Ryan H

NVC Filers - April 2012

5,565 posts in this topic

Am I right in thinking that we won't get any email notification about the AOS packet being approved? Only if there is a checklist issued?

3/9/12 NOA2 email (got hardcopy on 3/16)

3/19 NVC received case

3/30 Case number

4/3 AOS bill invoiced and paid (in process)

4/4 DS-3032 Accepted

4/4 AOS bill reads PAID

4/6 AOS package delivered to NVC

4/10 AOS package approved!

4/25 IV bill Finally! invoiced and paid (in process)

4/27 IV bill PAID

4/30 IV package delivered to NVC

5/2 Case COMPLETE!

5/3 Interview Date assigned for June

Am I right in thinking that we won't get any email notification about the AOS packet being approved? Only if there is a checklist issued?

Correct. NVC doesn't email if packages are accepted, only if there is something missing. The only way you can find out your package is accepted is by calling NVC and asking an operator. Which I highly recommend so you stay on top of your case at all times.

Correct. NVC doesn't email if packages are accepted, only if there is something missing. The only way you can find out your package is accepted is by calling NVC and asking an operator. Which I highly recommend so you stay on top of your case at all times.

Thanks :) I'll call a little later this week since I'm in the group waiting for the new IV invoices to go out...

3/9/12 NOA2 email (got hardcopy on 3/16)

3/19 NVC received case

3/30 Case number

4/3 AOS bill invoiced and paid (in process)

4/4 DS-3032 Accepted

4/4 AOS bill reads PAID

4/6 AOS package delivered to NVC

4/10 AOS package approved!

4/25 IV bill Finally! invoiced and paid (in process)

4/27 IV bill PAID

4/30 IV package delivered to NVC

5/2 Case COMPLETE!

5/3 Interview Date assigned for June

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So tempted to call laughing.gif But I'm thinking impersonating you at NVC might be illegal, and I'd rather not have any troubles with my ROC and citizenship :P

I know you're hurting, but you really have to stay POSITIVE and FEEL GOOD, and good things will come to you. Although your case isn't in a desirable position right now, just remember the other things around you that you are grateful for (Trav, food, bed to sleep in, roof over your head, etc). If you do this, you should be able to laugh at how, in a few years, this current predicament will be nothing but a short paragraph in the book of your lives, that although it might seem ridiculously horrible now, shortly, you won't even remember it and it's not worth stressing over.

I think you're right on the legalities, and it would SUCK to wreck both of our files (which it would inevitably do...heh) :P Truthfully, the status changing to "Paid" helped, but when I say not expecting things anymore - I just mean I'm trying to ignore that stuff for a bit, you know...till Friday when new invoices should come out :) If I let this stuff take over my life, I can obsess like nobody's business - and there's more to life than this stuff. You know, like T-shirts :P

USCIS (192 days, August 24 2011 to March 2 2012. No RFE's).
NVC (30 days, March 12 to April 11. Case expedited due to NVC errors).

Montreal US Consulate, awaiting interview date (14 days, April 12 to April 26).

05/09/2012 - medical in Toronto - passed!
05/22/2012 - interview - passed!
05/25/2012 - visa in hand!!! biggrin.png
06/09/2012 - POE @ YWG (Winnipeg Int'l Airport)

Removal of Conditions submitted March 24, 2014, received March 26, 2014

"RFE" for page 3 of application received, date March 27, 2014. Package re-submitted with all papers re-attached.

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

05/07/2014 - Biometrics in Charlotte, NC

11/05/2014 - APPROVED! Citizenship in 5 months!

11/10/2014 - NOA2 in hand.

11/20/2014 - 10 yr GC in hand! :D

Thanks :) I'll call a little later this week since I'm in the group waiting for the new IV invoices to go out...

Even though you're waiting on the IV stuff, I'd still recommend calling and seeing how your AOS package is going. But, that's just my recommendation...

I think you're right on the legalities, and it would SUCK to wreck both of our files (which it would inevitably do...heh) :P Truthfully, the status changing to "Paid" helped, but when I say not expecting things anymore - I just mean I'm trying to ignore that stuff for a bit, you know...till Friday when new invoices should come out :) If I let this stuff take over my life, I can obsess like nobody's business - and there's more to life than this stuff. You know, like T-shirts :P

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't want to damage your case any more than it already has headbonk.gif

Although it might be a good idea to hold off until later this week when the new fees are changed, I also don't want you not calling NVC to know the status of your AOS, or even your expedite request.

Hehe, t-shirts!! How are they coming by the way? If you don't know already, I am VERY excited about getting mine :D

How long from NOA2 does it take for NVC to have a record of your case in their system?

Lately, it's been taking 3 weeks from NOA2 to getting a case number assigned. So, you'll probably get yours either the end of next week or early the week after.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't want to damage your case any more than it already has headbonk.gif

Although it might be a good idea to hold off until later this week when the new fees are changed, I also don't want you not calling NVC to know the status of your AOS, or even your expedite request.

Hehe, t-shirts!! How are they coming by the way? If you don't know already, I am VERY excited about getting mine :D

I'm ironing the transfers onto the t-shirts tonight, after supper! And no, I couldn't tell you were excited :P I'm pretty stoked to see how they turn out too...once they're done, I'll PM you for your desired mailing address and get them sent out by end of week :yes:

And you may be right, I should calmly just call and ask if the AOS package has been reviewed and if the expedite request has been responded to. If no, I'll just say "thanks, have a good one." Simple, painless... :thumbs:

USCIS (192 days, August 24 2011 to March 2 2012. No RFE's).
NVC (30 days, March 12 to April 11. Case expedited due to NVC errors).

Montreal US Consulate, awaiting interview date (14 days, April 12 to April 26).

05/09/2012 - medical in Toronto - passed!
05/22/2012 - interview - passed!
05/25/2012 - visa in hand!!! biggrin.png
06/09/2012 - POE @ YWG (Winnipeg Int'l Airport)

Removal of Conditions submitted March 24, 2014, received March 26, 2014

"RFE" for page 3 of application received, date March 27, 2014. Package re-submitted with all papers re-attached.

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

05/07/2014 - Biometrics in Charlotte, NC

11/05/2014 - APPROVED! Citizenship in 5 months!

11/10/2014 - NOA2 in hand.

11/20/2014 - 10 yr GC in hand! :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
:crying:

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/07/2011-----I-130 Sent

11/10/2011---- NOA1 email received

11/14/2011---- Touched

1/4/2012 ------ RFE ( Request for Evidence ) email received

1/13/2012------ RFE document mailed to USCIS

1/25/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED ( Yahoooooooo )

NVC Stage

1/31/2012-------Case received at NVC

2/08/2012------- Case number received, IIN, both petitionner and benificiary email given

2/08/2012------- DS 3032 ( choice of agent ) emailed to NVC

2/10/2012------- AOS fee bill paid ( status: in progress)

2/13/2012--------DS 3032 accepted

2/14/2012-------- AOS fee bill shows " PAID" and IV fee bill invoiced

2/16/2012-------- IV fee bill shows " PAID"

2/17/2012-------- IV package sent via USPS

2/24/2012-------- IV package reviewed and accepted

3/27/2012-------- AOS checklist express mailed via USPS

3/28/2012-------- AOS Checklist received by NVC

3/30/2012-------- Case Complete ( Thank you Lord )

Medical / Consulate / POE

5/11/2012-------- Medical Exam

6/12/2012-------- Interview date / APPROVED

6/21/2012 -------- POE Newark, NJ

ARGH! called NVC for interview date, was told it is too soon to tell, Embassy has to schedule one then i would be avle to know, and they dont know when i can call back to find out!!! soo disheartning :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

this is taking so much from me, my sleep.piece of mind, mental balance,physically drainig. the only one and thing that has me going is my husband!!

and you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(L)

I'm ironing the transfers onto the t-shirts tonight, after supper! And no, I couldn't tell you were excited :P I'm pretty stoked to see how they turn out too...once they're done, I'll PM you for your desired mailing address and get them sent out by end of week :yes:

And you may be right, I should calmly just call and ask if the AOS package has been reviewed and if the expedite request has been responded to. If no, I'll just say "thanks, have a good one." Simple, painless... :thumbs:

Yay!! kicking.gif Once you've got them ironed on, I'd really appreciate a picture :D Might hold me over until I receive it in the mail laughing.gif

Yes, just have a quick call to NVC. Ask them if the AOS package has been reviewed and if the expedite request has been approved. Then say thank you and hang up yes.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I do not want my daughter to be born behind me, this is gonan be my first child, i miss my wife smile and eyes :(

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/07/2011-----I-130 Sent

11/10/2011---- NOA1 email received

11/14/2011---- Touched

1/4/2012 ------ RFE ( Request for Evidence ) email received

1/13/2012------ RFE document mailed to USCIS

1/25/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED ( Yahoooooooo )

NVC Stage

1/31/2012-------Case received at NVC

2/08/2012------- Case number received, IIN, both petitionner and benificiary email given

2/08/2012------- DS 3032 ( choice of agent ) emailed to NVC

2/10/2012------- AOS fee bill paid ( status: in progress)

2/13/2012--------DS 3032 accepted

2/14/2012-------- AOS fee bill shows " PAID" and IV fee bill invoiced

2/16/2012-------- IV fee bill shows " PAID"

2/17/2012-------- IV package sent via USPS

2/24/2012-------- IV package reviewed and accepted

3/27/2012-------- AOS checklist express mailed via USPS

3/28/2012-------- AOS Checklist received by NVC

3/30/2012-------- Case Complete ( Thank you Lord )

Medical / Consulate / POE

5/11/2012-------- Medical Exam

6/12/2012-------- Interview date / APPROVED

6/21/2012 -------- POE Newark, NJ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I called NVC and spoke to Olivia. She said there is still no sign of my case at the NVC. Told me to call back by next Tuesday or Wednesday instead of the usual 15 business days. Does that mean there are some delays at the NVC longer than their stated times or was she just telling me to stop harrassing them and leave them alone for a while?

My 2011 Tax transcript arrived so I guess I need to add that to my package and remove the tax return and W2 and all that.

Saylin when do you think I will get an interview date for? I am planning a trip for July 7th till 14th. I would like to be there for the interview also and don't know when the interview would be in relation to those dates. If it is a week on either side that is fine I can make two trips but I would hate to have the interview on July 5th or July 17th for instance. I wanted to buy tickets for my planned trip but if I wait till the interview date it will be too expensive. What do you all say?

USCIS

07/24/2011 Got married in Toronto

09/12/2011 Filed I-130

09/13/2011 NOA1

09/16/2011 Touched

03/23/2012 NOA2 (192 days from NOA1 date)

NVC

05/08/12: NVC Case Number, IIN, BID Received

05/08/12: Filled DS261 Online

05/08/12: Sent Optin Email for Electronic Processing

05/08/12: AOS Fee Paid

Ohh, I have another heart under my avatar now heart.gif x 6

I talk too much it seems laughing.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.