Alawi

Citizenship

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, i received yellow letter in the mail, what yellow letter mean? it says this in not an interview notice!! and i must bring Drivers lisence to the interview!! i am kinda confused :unsure: thanks guys.

Hi everyone, i received yellow letter in the mail, what yellow letter mean? it says this in not an interview notice!! and i must bring Drivers lisence to the interview!! i am kinda confused :unsure: thanks guys.

It's a pre-interview letter. Some receive it, some not and it is generally not a big deal. Depending on your office, you should receive your official interview letter some time soon.

Edited by nwctzn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

It is just a notification telling you get your documents ready. They will list any documents in particular if they need to see from you. Your interview letter should be on way soon. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

It is just a notification telling you get your documents ready. They will list any documents in particular if they need to see from you. Your interview letter should be on way soon. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Good Morning guys, thanks for the reply!! now i will have to wait for my interview letter to come, thanks again and wishing luck to everyone on their immigration journey. :D

Good Morning guys, thanks for the reply!! now i will have to wait for my interview letter to come, thanks again and wishing luck to everyone on their immigration journey. :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Stepdaughter received one of those, told her to bring her drivers' license or state ID card, just guess they don't trust their own green card for ID. That green card is what she needed to get both her state ID and later, her drivers' license. Good thing the DMV trusts the USCIS. If they didn't trust that card, would be in deep trouble.

Her IO trusted that green card, didn't want to see her drivers' license. Suppose to be a photo ID, but she also had her foreign passport with a photo ID, that he did want to see to make sure she filled out her trips correctly.

Stepdaughter received one of those, told her to bring her drivers' license or state ID card, just guess they don't trust their own green card for ID. That green card is what she needed to get both her state ID and later, her drivers' license. Good thing the DMV trusts the USCIS. If they didn't trust that card, would be in deep trouble.

Her IO trusted that green card, didn't want to see her drivers' license. Suppose to be a photo ID, but she also had her foreign passport with a photo ID, that he did want to see to make sure she filled out her trips correctly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: How true Nick!

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Maybe it's about the address on your id. They may be wanting to see if you live where you said, and if you are in the jurisdiction of that office. The greencard doesn't show an address. A state id is a little more official than a birthday card addressed to you so they choose to ask for that.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.