Elmira

Anybody knows????

13 posts in this topic

Does anybody know If you passed interview and you answered all the questions, and you do not have any traffic tickets, you came here with fiancé visa, you are happily married, you have a child together , your husband is in Armed Forces, you never failed to file taxes, you never were arrested etc… what is your chance to be denied??? I passed interview, and have been told that they cannot make decision now and I need to wait for decision letter in the mail. I am not worried at all. I know that it is only 1 month since my interview. But reading some posts here from people who were dined I am paranoid now: what if I said something wrong during the interview, what if they didn’t like something in my application or me…. I know shouldn’t worry, but who knows???? What is the chance to be denied after interview? And if you are denied will they tell you during the interview, or by mail….. :blush: :blush: :unsure:

Edited by Elmira

Does anybody know If you passed interview and you answered all the questions, and you do not have any traffic tickets, you came here with fiancé visa, you are happily married, you have a child together , your husband is in Armed Forces, you never failed to file taxes, you never were arrested etc… what is your chance to be denied??? I passed interview, and have been told that they cannot make decision now and I need to wait for decision letter in the mail. I am not worried at all. I know that it is only 1 month since my interview. But reading some posts here from people who were dined I am paranoid now: what if I said something wrong during the interview, what if they didn't like something in my application or me…. I know shouldn't worry, but who knows???? What is the chance to be denied after interview? And if you are denied will they tell you during the interview, or by mail….. :blush: :blush: :unsure:

SOP is to say, "We cannot make a decision right now, we will inform you within 30 days of our decision." It usually, 99.9% of the time what they say before you are approved. Maybe a supervisor must sign off on it and that person is not in or only does it Wednesdays at 1030 or some such thing. My gut feeling is that they would tell you if you failed. Another reason for saying you will be informed about their decision is they have to schedule you for your oath ceremony.

I am going to say congratulations on passing your interview.

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does anybody know If you passed interview and you answered all the questions, and you do not have any traffic tickets, you came here with fiancé visa, you are happily married, you have a child together , your husband is in Armed Forces, you never failed to file taxes, you never were arrested etc… what is your chance to be denied??? I passed interview, and have been told that they cannot make decision now and I need to wait for decision letter in the mail. I am not worried at all. I know that it is only 1 month since my interview. But reading some posts here from people who were dined I am paranoid now: what if I said something wrong during the interview, what if they didn't like something in my application or me…. I know shouldn't worry, but who knows???? What is the chance to be denied after interview? And if you are denied will they tell you during the interview, or by mail….. :blush: :blush: :unsure:

Did they request any other document? I had interview a few days ago and she said she could not approve me at that time because of my fingerprints and requested Police Clearance Letter. But like Dave said above, maybe the supervisor wasn't there so they could not approve you at that time.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Its my understanding and some experience, that a competent IO will give you congratulations, but your interview still requires approval by his/hers supervisor. That is done at the same field office you had your interview at. Many on this board had their interview in the morning and oath ceremony in the afternoon. Even at the St. Paul office notorious for extensive delays in the oath ceremony with a new manager stated that eight people at an afternoon oath ceremony had their interview that morning.

They do have some pretty darn good IO's at the St. Paul office if you are lucky enough to get one. And wonder the opinion that the supervisor is checking more to see if the paper work the IO supplied is correct and that IO did everything correctly. Wife was told she should get her oath letter within two weeks, was checked in the congratulations box awaiting final approval. After waiting for almost two months, found out that IO never turned in her application. Could only question why the supervisor didn't ask for it, but contacted my senators office and received that information. Whether her IO didn't turn in her application was done inadvertently or by accident, will never know. Wife was also perfect in every way.

Stepdaughter received a decision cannot be made as her IO wanted proof that a three year old 50 buck traffic violation was paid. But then a week letter received a letter that forget about providing proof on that. But she had to respond to assault and battery charges twice, when she was 14 months and 42 months old. That was too much, contacted my senators office again. Then she received her oath letter five days later.

No telling why you folks have to wait, same day oath is strictly up to the office manager, learned that also. And where does it say you need to provide proof of an old traffic violation?

Hello and how are you doing?

First of all, congrats on getting done with your interview.

I need to ask a quick question in regards to sending your package.

I sent my about a week ago and nothing has been back yet to me via email/txt/mail.

How long did it take for u to receive your NOA?

I saw "snail's mail"(LOL) in ur journey..should I just lay back and hope and pray that I get it in another wee or two?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I sent my about a week ago and nothing has been back yet to me via email/txt/mail.

I saw "snail's mail"(LOL) in ur journey..should I just lay back and hope and pray that I get it in another wee or two?

Usually you'll receive NOA with in 2 weeks. Some times could take longer. Did you send the form for the txt message along the application? If now you have to wait until you receive your NOA and register online to receive text messages.

As you can see it took 7 days :)

Usually you'll receive NOA with in 2 weeks. Some times could take longer. Did you send the form for the txt message along the application? If now you have to wait until you receive your NOA and register online to receive text messages.

ConcordUser,

On the form where I stated my address and all, I did put my email address and phone number.

Is that what you are talking about?

As you can see it took 7 days :)

Oh my!

I already posted on my month page, but I also decided to post it here to give an update!!! I have good news!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I was approved on February 28, 2012!!!! :dance: :dance: My husband is in Air Force, and he is deployed now :crying: :crying: :crying: Therefore only today I found out that there is Military Help line for Military personnel and for military immediate family (spouses and kids). So I called them, and they were super nice to me, and told me that I was approved on February 28!!! and they are scheduling me for the biggest oath ceremony with Mayor and etc. The guy on the phone did not know when is the ceremony, but he told me that it is good that I scheduled the Infopass as I can ask the local office if they knew the date :thumbs: I am so happy!!!! But of course I will be more happy when I receive the oath letter :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I already posted on my month page, but I also decided to post it here to give an update!!! I have good news!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I was approved on February 28, 2012!!!! :dance: :dance: My husband is in Air Force, and he is deployed now :crying: :crying: :crying: Therefore only today I found out that there is Military Help line for Military personnel and for military immediate family (spouses and kids). So I called them, and they were super nice to me, and told me that I was approved on February 28!!! and they are scheduling me for the biggest oath ceremony with Mayor and etc. The guy on the phone did not know when is the ceremony, but he told me that it is good that I scheduled the Infopass as I can ask the local office if they knew the date :thumbs: I am so happy!!!! But of course I will be more happy when I receive the oath letter :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrats! I know it's a great relief once all this process is over. You should celebrate and look forward to your big ceremony!

All the best!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats! I know it's a great relief once all this process is over. You should celebrate and look forward to your big ceremony!

All the best!

Congratulations!!!! This is really good news!!! :dance:

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.