Jason & Masha

I-134 and Russian Embassy

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ members,

I am in the processes of starting my K-1 Visa. I have a question regarding co-sponsors. I am currently self-employed. 2011 was my first year filing taxes (I made $19,133 adjusted gross income). The reason I only have 1 year tax history is because I was formally a student. If I understand correctly, if you self employed then they want to see 3 years tax return history. I will only be able to show 1 year history as well as what I have made so far in 2012. FYI I will make about $30,000 in 2010 but I will file a 1099 (self employment).

So if they will not accept me as a sponsor, I understand I can get a co-sponsor. However, I heard that the Russian embassy does not accept co-sponsors. Is this true? If the US consulate does not accept me as a sponsor and the Russian embassy does not accept co-sponsors, I could be in big trouble!! What could I do? Does anyone have any information on this matter?

I greatly appreciate all help!! Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It's the Manila Embassy that does that. Cosponsor for you is just fine!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Manila? In the Philippines? My fiancee lives near Volgograd Russia. I don't understand!

You will be perfectly fine with a co-sponsor. Good Luck with your journey!

джейсон и ларисы путешествие

USCIS

11/08/2011 - K1 Sent

11/09/2011 - USCIS received; email/text confirmation

11/14/2011 - Hard copy received (NOA1)

03/09/2012 - USCIS approval; email/text confirmation

03/14/2012 - Hard copy received; notice date of 03/09/2012 (NOA2)

NVC

04/04/2012 - Arrives at NVC; received case number

04/09/2012 - Leaves NVC; en route to US Embassy

US Embassy Moscow

04/18/2012 - Arrives Embassy

05/15/2012 - Interview (Approved)

05/21/2012 - Visa received

POE

05/30/2012 - Atlanta

06/04/2012 - Applied for SSN

06/07/2012 - SSN card arrives in mail

06/08/2012 - Married in Augusta

AOS

07/02/2012 - I-485, I-131, I-765 applications sent

07/06/2012 - USCIS received; x3 email/text confirmation

07/09/2012 - Hard copy received x3 (NOA)

08/03/2012 - Biometrics complete

08/30/2012 - I-131and I-765 approved

09/10/2012 - EAD/AP combo card arrives in mail

10/29/2012 - AOS Interview in Atlanta

10/30/2012 - AOS approval

11/08/2012 - Greencard received

Timeline

Are you sure that I would be ok? As I understand, some country's embassies don't allow co-sponsors. Do you know where I could find this information about the Russian embassy?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Are you sure that I would be ok? As I understand, some country's embassies don't allow co-sponsors. Do you know where I could find this information about the Russian embassy?

FYI you will not be dealing with the Russian embassy, you will be dealing with the US embassy in Moscow.

Check here for a lot of information http://moscow.usembassy.gov/ I don't think they will include info about co-sponsors but VJ members are telling correctly. They will consider a co-sponsor.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Timeline

FYI you will not be dealing with the Russian embassy, you will be dealing with the US embassy in Moscow.

Check here for a lot of information http://moscow.usembassy.gov/ I don't think they will include info about co-sponsors but VJ members are telling correctly. They will consider a co-sponsor.

Thank you!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Manila? In the Philippines? My fiancee lives near Volgograd Russia. I don't understand!

The US Embassy in Manila does not allow cosponsors for K-1 visa applicants, the US Embassy in Moscow does.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• 3 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Recent posts have been split from this now-closed ancient thread.

The new thread is also in the R/U/B regional forum.

The thread title is "Co-Sponsors at Moscow Embassy? [split topic]."

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.