Safety Chick

Israeli police clearence

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

New to this forum so have some questions.

The most important question is about the police clearence:

I've applied for the i-130(received NOA1), and I found out I will have to supply police clearence from Places I lived for more than 6 months.

I used to live in Israel for a few Years(now live in Australia) and I discovered the following:

1. I will have to travel in person to the Israeli embassy to apply for the police clearence(Embassy is in Canberra, I live in Melbourne will have to fly there :crying: )

2. The process of getting the police clearence will take between 8-12 weeks.....

3. They won't hand the police clearence to me in the end of the process but to the authority directly!!!

My question is, is anyone encountered a problem like this? I thought I was supposed to send my police Clearence to NVC with one of the packages.... also should I start applying for it already if I only received NOA1?

Please help...getting frustrated

Thanks

Hello,

New to this forum so have some questions.

The most important question is about the police clearence:

I've applied for the i-130(received NOA1), and I found out I will have to supply police clearence from Places I lived for more than 6 months.

I used to live in Israel for a few Years(now live in Australia) and I discovered the following:

1. I will have to travel in person to the Israeli embassy to apply for the police clearence(Embassy is in Canberra, I live in Melbourne will have to fly there :crying: )

2. The process of getting the police clearence will take between 8-12 weeks.....

3. They won't hand the police clearence to me in the end of the process but to the authority directly!!!

My question is, is anyone encountered a problem like this? I thought I was supposed to send my police Clearence to NVC with one of the packages.... also should I start applying for it already if I only received NOA1?

Please help...getting frustrated

Thanks

Hi,

The NVC know the countries that forward clearance certificates to applicants and the ones that only send to requesting authorities i.e. US Embassy. Don't worry, the certificate will make its way to the US Embassy once you fill in the correct request papers for the Israel clearance - just tell them which U.S Embassy to send it to.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Police records are requested from foreign countries where you resided at least 1 year, not 6 months.

If it takes 2 to 3 months, then now might be a little early to request it (if the US embassy in your country receives it in 3 months, they'll have no idea who you are since your case will still be with USCIS).

Getting police records from third party countries is really the trickiest part in this process :( I've had difficulties with a similar situation, but eventually got the document!

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

Just a question in regards to the police clearence.

I just received NOA2 and since I have to request a police clearence from Israel(can take between 8-12 weeks! I live in Australia) I thought it will be good I start requesting for it....What do you think?

Also, The Israeli embassy says that they won't hand it to me but only to the authority requesting the PCC - did anyone had the same problem????

Many thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi All,

Just a question in regards to the police clearence.

I just received NOA2 and since I have to request a police clearence from Israel(can take between 8-12 weeks! I live in Australia) I thought it will be good I start requesting for it....What do you think?

Also, The Israeli embassy says that they won't hand it to me but only to the authority requesting the PCC - did anyone had the same problem????

Many thanks

You should do it right away. Like you said it could take months for you to have it and they will ask for it. What you can do is search in the internet if there is any company that does errands from people from other countries. I hire a company from Argentina , because I lived there for 3 years, and they help me with everything. You should find out what is the process to deal with it and start doing it right away. Dont forget that the embassy has the obligation to help you with that.

Pamela

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate topic from the Regional forum has been moved and merged with the existing topic in this forum. It is always a better idea to post a topic in only one forum so that all of the information stays together and you are less likely to get conflicting or inaccurate information.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

You should do it right away. Like you said it could take months for you to have it and they will ask for it. What you can do is search in the internet if there is any company that does errands from people from other countries. I hire a company from Argentina , because I lived there for 3 years, and they help me with everything. You should find out what is the process to deal with it and start doing it right away. Dont forget that the embassy has the obligation to help you with that.

In most cases you don't need to hire anyone. Best is to start with the DOS website, reciprocity by country page, which gives details about civil documents for each country and how to obtain them. Unfortunately, the information they give is sometimes wrong (personal experience).

Anyway, OP already knows how to get the record through the Israeli embassy.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.