MyJourney1

Dangers of the Interview

19 posts in this topic

When my fiance gets his Interview, what are the dangers must he avoid? What kinds of questions will they ask him? How can we prepare for the Interview?

Since your fiancé is from Nigeria, you should check out the "Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE" section to get an idea of what it's like and the sort of questions asked: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Nigeria&cty=&dfilter=5

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

The better you know each other, the better. We searched for all the interview questions we could find in various posts about interviews on here and other sites. Each week, we took around 10 or so and each mailed our answers to the questions and then discussed them. To be honest, it was fun and gave us lots to talk about. This prep helped him to answer the questions he did get in his interview without any hesitation whatsoever.

On another note, an international postage stamp from the US is 98 cents. Take the tiny effort to mail things sometimes. Physical evidence is a good thing. Plus it is delightful to get something in the mail. I know very well how easy and modern email/chat is but it is not gonna kill anybody to show some love and spend a buck now and then. (I sleep with his Valentine's card on the table next to my bed every night. Before that, I slept with a different card that he sent. We did this about once a month or so. His cologne is a very nice touch, too. There is nothing romantic to see about a chatlog on display and it is not a very romantic keepsake.)

I provided my fiance with things to make the interview wait time a little less stressful also. In the clear pocket of the notebook, he had some gum (from the US--a subliminal hint that he could only have gotten this from me), some pens, Kleenex tissues, Chapstick, and a tny tube of hand sanitizer. I printed out some trivia about his new country, state, and city to read that might distract him a little. I wish now that I had also written a letter for him to open only during his waiting time in the embassy to tell him how much I love him and believe in him and all that mushy stuff.

Good luck in your immigration adventure. :)

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I provided my fiance with things to make the interview wait time a little less stressful also. In the clear pocket of the notebook, he had some gum (from the US--a subliminal hint that he could only have gotten this from me), some pens, Kleenex tissues, Chapstick, and a tny tube of hand sanitizer. I printed out some trivia about his new country, state, and city to read that might distract him a little. I wish now that I had also written a letter for him to open only during his waiting time in the embassy to tell him how much I love him and believe in him and all that mushy stuff.

Wow, I wish I would have thought to do that......or even read this early enough to do it....lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I hope some other folks can benefit from the suggestion. One thing--don't send any chocolate candy and hope that it will be chocolate-therapy for the stress of the interview. It gets gobbled up immediately. hahahaha

If your beloved is a gum smacker/popper/bubble-blower, you might wanna send some hard candies instead.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I noticed you said your finace is Nigerian but on your timeline it says he will interview in Armenia is this correct? If so how long has he been in Armenia and it is possible he will need a police certificate from Armenia if he has been there more than 6 months and he will also need one from Nigeria depending on when he left Naija....

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Other Timeline

I noticed you said your finace is Nigerian but on your timeline it says he will interview in Armenia is this correct? If so how long has he been in Armenia and it is possible he will need a police certificate from Armenia if he has been there more than 6 months and he will also need one from Nigeria depending on when he left Naija....

No he has never been in Armenia; that's an error...I will fix this right away.

Edited by MyJourney1

Timeline

The better you know each other, the better. We searched for all the interview questions we could find in various posts about interviews on here and other sites. Each week, we took around 10 or so and each mailed our answers to the questions and then discussed them. To be honest, it was fun and gave us lots to talk about. This prep helped him to answer the questions he did get in his interview without any hesitation whatsoever.

On another note, an international postage stamp from the US is 98 cents. Take the tiny effort to mail things sometimes. Physical evidence is a good thing. Plus it is delightful to get something in the mail. I know very well how easy and modern email/chat is but it is not gonna kill anybody to show some love and spend a buck now and then. (I sleep with his Valentine's card on the table next to my bed every night. Before that, I slept with a different card that he sent. We did this about once a month or so. His cologne is a very nice touch, too. There is nothing romantic to see about a chatlog on display and it is not a very romantic keepsake.)

Great suggestions but we are dealing with Nigeria postal service and you are lucky if you get mail from Nigeria or get mail to Nigeria. The best way to get things there and here are post cards. Still serves the same purpose just nothing for them to wonder if there's money inside.

We tried at the beginning of our relationship and none of his mail ever made it to me nor his families mail and my letters 4 of them took 8 months to arrive. So email , IM phone text and calls is the only way for most of us dealing with Nigeria.

But love the care package idea on day of interview. That is awesome thank you.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

When my fiance gets his Interview, what are the dangers must he avoid? What kinds of questions will they ask him? How can we prepare for the Interview?

The evidence is all couple specific to embassy. Since Nigeria is the visa fraud capital we are all under a BIG microscope. They already are looking at our relationships/marriages as shams to get a visa so we have to show evidence to the contrary. Now be sure to address your red flags if you have any. Listed are a few. If you have these just be able to address them honestly and have proof, evidence to quash it. To raise no doubt what so ever.

1. Significant age difference.

2. Relationships which are less than 1 year old.

3. Discrepencies between the information provide in the forms and that obtained during the interview.

4. Failure of the applicant to demonstrate knowledge of basic information about the petitioner.

5. Recent divorce.

6. infrequent visits

7. Not staying long on visits

8. Marrying first visit than living

9. Not wanting kids.

10. religious difference

Just to name a few

Edited by dwheels76

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Timeline

i found this link it has a sample for K1 interview. goodluck :thumbs:

http://www.***removed***/visas/kvisa/sample-interview-questions.html

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

here are some questions select the kind of visa you seek. http://www.visajourney.com/content/exampleq

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

No he has never been in Armenia; that's an error...I will fix this right away.

oh ok great no worries make sure you pay attention to detail and you dot all your (I's) and cross all your (T's) :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.