lax75

Birth Certificate @ Interview - Urgent!!

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have my interview on monday, and I was going through my checklist. Realized that my birth certificate is in my safe at the bank. Do they ask for the original birth certificate at the interview? If so , I will have to get it from my bank on Monday, but they dont open until 9am, BUT my interview appointment time IS 9am.

Urgent responses needed. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

No. They do not ask. If they ask for any document that you do not have with you, you can always send it to them. Relax and enjoy the moment. Study all the civil questions that are on the website.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have my interview on monday, and I was going through my checklist. Realized that my birth certificate is in my safe at the bank. Do they ask for the original birth certificate at the interview? If so , I will have to get it from my bank on Monday, but they dont open until 9am, BUT my interview appointment time IS 9am.

Urgent responses needed. Thanks!

HEY BREATH FIRST. We have been thru the Nigerian experience so I can tell you first hand that they may ask for it. If you sent it with the list of documents for the visa application they should have a copy. Second, when you got your interview appointment confirmation they sent you a list of documents they did not receive and needed you to bring. However since you do not have the long form birth certificate they asked for then take what you have just make sure you have everything else...God Bless You and I can't wait to see that you got approved!

The World is Yours to Experience....Venture out into it and find Love!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

HEY BREATH FIRST. We have been thru the Nigerian experience so I can tell you first hand that they may ask for it. If you sent it with the list of documents for the visa application they should have a copy.

No, this person is asking about the citizenship interview, not visa.

No birthcert needed for the citizenship interview.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If applying for the three year marriage, they sure wanted to see mine or other proof of US citizenship, like a US passport. And I wasn;'t even the applicant, just the spouse of the applicant.

Wife only had to show her green card for her DOB, for some strange reason, they trusted their own AOS for that green card. But her green card was also based on marriage to me, for some reason, they didn't trust that aspect of it. So also had to bring in her marriage certificate, same one for the AOS. Then they questioned if that was valid, also had to bring in all of divorce papers in as well. Go figure.

Plenty of joint living together evidence was needed for her ten year card, didn't trust themselves on all of that either.

OP isn't even giving a hint about his/hers application, is it the 3 or 5 year? For the later, don't need anything except your green card.

If applying for the three year marriage, they sure wanted to see mine or other proof of US citizenship, like a US passport. And I wasn;'t even the applicant, just the spouse of the applicant.

Wife only had to show her green card for her DOB, for some strange reason, they trusted their own AOS for that green card. But her green card was also based on marriage to me, for some reason, they didn't trust that aspect of it. So also had to bring in her marriage certificate, same one for the AOS. Then they questioned if that was valid, also had to bring in all of divorce papers in as well. Go figure.

Plenty of joint living together evidence was needed for her ten year card, didn't trust themselves on all of that either.

OP isn't even giving a hint about his/hers application, is it the 3 or 5 year? For the later, don't need anything except your green card.

Hi Nick.

Thanks for the feedback. Mine is based on 5-year rule.

Thanks for the reply. I talked to other people as well, and they said that they were not asked for the birth certificates. What got me was when one person told me he presented his birth certificate. But he did just tell me that he wasn't asked for it. He just handed the IO a complete package that included his birth certificate.

HEY BREATH FIRST. We have been thru the Nigerian experience so I can tell you first hand that they may ask for it. If you sent it with the list of documents for the visa application they should have a copy. Second, when you got your interview appointment confirmation they sent you a list of documents they did not receive and needed you to bring. However since you do not have the long form birth certificate they asked for then take what you have just make sure you have everything else...God Bless You and I can't wait to see that you got approved!

Thanks, my guy. But I am working on my citizenship, not applying for a visa. I appreciate the encouragement nonetheless, my bros. O se!

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Of course. They want to verify if the spouse who is claimed to be a USC is a USC. One kind of proof is the BC of the US spouse but like you said any other proof of US citizenship (e.g. spouses passport or naturalization certificate) would be fine.

N-400 application timeline

02-22-2012-- (00): documents sent

02-23-2012-- (01): NOA date

02-27-2012-- (05): check cashed

03-02-2012-- (09): bio appointment notice sent, bio date 03-15 (23)

03-05-2012-- (12): bio notice received

03-06-2012-- (13): early bio

03-12-2012-- (19): in line for interview scheduling

03-21-2012-- (28): scheduled for interview

03-28-2012-- (35): interview notice received

05-02-2012-- (70): interview. Rec. for Approval!

05-16-2012-- (84): in line for oath scheduling

06-19-2012-(118): scheduled for oath

06-21-2012-(120): oath letter received

07-06-2012-(135): oath

Passport application timeline

07-10-2012-- (00): application sent (card+book/routine service)

07-17-2012-- (07): application status online

07-26-2012-- (16): application on hold (name too long)

07-28-2012-- (18): RFI Tucson passport center (proposed shortened name) letter received

07-30-2012-- (20): reply sent to Tucson passport center

08-18-2012-- (39): passport book received

08-21-2012-- (42): passport card received

08-21-2012-- (42): CON received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.