JerryG1307

How do I apply for visa for new fiance?

11 posts in this topic

I applied and received approval for K-1 visa for my fiance. During the final approval and interview stages, my fiance decided that she no longer wished to come to the US. I tried to convince her to continue on, but now she has broken off all contact with me. She never gave a reason to me for calling things off. I can only guess she did not want to leave her family, friends and country behind.

I was told by the USCIS to write a letter withdrawing my petition for K-1 visa, which I have done. Now I am interested in a different woman and would like to apply for a K-1 visa for her. I was told by USCIS that I cannot apply for another visa for two (2) years unless I have a waiver (from my ex-fiance) stating why she called off our pending marriage. How can I get a letter from her if I can no longer contact her? Is there some way that I can apply for a visa for my new fiance without having to wait for two (2) years?

I do not apply for K-1 visas everyday and I am very sad that things did not work out with my original fiance. Now I am going to be punished and kept from applying for a K-1 visa for my new fiance. Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone been through this same situation?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You can start by reading this: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/han...IMBRA072106.pdf - it's the "International Marriage Broker Regulation Act Implementation Guidance". See "filing limitations".

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline

JerryG,

You got this from the USCIS 1-800 Misinformation Line, didn't you?

Yodrak

I applied and received approval for K-1 visa for my fiance. During the final approval and interview stages, my fiance decided that she no longer wished to come to the US. ..... I was told by USCIS that I cannot apply for another visa for two (2) years unless I have a waiver (from my ex-fiance) stating why she called off our pending marriage. ......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Jerry, you probably missunderstood.You need a waiver but not from your Fiancee.You need to fill awaiver and explain them all that.

K1

AOS & EAD

03/24/2007- AOS package mailed

04/02/2007- NOA1

05/02/2007 AOS transfered to CSC

06/09/2007 Biometrics done

06/11/2007 EAD card production ordered

07/03/2007 AOS card production ordered

07/7/2007 GC in mail -date on card 6/28/2007

I-751

4/21/08 - I-751 package mailed- regular mail

4/28/09 - Check cashed

5/6/09 - NOA 1 received

7/28/09 - called 1- 800 -.... put in service request

7/31/0 - e-mail from CRIS - no biometrics needed

NOW WAITING......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Jerry,

It isn't as difficult as you've been made to believe. You will apply as you did the first time but with a waiver request required for the fact that this is your second petition in two years.

Read the USCIS memo regarding IMBRA and adjudicating these related cases: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/han...IMBRA072106.pdf

You just need to write a request for a waiver stating you have been "unlucky in love" - their words!

Good luck. :)

Why dont you just resend the old I-129F and replace the name of the women? And just tell them this is a revision of the original I-129F and blame them for not sending you an RFE originally for marrying a woman who would soon change her mind?

If this doesnt work, just look for a domesticated woman here in America which is hard, or just domesticate one for yourself and save yourself the K-1 visa trouble.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Why dont you just resend the old I-129F and replace the name of the women? And just tell them this is a revision of the original I-129F and blame them for not sending you an RFE originally for marrying a woman who would soon change her mind?

If this doesnt work, just look for a domesticated woman here in America which is hard, or just domesticate one for yourself and save yourself the K-1 visa trouble.

Not very good advice there. And that last comment was VERY uncalled for. Women, or men for that matter, aren't animals that one domesticates. :blink:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Not very good advice there. And that last comment was VERY uncalled for. Women, or men for that matter, aren't animals that one domesticates. :blink:

LOL ummmmm nevermind!! :lol:

Gonna try again.

USS Liberty - Not Forgotten

:huh: definately not the best advise :bonk: ever posted here on VJ.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

:huh: definately not the best advise :bonk: ever posted here on VJ.

But typical and worth nothing more than 'ignore'.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I never respond to this kind of post... but man... grow up!!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.