Axiata

K1 Visa Processing in Singapore

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi!

New to forum and wish we found this site earlier. Maybe then we wouldn't have gotten an RFE for sending in pictures with no information written on the back >.<

In any case, we just received our approval (NOA2) on March 22. We're wondering if anyone has gone through the K1 process in Singapore recently and if they'd be willing to give us an idea of what the US Embassy needs mailed back to them and what is needed for the interview?

We're hoping that most of the waiting is out of the way now :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi!

New to forum and wish we found this site earlier. Maybe then we wouldn't have gotten an RFE for sending in pictures with no information written on the back >.<

In any case, we just received our approval (NOA2) on March 22. We're wondering if anyone has gone through the K1 process in Singapore recently and if they'd be willing to give us an idea of what the US Embassy needs mailed back to them and what is needed for the interview?

Welcome to the forum.

Here is the VJ forum info on the Singapore consulate. Consider contacting them for consulate-specific information.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

If I've lived in Australia for more than 6 months as a student, will I be needing a full fingerprint police check from the Australian Police on top of the one I will need from the Singapore Police? I'm assuming that I do, just wanted to be sure :)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

Hi there. You will receive your packet 3 in less than a month. The packet 3 will have the forms and instructions to follow. You have to send back to the embassy the DS-230 part 1 together with the receipt and the signed instruction form. I sent mine just last wk. So now I'm just waiting for my packet 4 which should have my interview date. Good luck to you!

Timeline

Hi!

Hi Axiata,

finally I saw someone from Sg in this forum.

I need to check with you when did you submit yr K1 application? Mine was submitted late Nov2011 and is still waiting for the Approval. May I know how long it take for yours to be approve?

The waiting time seem so slow.....

I hope to hear from you soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi Axiata

I have the similar situation like you.

I studied in the US for 2 years and worked there for 1 (total 3 year.)

Are you going back to Australia in order to apply for the police certificate?

I assume I have to go back to the US to apply mine too because it said

"Police certificate from your country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16."

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Axiata,

finally I saw someone from Sg in this forum.

I need to check with you when did you submit yr K1 application? Mine was submitted late Nov2011 and is still waiting for the Approval. May I know how long it take for yours to be approve?

The waiting time seem so slow.....

I hope to hear from you soon

The normal procesing time from the CSC on California is 5 months:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

Once they have completed the processing, then the peition is sent to the NVC, it could take a little as 3 to 5 day for the NVC to complete the FBI background check, once completed it is e-filed to the Embassy in Singapore. The hard file (paper file) is sent via DHL, within a couple of weeks, once there, then the real fun begins, namely the P3 packet. So once your SO has the I-797C notification letter and notified you of this, then the foot work begins, hopefully you have planned ahead and have most of the documents already.

So what that mean is it's only a matter of weeks when you will know your approved.

From what I'm seeing the real problem is the Police Certificates from various countries, I would suggest trying to obtain them locally via the respective Country Embassies, unless they require that you physically have to return to the country to obtain the Police Cert's.

Met onilne 17 Jan 2012, via skype & yahoo IM

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

I-130 NOA2 7/11/2014 Approved

I-130 Package Sent to NVC 7/31/2014

I-130 Package Received at NVC 8/4/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

Received Case # and Invoice # 8/15/2014

DS-261 Completed 8/27/2014

AOS Fee Paid and Cleared Bank 8/29/2014

AOS Package sent to NVC 8/30/2014

AOS Package Received at NVC 9/2/2014

IV Fee Email Received 9/27/2014

IV Fee Bill Payment Made 9/27/2014

COC for Malayisa Applied Online 9/27/2014

COC for Singapore Applied for at Local Office 9/29/2014, pick-up date 13 Oct 20

DS-260 Completed 10/2/2014

IV Fee's Mark as Paid by NVC 9/30/2014

IV Packet Sent to NVC on 16 Oct 2014

IV Packet Received at NVC 17 Oct 2014

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Axiata

I have the similar situation like you.

I studied in the US for 2 years and worked there for 1 (total 3 year.)

Are you going back to Australia in order to apply for the police certificate?

I assume I have to go back to the US to apply mine too because it said

"Police certificate from your country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16."

I ended up getting a set of my fingerprints from Cantonment Police Complex while applying for my Certificate of Clearance(COC) for Singapore. Then I sent my prints to the Australian Federal Police with a completed application form for a Police Certificate /w fingerprint check + payment. Takes about 30 days to receive my cert in the mail. COC $45. Hard copy of prints $15. No flight to Australia :)

I'm not sure about the US. You'd think they'd be able to look up their own database, no? >.>

Timeline

On another note, does anyone happen to know how long the wait currently is between replying packet 3 and the interview in Singapore? And how long does it usually take for them to send you your interview date after they've received your reply?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Asia: East & Pacific regional forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

The normal procesing time from the CSC on California is 5 months:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

Once they have completed the processing, then the peition is sent to the NVC, it could take a little as 3 to 5 day for the NVC to complete the FBI background check, once completed it is e-filed to the Embassy in Singapore. The hard file (paper file) is sent via DHL, within a couple of weeks, once there, then the real fun begins, namely the P3 packet. So once your SO has the I-797C notification letter and notified you of this, then the foot work begins, hopefully you have planned ahead and have most of the documents already.

So what that mean is it's only a matter of weeks when you will know your approved.

From what I'm seeing the real problem is the Police Certificates from various countries, I would suggest trying to obtain them locally via the respective Country Embassies, unless they require that you physically have to return to the country to obtain the Police Cert's.

Hi.. I used to studied in Australia for 4yrs too.. Do I need to get the coc from Australia too.?

Would they know if I don't mentioned that I studied there before?

Have u got yr interview date yet?

Timeline

Hi.. I used to studied in Australia for 4yrs too.. Do I need to get the coc from Australia too.?

Would they know if I don't mentioned that I studied there before?

Have u got yr interview date yet?

You will need to get a police certificate with fingerprint check. Well... You're going to have to list your education history in the form you return to the embassy so I think they will know >.> And no, I haven't received my interview date because I haven't returned the checklist. But I plan to return it by midweek so since noone has answered, I guess I'll see how long it takes :)

Hope you get approved soon :) ours would've taken only 5 months if we replied the RFE as soon as we received it.

Timeline

You will need to get a police certificate with fingerprint check. Well... You're going to have to list your education history in the form you return to the embassy so I think they will know >.> And no, I haven't received my interview date because I haven't returned the checklist. But I plan to return it by midweek so since noone has answered, I guess I'll see how long it takes :)

Hope you get approved soon :) ours would've taken only 5 months if we replied the RFE as soon as we received it.

We just got RFE on 2nd May..my bf left some qn blank or NA which was not allow..anyway, he will send it back ASAP n I hope we get the noa2 soon.

Would u be able to advise me how do I get the coc from Australia? Can I get it now before I get the noa2.

Timeline

We just got RFE on 2nd May..my bf left some qn blank or NA which was not allow..anyway, he will send it back ASAP n I hope we get the noa2 soon.

Would u be able to advise me how do I get the coc from Australia? Can I get it now before I get the noa2.

You'll need to print out the national police check form from the AU Feds' website here:

http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx

- Complete the form (including the code in the top right corner... for visas its 35 I think... you can double check on the list included with the form)

- Get a set of your fingerprints taken (I got mine at the Cantonment Police Complex while I was getting my COC done, make sure you bring $15 in cash cause they can't charge your card for this, unlike the COC)

- Get a bank draft for the required fee in AUD (if you're submitting with your own fingerprints, it's 105)

Then put them all together and mail it out. You should receive your Police Check Certificate in 6 weeks, less maybe, depends I guess :D

I waited for my embassy letter because I didn't want to go to the Police Complex so many times (you can't get your Singapore COC done without the letter, but you can get your fingerprints taken for the AFP application). It's up to you, but I'd at least wait for your petition to be approved and handed to the NVC before getting the police check done cause I think the embassy will want a recent check within the last 6 months or something.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.