Bunnyqr

Here's our update

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello everybody! I just got back from 2 weeks in Greece. Flew in last night. Jet lagging a little, but I got enough rest. God I hate airplane food, yuck!!!!

The first thing I want to say is that Heathrow Airport is a MESS!!!!! I flew from JFK to Heathrow on Sunday the 24th. The security lines were ENORMOUS!!!! And I had such little time to catch my connecting flight to Athens. I asked at least 5 British Airways workers to help me get to my connecting flight and was flat out refused with the answer "Oh well, you will miss your flight". So I took matters into my own hands and ran into the line that was for first class ticket holders, then I pushed may way through cutting in front of everyone in line. I got many dirty looks and a few "Hey miss". Then I threw my bag and shoes through the security belt and asked the guard where my gate was. As he was looking it up, I was through security. He tells me the gate. I grab my one bag and shoes and RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never ran so fast in my adult life. I went down an escalator, down a long hall and got to the gate that had closed doors. I almost fainted and threw my boarding pass and passport at them and through gasping breath yelled ATHENS!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

God blessed me that day. They looked at me, got on their radios and told them to open the doors and hold on for one more customer. I GOT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so I was rude for the first time in my life and damn it, it felt good!!! Hahahaha!!

I spent a wonderful week in the mountains in a little village near Sparta with my honey. We had the family house to ourselves and it was so quiet and relaxing. After a week of bliss we drove back to Athens for the remaining week. I love his family so much. I am so blessed that Andreas comes from such a good family. They are always happy and very laid back. Gotta love the Greeks for that!!

Now for the Visa process saga. I brought with me all the documents in an accordian folder for him once we get approved for his interview at the embassy. We went through all the documents together. I explained what each document was and what it was called. He wrote on the post it tabs in Greek for himself so when he is asked for them he will know what each one is.

I instructed him to take with him all the pics he has of us, letters and phone bills.

The bad news is I didn't bring back the Final Divorce Decree. It was still at the Metropolis waiting for his ex wife to sign. She was on vacation for a week and forgot to sign it. So Friday morning she signed it and the papers will all be ready for him to pick up on Monday or Tuesday this week. I instructed my fiance to over night them DHL as soon as he has them.

Now, don't think I didn't have a ###### fit when I found out the papers weren't ready. I WAS PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that they weren't ready. And I was pissed when I was there that the teachers of Greece were all on strike and fighting with the government and having huge demonstrations in front of the Metropolis with police baracades not allowing us in to the Metropolis the beginning of the week. So I had to finally take a deep breath and surrender to the fact that ALL OF THIS IS OUT OF MY CONTROL!!!

I couldn't control the strike and I couldn't control the fact that his ex wife hadn't signed the papers in time.

So there we are, still waiting for the papers but the good news is we have extended time to get it in to Vermont. Our new dead line is November 12th.

I need all your prayers and support that we will get these papers in on time and can finally say "WE ARE APPROVED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Andreas & Bridgett

3dflagsdotcom_greec_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Kisses.jpg

January 29, 2006 - WE GOT ENGAGED!!

March 20, 2006- mail K-1 VISA (certified & return receipt).

March 22, 2006 - Vermont office receives our application.

March 23, 2006 - NOA1

March 24, 2006 - Check is cashed

April 22, 2006 - Receive email from USCIS that RFE is mailed for more information.

April 28, 2006 - Receive RFE in the mail. Need final divorce decree from Andreas.

June 20, 2006 - 2nd RFE (IMBRA)

June 23, 2006 - Received RFE (IMBRA) in the mail.

June 24, 2006 - FedEx IMBRA RFE to Vermont office.

June 27, 2006 - Vermont Office received IMBRA RFE.

July 3, 2006 - Touched

July 12, 2005 - Fedex request for extension for the 1st RFE.

July 17, 2006 - Deadline for 1st RFE.

July 18, 2006 - Touched

July 19, 2006 - Touched

July 20, 2006 - Touched

August 6, 2006 - Touched

August 17, 2006 - Touched and email that a letter has been sent with regards to RFE.

August 23, 2006 - Letter received, we got the extension I requested, they allowed us 3 MORE MONTHS!!!

October 27, 2006 - Papers mailed by courier from Athens.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everybody! I just got back from 2 weeks in Greece. Flew in last night. Jet lagging a little, but I got enough rest. God I hate airplane food, yuck!!!!

The first thing I want to say is that Heathrow Airport is a MESS!!!!! I flew from JFK to Heathrow on Sunday the 24th. The security lines were ENORMOUS!!!! And I had such little time to catch my connecting flight to Athens. I asked at least 5 British Airways workers to help me get to my connecting flight and was flat out refused with the answer "Oh well, you will miss your flight". So I took matters into my own hands and ran into the line that was for first class ticket holders, then I pushed may way through cutting in front of everyone in line. I got many dirty looks and a few "Hey miss". Then I threw my bag and shoes through the security belt and asked the guard where my gate was. As he was looking it up, I was through security. He tells me the gate. I grab my one bag and shoes and RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never ran so fast in my adult life. I went down an escalator, down a long hall and got to the gate that had closed doors. I almost fainted and threw my boarding pass and passport at them and through gasping breath yelled ATHENS!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

God blessed me that day. They looked at me, got on their radios and told them to open the doors and hold on for one more customer. I GOT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so I was rude for the first time in my life and damn it, it felt good!!! Hahahaha!!

I spent a wonderful week in the mountains in a little village near Sparta with my honey. We had the family house to ourselves and it was so quiet and relaxing. After a week of bliss we drove back to Athens for the remaining week. I love his family so much. I am so blessed that Andreas comes from such a good family. They are always happy and very laid back. Gotta love the Greeks for that!!

Now for the Visa process saga. I brought with me all the documents in an accordian folder for him once we get approved for his interview at the embassy. We went through all the documents together. I explained what each document was and what it was called. He wrote on the post it tabs in Greek for himself so when he is asked for them he will know what each one is.

I instructed him to take with him all the pics he has of us, letters and phone bills.

The bad news is I didn't bring back the Final Divorce Decree. It was still at the Metropolis waiting for his ex wife to sign. She was on vacation for a week and forgot to sign it. So Friday morning she signed it and the papers will all be ready for him to pick up on Monday or Tuesday this week. I instructed my fiance to over night them DHL as soon as he has them.

Now, don't think I didn't have a ###### fit when I found out the papers weren't ready. I WAS PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that they weren't ready. And I was pissed when I was there that the teachers of Greece were all on strike and fighting with the government and having huge demonstrations in front of the Metropolis with police baracades not allowing us in to the Metropolis the beginning of the week. So I had to finally take a deep breath and surrender to the fact that ALL OF THIS IS OUT OF MY CONTROL!!!

I couldn't control the strike and I couldn't control the fact that his ex wife hadn't signed the papers in time.

So there we are, still waiting for the papers but the good news is we have extended time to get it in to Vermont. Our new dead line is November 12th.

I need all your prayers and support that we will get these papers in on time and can finally say "WE ARE APPROVED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Welcome back!! and i will definetely keep the both of you in my prayers. I can say all that we must do to be with our loved ones is alot mentally, physically, and emotionally but its worth it in the end that's for sure. Good luck to the both of you and i wish you a successful process!!!

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Good luck!!! :thumbs:

Good luck!!! :thumbs:

2006-06-30 I-129F sent to Nebraska

2006-07-08 NOA1 from California Service Center

2006-07-14 Touched

2006-09-18 NOA2(by email) Thank you God!!!

2006-09-19 Touched

2006-10-02 Left from the NVC to the embassy

2006-10-06 Embassy received the petition

2006-10-06 Got package 3

2006-10-13 Sent it back to the embassy

2006-10-24 INTERVIEW DATE

2006-10-24 I GOT MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006-10-31 Date of US entry

2006-11-18 Marriage

2006-11-28 Filed SSN form

2006-12-04 SSN in mail

2006-12-22 AOS,EAD,AP,sent to Chicago

2006-12-27 NOA1 from MSC

2007-01-18 Biometrics Columbus, OH

2007-01-05 Touched(I485,I765,I131)

2007-01-23 Touched(I485,I765)

2007-03-30 INTERVIEW DATE - CINCINNATI !!!!!!

2007-03-13 AP received

2007-03-15 EAD received

2007-03-30 INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!

2007-04-10 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome Back Bunnygr,

After reading your story, I think I may use you when my hubby and I take a flight back to Egypt for a visit. You can be our quarterback or is that linebacker(i dont watch football very often if at all) that way we are assure to make it to the head of the line. :P

Angel7422

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So I took matters into my own hands and ran into the line that was for first class ticket holders, then I pushed may way through cutting in front of everyone in line. I got many dirty looks and a few "Hey miss".

Excellent. You're Greek already. ;)

Welcome home.. you made me homesick!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Hey,

Glad you're back! I am really hoping you get an approval soon, I will be looking out for your announcement of your approval, so I can say: See everything you went through really paid off. :thumbs: But then comes the next phase in this long process (no wait, let's not even get into that yet)

Edited by ucla_cutie26

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
So I took matters into my own hands and ran into the line that was for first class ticket holders, then I pushed may way through cutting in front of everyone in line. I got many dirty looks and a few "Hey miss".

LOL! You gotta love NYCers! :D I'm glad you had fun in Greece! Welcome back :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.