it. But I am puzzled as to why they are going through internal AP?

Edited by sulhaq

Timeline

I am puzzled myself. My wife is a Canadian Citizen but was born in Pakistan. I have already contacted my senator and my congressman. Both will be emailing the consulate this week to find out what is going on..hopefully that works in my favor since this is internal AP.

Timeline

I am puzzled myself. My wife is a Canadian Citizen but was born in Pakistan. I have already contacted my senator and my congressman. Both will be emailing the consulate this week to find out what is going on..hopefully that works in my favor since this is internal AP.

AP is mandatory in Canada if the Canadian spouse, or their parents were not born in Canada. (especially if they are from the Middle East)

AP can last from a month to three months from what I've seen here.

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Timeline

AP is mandatory in Canada if the Canadian spouse, or their parents were not born in Canada. (especially if they are from the Middle East)

AP can last from a month to three months from what I've seen here.

Is this official somewhere or speculation on someone's part?

USCIS

07/24/2011 Got married in Toronto

09/12/2011 Filed I-130

09/13/2011 NOA1

09/16/2011 Touched

03/23/2012 NOA2 (192 days from NOA1 date)

NVC

05/08/12: NVC Case Number, IIN, BID Received

05/08/12: Filled DS261 Online

05/08/12: Sent Optin Email for Electronic Processing

05/08/12: AOS Fee Paid

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My wife's interview was last week on April 2nd. They gave her 221g stating additional administrative processing we will contact for passport. Today I spoke to DOS and they told me that this is not mandatory AP but an internal process and case is still at embassy. What could this mean and does this mean that AP will be over soon?

mandatory administrative process/review is the same, what it means your case still pending.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

Is this official somewhere or speculation on someone's part?

As mandated by the Department of State (DOS) and effective as of August 1, 2003,

Applicants that were born on the “List of 26” countries (a classified list of predominantly Muslim countries, and/or nationals of Cuba, Syria, Sudan, Iran, and North Korea, and applicants who were subject to National Security Entry/Exit Registration (NSEERS), if applying in Canada, they should be prepared to wait while routine security checks are pending. Also, remind these applicants that they must have complied with special registration and departure registration requirements.

American Immigration Lawyers Association

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Timeline

I spoke to DOS and they stated that the consulate officer has the case. It has not moved out of embassy. What could this mean? The CO did not cross examine us or do anything which meant that she thought that a red flag was raised on our relationship.

Timeline

As was stated before Administrative Processing at the embassy is usually for relationship and document verification. They can also do name checks there but not the extensive ones like the FBI does.

I am glad youu contacted your congressman because when in internal AP they can help move the CO along

After internal AP is done the CO can send it to Mandatory Ap for deep name checks

Or they can print the visa

If you know you have nothing to worry about then do not worry. You have done what you are supposed to now just wait for 3 weeks and see where it gets you. You can still call DOS daily and email the embassy weekly for updates.

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

I just realized that DOS might be playing word games with you.

I think you are asking the WRONG questions

Call back and when they say it is in process then ask

IS it MANDATORY

if they say no then ask

Is it internal?

Then you will have the correct answer

The file NEVER leaves the embassy

they are playing with you

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.