earthboundfaerie

help on filling out forms please!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Hope you could help a frazzled mom of a newborn in need! Been meaning to submit my AOS application for months now but with the pregnancy and having just given birth, life has been crazy and we found it very difficult to find time to get to it. Now I have a little over 2 weeks before my I-94 expires so I'm panicking a little bit and trying to get everything done by tonight so we can send everything in by the end of the week. I have most of the requirements already and only need to finish filling out all my forms (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131 -- have I missed anything?).

I thought it'd be easy but there're a few things on the forms that I'm not too sure about and would really appreciate all the help I can get since I want to make sure I fill out all the forms correctly.

1. I-485 asks for my current USCIS status -- do I put in Visitor if I am on tourist B1/B2 visa?

2. Where exactly can I find my I-94 number? I am assuming it is the 11-digit Admission Number on my Departure Card -- is this correct?

3. Where can I find my Nonimmigrant Visa Number? Is that the Control Number on my US visa?

4. For the I-485, in the Application Type, should I check the first option ("An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available...") even if I am filing my I-130 concurrently?

I would really appreciate any help on this. Or if you guys know of a number I can call for questions on filling out the forms, please do let me know. I just really want to make sure I don't make any mistakes.

Thank you so much in advance!

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Hope you could help a frazzled mom of a newborn in need! Been meaning to submit my AOS application for months now but with the pregnancy and having just given birth, life has been crazy and we found it very difficult to find time to get to it. Now I have a little over 2 weeks before my I-94 expires so I'm panicking a little bit and trying to get everything done by tonight so we can send everything in by the end of the week. I have most of the requirements already and only need to finish filling out all my forms (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131 -- have I missed anything?).

I thought it'd be easy but there're a few things on the forms that I'm not too sure about and would really appreciate all the help I can get since I want to make sure I fill out all the forms correctly.

1. I-485 asks for my current USCIS status -- do I put in Visitor if I am on tourist B1/B2 visa?

That would be correct -- if you're a tourist, B1/B2.

2. Where exactly can I find my I-94 number? I am assuming it is the 11-digit Admission Number on my Departure Card -- is this correct?

That should be found in the upper left hand corner -- it is the 9 digit number followed by two additional numbers.

3. Where can I find my Nonimmigrant Visa Number? Is that the Control Number on my US visa?

That is the number printed on your visa.

4. For the I-485, in the Application Type, should I check the first option ("An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available...") even if I am filing my I-130 concurrently?

The first option does not apply to you -- you have no approved petition at this time. You check "h - other basis for eligibility."

I would really appreciate any help on this. Or if you guys know of a number I can call for questions on filling out the forms, please do let me know. I just really want to make sure I don't make any mistakes.

Thank you so much in advance!

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

The first option does not apply to you -- you have no approved petition at this time. You check "h - other basis for eligibility."

This is incorrect. The correct box is A. Choice A also includes someone who is concurrently filing a petition, and, if approved, will give you an immediately available number.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is incorrect. The correct box is A. Choice A also includes someone who is concurrently filing a petition, and, if approved, will give you an immediately available number.

Is Box A correct for F1 student adjusting to GC? i hope so cause thats what i checked lol

Yes. A is correct for anyone filing the I-130 and I-485 concurrently in the US.

Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident

02/11/2011 Married at Manhattan City Hall

03/03/2011 - Day 0 - AOS -package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

03/04/2011 - Day 1 - AOS -package signed for at USCIS

03/09/2011 - Day 6 - E-mail notification received for all petitions

03/10/2011 - Day 7 - Checks cashed

03/11/2011 - Day 8 - NOA 1 received for all 4 forms

03/21/2011 - Day 18 - Biometrics letter received, biometrics scheduled for 04/14/2011

03/31/2011 - Day 28 - Successful walk-in biometrics done

05/12/2011 - Day 70 - EAD Arrived, issued on 05/02

06/14/2011 - Day 103 - E-mail notice: Interview letter mailed, interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2011 - Day 139 - Interview at Federal Plaza USCIS location

07/22/2011 - Day 141 - E-mail approval notice received (Card production)

07/27/2011 - Day 146 - 2nd Card Production Email received

07/28/2011 - Day 147 - Post-Decision Activity Email from USCIS

08/04/2011 - Day 154 - Husband returns home from abroad; Welcome Letter and GC have arrived in the mail

("Resident since" date on the GC is 07/20/2011

Timeline

Thank you so, so much for your replies! I really appreciate it. Just one little thing -- there're a couple sets of numbers printed on my visa. I am assuming it is the one under where it says Control Number? Is that correct?

Thank you so, so much for your replies! I really appreciate it. Just one little thing -- there're a couple sets of numbers printed on my visa. I am assuming it is the one under where it says Control Number? Is that correct?

The RED number.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.