22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

So we are now about 4 weeks away from our AOS interviews, which were rescheduled due to my screw-up. In the new appointment letters from the local office, it says that our interviews (K1 & K2) will be videotaped. We have plenty of evidence of the validity of our marriage and I don't think we have anything to worry about, but of course I am still worrying. :( I know the usual advice about being calm and just answering (only) the question truthfully, but if anyone out there in VJ Land has any words of wisdom or experience to impart, I sure would appreciate it!

:blush: with gratitude as always...

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
So we are now about 4 weeks away from our AOS interviews, which were rescheduled due to my screw-up. In the new appointment letters from the local office, it says that our interviews (K1 & K2) will be videotaped. We have plenty of evidence of the validity of our marriage and I don't think we have anything to worry about, but of course I am still worrying. :( I know the usual advice about being calm and just answering (only) the question truthfully, but if anyone out there in VJ Land has any words of wisdom or experience to impart, I sure would appreciate it!

:blush: with gratitude as always...

Maya

Hi!

Not sure if this will help. I don't recall if my appointment letter stated that our interview will be videotaped. However, right before she swore us in, the CIS officer switched on the recorder and it was left switched on during the entire interview. I hardly noticed the machine and just answered her questions as she went through our case (was more nervous about her).

Good luck!

No need to worry if every question was answered to honestly and truthfully.

How did you screw up? That's like admitting you..."lied?"

good lord dmartmar, you try to find a fraud angle on ever post!

best wishes for this interview Maya, keep us posted... it certainly hasn't been the easiest of journeys for you :star:

Filed: Timeline

No I do not. But it'd be nice to know why the OP was called in for a second interview, a videotaped one at that.

Or why the OP would write she "screwed up."

Edited by dmartmar

No I do not. But it'd be nice to know why the OP was called in for a second interview, a videotaped one at that.

you could try reading her signature

???

its not my place to explain her situation to you, however her signature clearly says she MISSED her initial interview, THUS its been reschedulued. its not a 2nd interview. She missed it, therefore also *screwed up*. As far as videotaping, we were told as well as others documented here on VJ the interview is taped.

Filed: Timeline
its not my place to explain her situation to you, however her signature clearly says she MISSED her initial interview, THUS its been reschedulued. its not a 2nd interview. She missed it, therefore also *screwed up*. As far as videotaping, we were told as well as others documented here on VJ the interview is taped.

You must be an atty., defining "initial" and "first" differently. ;-)

Anyway, I stand my ground. Videotaped or not, the truth should be the truth either way. No need to worry.

Edited by dmartmar

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*sigh* well, if you must know then maybe you could PM her and find out. i do believe we would all be shocked if you ever post anything positive.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Well, I missed all of this over the weekend!

Yes, we missed our first scheduled interview due to my screw up.

Thanks Lal Brandow for clarifying for dmartmar and for your well-wishes. It is much appreciated.

Dmartmar, I remember reading your story. I'm sure it was a difficult experience. But sometimes life's most difficult challenges teach us something that allows us to ultimately find happiness we would never have found any other way. I feel incredibly grateful for the very difficult previous experiences I have had with men because I would never have found my husband traveling any other path, and he is truly a gem.

Although you are, to me, no more than an ephemeral spirit haunting visajourney with bitterness and suspicion, I hope someday you are able to break through that hardness and get on with your life in a more positive manner.

Best wishes,

(F)

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.