peterah

bringing my sister as employee

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Guys,

I am wondering if i could petition my sister as an employee ( baby sitter ) or an employee at our company, but if we will go this route it would be hard because she didnot finished college, and she didnot have work experienced.

Also, i am wondering, would it be easier for me to do it if i'll operate a restaurant here( a filipino restaurant)so that way i could hire her? but really at the end she will be babysitting my baby, but still she could work when i am at home.

How about if shell go to school here but we will shoulder her expenses? what are the steps for that? thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Guys,

I am wondering if i could petition my sister as an employee ( baby sitter ) or an employee at our company, but if we will go this route it would be hard because she didnot finished college, and she didnot have work experienced.

Also, i am wondering, would it be easier for me to do it if i'll operate a restaurant here( a filipino restaurant)so that way i could hire her? but really at the end she will be babysitting my baby, but still she could work when i am at home.

How about if shell go to school here but we will shoulder her expenses? what are the steps for that? thank you!

This not a good idea and has failed in the pass. Employee based Visa are for person with extraordinary ability.

USCIS or the Embassy will smell this coming from a mile away.

Misrepresentation of Material Facts or Fraud

Attempting to obtain a visa by the willful misrepresentation of a material fact or fraud may result in you becoming permanently ineligible (Banned from USA) to receive a U.S. visa or enter the United States.

You can read through the CATEGORIES for Employee based Visas here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1323.html

Not to say you can not petition for your siblings (sisters or brothers). This process can take years to be reviewed and possibly approved. So time 10 -15 years.

You have to think about what adjudicator or Consulate Officer will see.. Why can't you find a babysitter here in the USA? Why can you find a chef or waitress here in the USA? What extraordinary skills does your sister have that is required for your business, that is not here already?

I would advise against going down that road.

Student visa sounds more plausible and obtainable. There are steps to obtain a student visa.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html

Other can add more details on obtaining a F-1 Student visa.

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello Guys,

A student visa could be a good idea if she wants to finish college. However, keep in mind that college is expensive in the US. You will have to provide proof (bank statements for example) showing you have enough money to cover not only the tuition, but also living expenses, books, health insurance, etc. She will also need to prove she has strong ties to her country, showing she will return there after completing her studies. Both are the main requirements I remember now for student visas. Good luck!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with the others that it is not a good idea or even possible to enter under an employment Visa. As a student it is possible as I work with many college Interns during the summer that are from overseas. I'm just not quite sure what is the financial requirement. Anyways good luck!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This not a good idea and has failed in the pass. Employee based Visa are for person with extraordinary ability.

USCIS or the Embassy will smell this coming from a mile away.

Misrepresentation of Material Facts or Fraud

Attempting to obtain a visa by the willful misrepresentation of a material fact or fraud may result in you becoming permanently ineligible (Banned from USA) to receive a U.S. visa or enter the United States.

You can read through the CATEGORIES for Employee based Visas here:

http://travel.state....types_1323.html

Not to say you can not petition for your siblings (sisters or brothers). This process can take years to be reviewed and possibly approved. So time 10 -15 years.

You have to think about what adjudicator or Consulate Officer will see.. Why can't you find a babysitter here in the USA? Why can you find a chef or waitress here in the USA? What extraordinary skills does your sister have that is required for your business, that is not here already?

I would advise against going down that road.

Student visa sounds more plausible and obtainable. There are steps to obtain a student visa.

http://travel.state....types_1268.html

Other can add more details on obtaining a F-1 Student visa.

Well said Wally! OP, your idea is not new or original - and it's not even worthy of an attempt. Failure is certain.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

OP all you are trying to bring your sister over to US under one or other pretext.

Some of the options you have presented are mis-representation and visa fraud.

If she is really interested in going to school than she can take the right test and apply for admission and the college that will accpet her would send her the other documentation.

Bringing her as employee is not going to work.

Edited by Harsh_77

Not sure how it is for the Philippines but student visas are a bit difficult to get as well. Firstly your sister's area of study should not be one that is provided readily in you home country (eg archeology/neurology) or she has to be quite academically intelligent. Secondly you need to secure the funds necessary to cover tuition for INTERNATIONAL scholars. The student visa application is no walk in the park.

Your sister is not going to be allowed to come to America to babysit and work in restaurants, we have 12 year olds for that. The only way, as it stands, for her entering the US is through filing an I-130 for a sibling which for you takes about 20 years.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hello Guys,

Without a college education, she will not be able to get a work visa here.

To bring a foreign worker to the US, the US employer must advertise the position and certify to the US Labor Dept. that no US resident is available for the job before the employer can apply for a work visa on behalf of the employee. It will be next to impossible for you to show that no US resident can babysit or work in a restaurant. Why would the US let you bring in your foreign sister to work when lots of US residents are unemployed? If the US allow people like you to bring in your unskilled foreign labor than doesn't that mean less jobs available for unemployed US workers? That is why your sister will never qualify for a work visa as your babysitter or restaurant worker.

To go to school, she needs to be accepted to a US college before she can apply for a student visa. Once she gets accepted, then she needs to prove that she has sufficient funds to pay for her course of study. This is the way to go. However, a student visa is a non-immigrant visa and your sister will need to show she has strong ties to her country that indicates she will return after her schooling is finished.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If she is young enough she could may be qualify for an au pair program (J1 visa)?

It does not require education.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.