riokatrine

@@@@ FILING FOR DISABILITY FROM PHILIPPINES@@@

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE...

I am US citizen and my mother is Permanent resident i have sister in Philippines was 36 years old unmarried and DISABILITY she cannot talk since born and she need more assistant like bathing and preparing food. but she can walk now my mother wants to petition her to bring in the U.S that way she can experience good life here. I was wondering How....

My Auntie heard from somewhere else that she can get here easily just because of her DISABILITY like a year she can get here i dont know if its true. because I dont believe it. and worth of 600$ wow

My mother was 71 years old and wants to bring my sister here. I was wondering if matter is disability or not

I can file her petition but what I know its takes forever like 21 or 22 years. so my mom wants to get my sister her quickly but for How...

Please anybody experience I would like to appreciate everything thank you.

Edited by riokatrine

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No way to get her here any Sooner because of her DISABILITY.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Her disability won't make things faster- it will still be around 23 years if you file or 11 years if your mom files. In fact the disability will complicate things, as the sponsor will need to prove they can support the disabled sister, who is unlikely to ever work or get her own health insurance.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Her disability won't make things faster- it will still be around 23 years if you file or 11 years if your mom files. In fact the disability will complicate things, as the sponsor will need to prove they can support the disabled sister, who is unlikely to ever work or get her own health insurance.

Thanks for the reply is that enough for avidafit support.

and then my Auntie U.S citizen wants her to provide the affidavit support to my sister once my mom file her. IS THAT OK or I supposed to because I petition my Mother to become LPR.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is ok for your aunt to co-sponsor, or any other US citizen or greencard holder residing in the USA.

What I am saying is the CO at interview may want to see more than the usual 125% of poverty line, because your sister will never be able to support herself, and may need medical treatment- very expensive in the USA. They may want to see proof of health insurance, for example.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE...

I am US citizen and my mother is Permanent resident i have sister in Philippines was 36 years old unmarried and DISABILITY she cannot talk since born and she need more assistant like bathing and preparing food. but she can walk now my mother wants to petition her to bring in the U.S that way she can experience good life here. I was wondering How....

My Auntie heard from somewhere else that she can get here easily just because of her DISABILITY like a year she can get here i dont know if its true. because I dont believe it. and worth of 600$ wow

My mother was 71 years old and wants to bring my sister here. I was wondering if matter is disability or not

I can file her petition but what I know its takes forever like 21 or 22 years. so my mom wants to get my sister her quickly but for How...

Please anybody experience I would like to appreciate everything thank you.

It will be incredibly hard for your sister to immigrate to the US.

Her disability is not going to get her to the US faster. Her disability will make it harder for her to immigrate to the US rather than easier.

Your Auntie is wrong. Disability does not allow for a faster path to immigration. The US is not interested in paying or caring for a disabled Philippine citizen. Why allow this person into the US to care for when the US has so many US citizens it needs to care for?

The Affidavit of Support (I-864) are not needed until your sister interviews at the US Embassy when a visa becomes available to her. If your mom petitions, then it is 11-12 years. If you petition, then it is 22-23 years. If the petitioner dies during the wait time, then you may have to start all over.

The biggest challenge to immigrating to the US is your sister's disability. Because of her condition, she is unlikely to ever work or be able to support herself. She will need either family or the government to pay for her needs. The US government will not pay for her needs - an LPR (green card holder) is not eligible for Social Security or Medicare if she never pays into it and is ineligible for Medicare for 5 years. If she cannot provide proof that she has medical insurance or can support herself, she will likely be considered a potential "public charge" and will not get a visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.