Mike&Rach

Civil Surgeons, I693 and vaccinations needed

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I want to check I have this right so I'd be grateful if someone could let me know if I'm asking for the right thing or if I do actually need more shots.

When I had my medical in London there was no record of my mumps vaccination and my GP said they did not have a record of it. I had everything else required so they completed the DS-3025 as "vaccine history incomplete" and applicant may be eligible for a blanket wavier because vaccinations not medically appropriate". They also gave me a letter and said I either needed to get the MMR x2 or a blood test to show I am immune to mumps.

I did nothing with this till I came over to the USA. I went to my husbands doctor explained the situation and he requested a blood test and I had it for the measles, mumps and rubella, all came back showing I have antibodies and the doctor said I do not require a MMR as I'm immune.

Now comes the fun part **rolls eyes insanely and smacks head against a wall** like most we phone a lot of Civil surgeons most wanted to do the whole medical again and prices were ridiculous from $150 - $500. We thought we found one that was reasonable and knew what we were asking for. I went on Saturday they looked through all my paperwork, my blood work results etc and he said that they would call Monday, said everything was ok with the paperwork etc.

The receptionist has just called me today and said I do need the MMR vaccine as it was over 10 years ago, is this correct?? I thought as long as you had the antibodies you don't need another injection??

She also said I need a test for TB which I said I do not, and I also need blood work (I have no idea what for) I told her i don't need a medical and none of this was mentioned when I came in on Saturday.

K1 Visa

Mar 28th 2011 - I-129F posted.

Mar 31st 11 - Delivered.

Apr 5th 11 - NOA1 (email).

Apr 8th 11 - NOA1 hardcopy received - dated 4/4/11

June 24th 11 - NOA2 hardcopy received - dated 20/6/11

July 19th 11 - Case number given

Aug 5th 11 - Packet 3 letter received

Aug 13th 11 - Police certificate received

Aug 15th 11 - Medical booked for 22 Aug @ 9.50am

Aug 16th 11 - Packet 3 returned & Visa fee paid

Aug 22nd 11 - Medical complete

Oct 7th - Interview - Approved =)

Nov 14th - POE Chicago

Jan 8th 2012 - Wedding ♥

AOS

Mar 24th 2012 - Package posted to Chicago PO Box

Mar 29th 2012 - NOA1 by email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is hard to find a doctor that really knows about the process. What we did is we look for a Doctor that is not in a "clinic" type , try to walk in to a private one with his one office, they are more open to LISTEN to your case. I took a paper with the information from the USCIS website with the link. Print it out ( I am going to copy it here for you ). Show it to the receptionist and explain her that you are under a k1 visa. You are requiered to have the MMR , Td/Tdap and influenza. Take your medical examination with you and told them that you already did a medican examination back home. They charge me $90 for the fee BUT if you do not have all your vaccinations with seals and everything just get it done. I got the 3 of them because it was taking too long for them to find out if my certificates from back home were valid or not so I just ask them to put me the 3 vaccinations and finish the deal.

The Dr need to do this for you:

" Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart, and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693 (in an envelop sealed by the civil surgeon). Please see the instructions for Form I-693 for further information".

FIRST LINK FOR YOU TO PRINT and show it to them

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=fcf75b836ea73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=3d7fa6c515083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Medical Examination

If you received a medical examination prior to admission as a K nonimmigrant, then you are not required to have another medical examination at time of adjustment as long as:

Your Form I-485 is filed within 1 year of your overseas medical examination

The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition

If you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you have complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart, and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693 (in an envelop sealed by the civil surgeon). Please see the instructions for Form I-693 for further information.

SECOND LINK This is a chart that might help you too

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html

Pamela

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It is hard to find a doctor that really knows about the process. What we did is we look for a Doctor that is not in a "clinic" type , try to walk in to a private one with his one office, they are more open to LISTEN to your case. I took a paper with the information from the USCIS website with the link. Print it out ( I am going to copy it here for you ). Show it to the receptionist and explain her that you are under a k1 visa. You are requiered to have the MMR , Td/Tdap and influenza. Take your medical examination with you and told them that you already did a medican examination back home. They charge me $90 for the fee BUT if you do not have all your vaccinations with seals and everything just get it done. I got the 3 of them because it was taking too long for them to find out if my certificates from back home were valid or not so I just ask them to put me the 3 vaccinations and finish the deal.

The Dr need to do this for you:

" Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart, and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693 (in an envelop sealed by the civil surgeon). Please see the instructions for Form I-693 for further information".

FIRST LINK FOR YOU TO PRINT and show it to them

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=fcf75b836ea73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=3d7fa6c515083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Medical Examination

If you received a medical examination prior to admission as a K nonimmigrant, then you are not required to have another medical examination at time of adjustment as long as:

Your Form I-485 is filed within 1 year of your overseas medical examination

The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition

If you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you have complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart, and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693 (in an envelop sealed by the civil surgeon). Please see the instructions for Form I-693 for further information.

SECOND LINK This is a chart that might help you too

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html

Sorry but this info about Part 1, Part 2 etc is OLD. the new form had the CS signature on the first page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.