Cyn&Alex

Affidavit of Support

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to this process and find this website and forum to be extremely helpful and encouraging. It is nice to know WE are not the only one's having our lives being dictated by the government (of course I mean that with utmost respect) ;) We, by ourselves, filed on March 21st 2012 @ the Texas lockbox location for the K-1 Fiance visa petition and recieved email/text message notifs last evening March 27th around 1am ( odd time) my time that we would be redirected to the Vermont Processing Center, (NOA-1 to be sent in 7-10 days). I am now compiling papers and preparing what I shall send my love in Greece for his part. I am wanting to know what I should send and of course, what is required, (BUT never seems to be listed in the lovely instructions for these forms)for the Affidavit of Support form and along with the full Petition packet that was sent in? The USCIS website is helpful to a certain extent. And let me tell you calling them is not the greatest. Dear God, they seem to have a different person for every question. Please, of those who have done this before, HELP ME!!!! Any advice and lists would be greatly appreciated? :)

Thanks so much,

C and A.

Be sure to read the K-1 Guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1guide

...and the Flowchart: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1flow

Also, be sure to update your timeline to reflect that your petition was sent to the Vermont Service Center (VSC). This will help you get an estimate on when the petition will be adjudicated.

Good luck! :)

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to this process and find this website and forum to be extremely helpful and encouraging. It is nice to know WE are not the only one's having our lives being dictated by the government (of course I mean that with utmost respect) ;) We, by ourselves, filed on March 21st 2012 @ the Texas lockbox location for the K-1 Fiance visa petition and recieved email/text message notifs last evening March 27th around 1am ( odd time) my time that we would be redirected to the Vermont Processing Center, (NOA-1 to be sent in 7-10 days). I am now compiling papers and preparing what I shall send my love in Greece for his part. I am wanting to know what I should send and of course, what is required, (BUT never seems to be listed in the lovely instructions for these forms)for the Affidavit of Support form and along with the full Petition packet that was sent in? The USCIS website is helpful to a certain extent. And let me tell you calling them is not the greatest. Dear God, they seem to have a different person for every question. Please, of those who have done this before, HELP ME!!!! Any advice and lists would be greatly appreciated? :)

Thanks so much,

C and A.

As for the affidavit of support, you should wait until you have your NOA2, petition approval notice, before sending your fiance the financial info. They need to be current. You need to fill out form I-134 and provide a letter from employer stating position and salary, tax transcript for the most recent tax year(2011, and you can get them free from the IRS), plus a few of your most recent pay stubs to prove you make 125% or more of the poverty level for your household size : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Tax transcript? Please forgive me, but would that be my W-2's? And thank you for the list and link!!!!. :)

Thanks you much and I will do once I recieve it. :)

Tax transcript? Please forgive me, but would that be my W-2's? And thank you for the list and link!!!!. :)

No, the tax return transcript is something you can order (for free) from the IRS. It provides all the details on what you filed: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Cyn&Alex -

When you order your transcripts, there are two different documents - the TAX RETURN transcript and the TAX ACCOUNT transcript.

I've seen some disagreement over which documents to order, but based on the language used in the I-134 instructions and other member posts, I ordered the TAX RETURN transcripts.

They take around a week to get to you through US Mail.

K-1 Process:
8/26/2011 - I-129f mailed
8/31/2011 - NOA1
2/03/2012 - RFE
2/09/2012 - RFE received through US Mail
2/14/2012 - RFE response mailed
2/16/2012 - RFE response received by CSC
2/17/2012 - Touch
3/08/2012 - NOA2
I-129f was approved in 190 days from NOA1 date.

3/15/2012 - NVC received
3/19/2012 - NVC left

3/21/2012 - Embassy received
3/28/2012 - Packet 3 received by beneficiary

01/28/2013 - Married

03/11/2013 - Sent AOS packet

05/17/2013 - EAP and AP approved in 66 days

10/26/2013 - Green Card Production email notification

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can get tax transcripts free from the IRS. They are easiest because they come directly from the IRS and you do not need to send in a copy of every single form, page, schedule and W-2 or 1099 when using a tax transcript instead of just a copy of your own return.

You can order them online, by mail, by phone, or by stopping by your local IRS office: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html

As was mentioned in this thread, there are 2 different types of transcripts, you want the tax return transcript.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.