ardilla

Case Status: Checking online with USCIS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi VJ-ers,

We filed hubby's AOS packet a bit ago and received the NOAs for AOS, AP, EAD, I-130.

So here are the questions:

1. They all start with "MSC" (is that meaningful?).

2. When we try to check the case status online, we get a message stating that the case number is incorrect/does not exist. We've tried with and without dashes, checking that each digit is correct. Is there something we are missing?

3. Any suggestions on what to do?

Hi VJ-ers,

We filed hubby's AOS packet a bit ago and received the NOAs for AOS, AP, EAD, I-130.

So here are the questions:

1. They all start with "MSC" (is that meaningful?).

2. When we try to check the case status online, we get a message stating that the case number is incorrect/does not exist. We've tried with and without dashes, checking that each digit is correct. Is there something we are missing?

3. Any suggestions on what to do?

I am not sure what MSC mean, but I GUESSED it means "Missouri Service Center."

However, it is just a guess.

About the incorrect case number, I strongly suggest you calling the USCIS customer service number open Mon-Fri

It is 1-800-375-5283

There will be a tons of recorded msg before you can choose your option. I always press "1" as soon as I am connected, then "3" then "6."

That should get you to a rep. within 5-10 mins.

The format of my number is MSC#########

Nine numbers followed by the "MSC."

Good luck!

Oh btw, I just noticed that you're from Peru. If you want to speak to someone in Spanish, press "2" instead of "1."

Edited by kiwicat83

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We kept getting the same message. It took more than a month for our case number to show up online. In fact I think it wasn't until after we did our biometrics that we were finally able to get set up online. Be patient (I know it's not easy) but eventually you will be able to set it up online.

Don't worry.

And yes the MSC means that it has gone to the Missouri service center. They all go there to begin processing.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Thanks everyone for your replies. We will wait (patiently) until our case shows up online and in the meantime try the tel # just in case they have up to date information.

We have 3 MSC case numbers, 2 of our 3 cases still aren't online. We are approaching 90 days tick tock tick tock. Our AOS showed up online the day our RFE was sent out, but the AP/EAD are in no mans land.

You have to be persistent to get information if you call, the first "group" that answers the phone only has the information on the internet, and they will tell you they can't find the cases. They have to transfer you to someone with more access.

I-129F

11-28-05 Petition Sent

11-29 Arrived at Nebraska

12-02 Check Cashed - LIN Receipt # On Check :-)

12-02 NOA1 via internet

12-05 NOA1 snail mail

12-13 NOA2 via internet (day 14)

12-16 Email: Petition Forward to Dept. Of State

12-17 NOA2 snail mail

02-22-06 Interview passed, K1 Visa approved.

02-24 Visa arrived

04-14 Arrive in America.. SHE'S HERE!

07-07 Married :-)

AOS, EAD, AP

07-14-06 Sent all 3

07-16 Delivery Confirmed (NOA's dated 07-16)

07-24 3 NOA's in the mail box. (MSC #s not online for a long time!)

07-29 Biometrics letter

08-08 Biometrics Complete.

08-28 RFE Sent For I-485??? (Sigh, this is what it takes to get your MSC # online?)

08-31 RFE Snail Mail, Missing Tax Info (which was sent the first time!)

08-31 RFE Sent back

09-08 RFE rcvd at MSC email update

09-11 Touched I-485

09-13 Touched I-485

09-21 Rcvd AOS appt letter

10-18 Sent 'Status Inquiry' snail mail about EAD/AP not online and not approved.

10-28 AP/EAD FINALLY show online... 106 days. Not complete!

10-28 AP/EAD/AOS touched.

10-31 AP/EAD/AOS touched

11-03 11-07 11-11 and 11-13 EAD touched.

11-15 Day 123 (Day 68 since the RFE) EAD approved 11-14 email! AP still waiting.

11-16 10 AM Aos approved, 2 weeks to the green card we hope!

11-16 2PM EAD card in the mail.

11-17 Email "Welcome letter"

11-20 Welcome letter in Mail

11-27 Another "Welcome" email dated 11-27, changed from 11-17

11-29-06 GC in Mail, Were done for 1.75 years!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Yeah I guess you just have to wait (yeah... patiently). I'm still learning it too. My AOS interview was cancelled but it only shows they TOUCHED once for my case online... that's the date (i.e. Sept 20) they printed the cancellation letter... then until now... there's nothing else. So we all have to be patient...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

same thing I was told to wait paitently because it takes case number time to get on the site.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.