22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I missed all of this over the weekend!

Yes, we missed our first scheduled interview due to my screw up.

Thanks Lal Brandow for clarifying for dmartmar and for your well-wishes. It is much appreciated.

Dmartmar, I remember reading your story. I'm sure it was a difficult experience. But sometimes life's most difficult challenges teach us something that allows us to ultimately find happiness we would never have found any other way. I feel incredibly grateful for the very difficult previous experiences I have had with men because I would never have found my husband traveling any other path, and he is truly a gem.

Although you are, to me, no more than an ephemeral spirit haunting visajourney with bitterness and suspicion, I hope someday you are able to break through that hardness and get on with your life in a more positive manner.

Best wishes,

(F)

Maya

Well said Maya :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Lal Brandow for clarifying for dmartmar and for your well-wishes. It is much appreciated.

Dmartmar, I remember reading your story. I'm sure it was a difficult experience. But sometimes life's most difficult challenges teach us something that allows us to ultimately find happiness we would never have found any other way. I feel incredibly grateful for the very difficult previous experiences I have had with men because I would never have found my husband traveling any other path, and he is truly a gem.

Although you are, to me, no more than an ephemeral spirit haunting visajourney with bitterness and suspicion, I hope someday you are able to break through that hardness and get on with your life in a more positive manner.

Best wishes,

(F)

Maya

Can you say "BURN" !!

Very well said :)

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Filed: Timeline

Best wishes,

(F)

Maya

Can you say "BURN" !!

Very well said :)

Yes, I worry that he will eventually wear a groove in his brain synapses that will be most difficult to overcome, but he's harmful. It must have been a very painful experience for him. Come on, give the poor chap a break :)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Best wishes,

(F)

Maya

OMMMmmmmmmm.

(L)

Best wishes, don't forget to fix your hair nice that day. You know what a bear it is to be videoed when you're having a bad hair day.

I'm sure all will be swell; your letter could also be a boilerplate & that is just standard language. Hey, Folinskyinla, the atty at the other group, often reminds us that if Dad is holding the baby in the interview, that it is powerful unspoken testimony.

:D

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Baby, little kid, semantics.

Yeah, my bad--sorry 'bout that. Well, I remembered the little whippersnapper anyway. ;)

As for the hair, are you in the Curly Girl club?! :lol:

Relaaaaax. They can smell fear!

xxx

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

So we are now about 4 weeks away from our AOS interviews, which were rescheduled due to my screw-up. In the new appointment letters from the local office, it says that our interviews (K1 & K2) will be videotaped. We have plenty of evidence of the validity of our marriage and I don't think we have anything to worry about, but of course I am still worrying. :( I know the usual advice about being calm and just answering (only) the question truthfully, but if anyone out there in VJ Land has any words of wisdom or experience to impart, I sure would appreciate it!

:blush: with gratitude as always...

Maya

Don't worry. As far as I remember, all letters inviting you for your interview say that the interview will be videotaped. This is standard procedure - at least it was a few years ago and I doubt that this has been changed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.