Sign in to follow this  
Rhogre Forever

Affidavit of Support

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys! Does the consulate in the Philippines require the original copies of completely filled out I-134 and other related/suplementary documents? Or scanned copies will do? The documents sent by my fiance through USPS are still in transit and I'm afraid I won't be able to receive it until my scheduled interview which is on April 10 especially with all the holidays coming up. In case he mails another set of documents, do we still have enough time for me to receive it by April 4? Which courier in the US can you suggest that delivers on time to any province in the Philippines? Your thoughts will be highly appreciated. Thanks! :-)

RhoGre Forever! <3

Hi guys! Does the consulate in the Philippines require the original copies of completely filled out I-134 and other related/suplementary documents? Or scanned copies will do? The documents sent by my fiance through USPS are still in transit and I'm afraid I won't be able to receive it until my scheduled interview which is on April 10 especially with all the holidays coming up. In case he mails another set of documents, do we still have enough time for me to receive it by April 4? Which courier in the US can you suggest that delivers on time to any province in the Philippines? Your thoughts will be highly appreciated. Thanks! :-)

My fiance sent the requirements i need for my interview last MArch 7 thru USPS and unfortunately until now (it's been more than 3 weeks now) i didnt receive it. I called USPS, they said i should have received the package buy now and dont have any update either and they suggest that my fiance should report it to the post office where he sent the mail. Good thing my interview last March 22 has been canceled because of my medical issues, if not i might be denied because of lack of documents. This is a lesson learned. Next time we will just send the package thru FedEx. My fiance paid $20 for the shipping fee in USPS and it's all wasted! :(

I-134 form should be original copy, the rest scanned copies will do..

My fiance sent the requirements i need for my interview last MArch 7 thru USPS and unfortunately until now (it's been more than 3 weeks now) i didnt receive it. I called USPS, they said i should have received the package buy now and dont have any update either and they suggest that my fiance should report it to the post office where he sent the mail. Good thing my interview last March 22 has been canceled because of my medical issues, if not i might be denied because of lack of documents. This is a lesson learned. Next time we will just send the package thru FedEx. My fiance paid $20 for the shipping fee in USPS and it's all wasted! :(

It wouldn't be wasted if your fiancé pay more maybe choosing the express mail (3-5days ONLY) but he chooses to pay less so he get what he paid for. lol USPS is much cheaper compare to fed ed or any shipping company. Plus you could able to track it. I send package to my fiancé in the Philippines too I paid about $50(only) using the express mail.

Edited by takis

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

The USPS is not the problem -- the problem is the Philippine postal service/system. One should never send important documents from the U.S. to the Philippines via the postal system. Whatever the cost of sending documents via DHL, FedEx or UPS -- it is well worth every dollar, piece-of-mind, priceless!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

The USPS is not the problem -- the problem is the Philippine postal service/system. One should never send important documents from the U.S. to the Philippines via the postal system. Whatever the cost of sending documents via DHL, FedEx or UPS -- it is well worth every dollar, piece-of-mind, priceless!

I agree US Postal Service is not the problem. The problem is when it gets to the Philippines it is handed over to the Philippines postal service which we all know how that is. DHL, FEDEX or UPS is the only way to go..

I agree with Leatherneck. It's the PhilPost's fault. We have learned our lesson and never again will I let my fiance send me anything thru USPS/PhilPost.. Well what I usually do is, I keep track of the package using the tracking number, track it using the USPS website, print the tracking info and show it to the post office. That way, they can't lie that they haven't received anything yet. lol Did this many times already and it worked. haha but it's such a hassle to always go to the post office lol

event.png

Hi guys ! Tell me please, should the form I-134 be notarized? And also the letter of intent to marry ?

Thanks !

No and No.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

I sent a copy of my petition via USPS in early feb. it arrived at a sort facility in Manila on feb. 9 and still hasent been delivered. FedX took about 5-7 days.

01/07/2012 Mailed I-129F to Dallas Lock Box

01/10/2012 Accepted, Sent to CSC for Processing

01/12/2012 Touched

01/14/2012 NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved

http://www.facebook....&type=3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.