Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Cool... Dave and I are doing everything right according to that article :luv: The thing that I agree with the most, is that sharing even the silliest things about your day with your SO is one of the most important things to stay connected as a couple.

I downloaded an e-book called Loving Your Long Distance Relationship..... I loved it and it talks about things like the separation fases we all go through, long distance sex, etc... most of the stuff it talks about I already knew, but it's a good book anyway!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks, Kiki. It's a bit long winded but I thought this was worth reprinting here...hope you don't mind. :)

Distance "Do's"

Your LDR doesn't have to mean long-distance misery. Here's what the experts suggest:

Make a plan. It helps to establish a plan that includes an approximate timeline for how long the separation will last -- and, to the extent possible, a schedule for predictable visits. "If you can mark down on a calendar when the visits will take place, it keeps you reliable to your friends and colleagues and makes life less crazy," says Seetha Narayan, author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Long-Distance Relationships.

Discuss ground rules. If you're not explicitly committed, it might be a good idea to set boundaries about interactions with other people that could pose a threat to the relationship. According to research by Greg Guldner of the Center for the Study of Long Distance Relationships, only 30 percent of couples who discussed such rules broke up, regardless of whether or not they decided to date others -- but 70 percent of couples who didn't discuss the topic split.

Deal with conflict immediately. Particularly for newer couples, dealing with problems as they arise is key, even if it means spoiling the reunion weekend, Narayan Burtner says. And without the luxury of body language, you'll be forced to communicate well, a skill that can only help you down the road.

Share the details of your daily life. Guldner suggests emailing at least twice a day -- once in the morning to share what's on tap for the day ahead, and once in the evening to recount what happened. And be sure to send handwritten letters -- they help to foster intimacy, Narayan Burtner says, since they're concrete reminders of your loved one that can be carried around in a pocket or a purse.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Though dealing with conflict is important, couples should remember that they will be particularly sensitive just before and after a reunion. "If one person is picking a fight or acting cranky or finding fault, and it's inexplicable, just let it go -- it has more to do with the transitions than with anything real that's going on," Narayan Burtner advises.

Learn the art of long-distance sex. If you're uncomfortable with the idea of phone sex, Guldner suggests reading sexual fantasies over the phone (or even just to yourself, at first). If you can't do that without giggling, send an erotic email with the help of HoochyMail.com.

Develop a strong network of friends and family. "Couples who have those kinds of networks tend to endure, and people report more satisfaction with the relationship and in life if they have this support," Narayan Burtner says.

Stay optimistic -- and forget the naysayers. A positive outlook is an LDR's best friend. "Studies show that the only coping style in long-distance relationships that seems to predict mental health as well as a satisfying relationship is when both people realize that it's a very reasonable option -- that it works just fine," Guldner says. "It has its own issues, just like anything else. But don't let people convince you that [LDRs] don't work."

-- Mary E. Morrison

cool Steven thanks :thumbs: I couldn't get to the article....I didn't want to be sent to the Personals....don't want my hubs to think I am bored of him already :lol:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
cool Steven thanks :thumbs: I couldn't get to the article....I didn't want to be sent to the Personals....don't want my hubs to think I am bored of him already :lol:

You're welcome! :thumbs: That would fall under, "Deal with conflict immediately" followed by "The art of phone sex" ...except you 2 don't need a phone. :P

Thanks for sharing... I thought the article was pretty cool... Cheers!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Steve for re-printing......

I wasn't looking at the personals, I SWEAR....LOL, it was on Yahoo's front page last night :P

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg