Khushi81

APRIL 2012 FILERS N-400

1,015 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well our mailman should be here in 15 minutes and if the tax transcripts that we ordered on Wednesday isnt in the mail, we are heading to Houston to the IRS office to get them. Yah all of this could have been avoided if the IRS system would have allowed me to order 2011 tax transcript.

Did you file late or something? I've never had any issues getting transcripts. I made sure to order ours immediately after we filed so that we could avoid having to wait, as I knew we would need them for the interview.

Edited by rocks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did you file late or something? I've never had any issues getting transcripts. I made sure to order ours immediately after we filed so that we could avoid having to wait, as I knew we would need them for the interview.

Yah we did unfortunately. I learned my lesson for next time... lol only there shouldnt be a next time since after this gets mailed off then we wait for his oath letter!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Yah we did unfortunately. I learned my lesson for next time... lol only there shouldnt be a next time since after this gets mailed off then we wait for his oath letter!

I waited a week after filing our taxes then ordered the transcripts, if you only filed recently that could be why you were unable to order them online. I would definitely go to the IRS office and get a copy if you don't get it in the mail today. I can only imagine how frustrating it is waiting for the oath ceremony so everything is official! Good luck!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

updating and A QUESTION .... here's my question.. i got my letter and it states that i must bring MY DRIVER'S LICENSE and PREVIOUS TRAFFIC VIOLATION RECEIPT... do i have to BRING anything else?? tax returns? passports(recent and expired)?? just to be safe? did anyone bring more that they should bring??

Bogartthexplorer.....|04/17/12.|04/24/12.|04/20/12.|06/20/12.|08/02/12.|09/04/12.|--/--/--.|Detroit, MI.........|

Finally! I was looking when Detroit will move :) I am two months behind you, so I will probably have my interview at November. Too long... But it's good to know it doesn't freeze :)

About your question. I think better to bring whatever you can, as much as you can. I see people got a RFE at interview often, so it is safer to overestimate than under. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yep! Going to the post office in the morning! There was signs posted that said Do Not Use your Cell Phone & a guy got on his phone & the security officer chewed him out in front of all of us. Then a man came inside the office with a small yorkie dog and the security officer told him he couldnt come inside since thats not a seeing eye dog. Crazyness there!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Yep! Going to the post office in the morning! There was signs posted that said Do Not Use your Cell Phone & a guy got on his phone & the security officer chewed him out in front of all of us. Then a man came inside the office with a small yorkie dog and the security officer told him he couldnt come inside since thats not a seeing eye dog. Crazyness there!

:lol:

Sounds like the Social Security office! I had to go back there last week and it was just like that.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

After getting Citizenship are we supposed to update Social Security? Can we do it in DMV or do we

have to go personally to Social Security Office.

Yes, you have to update your status in SS system - citizen.

Timeline

Can we do it in DMV or should we go only personally to the Social Security Office and update the status as Citizen?

You have to go to the SS office.

Edit: Wait 7-10 days before going there. It took 7 days for my status to be updated by USCIS.

Edited by rocks

You have to go to the SS office.

Edit: Wait 7-10 days before going there. It took 7 days for my status to be updated by USCIS.

Hello, how do you check if USCIS has updated your status to US Citizen?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.