clairerubunda

How do you qualify to Expedite Case?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi Guy's.

I have read on here about people not qualifying for an expidtied servise on their Visa.

So I was wondering if anyone knows how you do qualify, and if you do hwo dotyou go about trying to get this done! Do you write, call, anything?

Also, does calling and hassling people the USCIS help or hinder? Any evidence?

Thanks all.

Having a bad day today, can't get the Visa out of my head, cant sleep, just want it over with!

x Claire

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

i would say...don't get your hopes up about that...

From what I've heard/seen it's pretty hard to do...

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I believe that there are things that can be done if the USC is a member of the armed forces with imminent deployment orders, but other than that not much.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Timeline

I guess its something that just doesn't happen.

Oh well, If eel like I will try anything to get this over with! Being apart is hard isnt it!

Any ideas on what else I can try! Parers, Senators nothing seems to work!

Hi Guy's.

I have read on here about people not qualifying for an expidtied servise on their Visa.

So I was wondering if anyone knows how you do qualify, and if you do hwo dotyou go about trying to get this done! Do you write, call, anything?

Also, does calling and hassling people the USCIS help or hinder? Any evidence?

Thanks all.

Having a bad day today, can't get the Visa out of my head, cant sleep, just want it over with!

x Claire

What is your justification for the expedite? There has to be a legitimate medical, health issue that can only be taken care of in the U.S. or if in the military and deploying to a combat zone like Iraq or Afghanistan. If you think you have justification, it is worth a try. good luck Payato

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Timeline

In another thread we told you to contact your senators, have you?

yup, had already done that prior to the advice!

Our response was not that helpfull, it was something like, you should get aproval before the 15th October, but its not guaranteed and it could be sooner or later! Not exactly a concrete answer!

Thanks anyways.....I know I am clutching at strawers, I just pray there is a chance I can finish this in 8 weeks !

What is your justification for the expedite? There has to be a legitimate medical, health issue that can only be taken care of in the U.S. or if in the military and deploying to a combat zone like Iraq or Afghanistan. If you think you have justification, it is worth a try. good luck Payato

No medical, health or military reason, I was just wondering what reasons where, you never know! Am looking at all the options available, but these answers rule that one out!

Timeline

Thanks anyways.....I know I am clutching at strawers, I just pray there is a chance I can finish this in 8 weeks !

Not likely I would say.

Now wheres the possitive thinking! You and my Fiance are alike, He has been pessemistic from the start!

I still have an ounce of hope left, I have to hang in there or I would go crazy!

Come on lets have a bit of possitve mental attitude!

:thumbs:

Filed: Other Timeline

Not likely I would say.

Now wheres the possitive thinking! You and my Fiance are alike, He has been pessemistic from the start!

I still have an ounce of hope left, I have to hang in there or I would go crazy!

Come on lets have a bit of possitve mental attitude!

:thumbs:

Sorry. All I was thinking is that if you have deposits or airline tickets purchased for the wedding, you have a better chance of not losing money if you delay the ceremony now rather than later.

Timeline

Not likely I would say.

Sorry. All I was thinking is that if you have deposits or airline tickets purchased for the wedding, you have a better chance of not losing money if you delay the ceremony now rather than later.

Yeah, I know its the sensible thinking, no need to apolosige! I have no flights booked, just the wedding lol!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What's your justification for expedition?

If it's just that you already have a wedding planned....sorry to burst your bubble, but it ain't gonna happen.

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Filed: Other Timeline

Not likely I would say.

Yeah, I know its the sensible thinking, no need to apolosige! I have no flights booked, just the wedding lol!

Well I've read on here of people who flights booked for family and the wedding party on top of deposits for a hall, caterer, etc. They were more freaked about the airfare than the other stuff usually.

I really think you should be rethinking your plans. Once you are approved, its going to take a miniumum of 10 days for your case to go from NVC to London. You will then probably sit in their system 3-4 weeks before you get Packet 3. I'm not sure these days what the typical timeframe is for interviews after Packet 3 is returned to London.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.