Flames9_RN

Yes baby, NHL is on!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We get most of the Thrashers games on local channels so we don't really need NHL Centre Ice. However, they do sometimes have free previews. At least, Bell did that last year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

All the Caps games are on Comcats, yippe!! At least ovechkin is fun to watch and Ollie, but the rest of the team better wake up. I love hockey, but I do not need to watch it every night,so upgrading my cable pkg isnt really worth it. Not sure why they havent started to broadcast games online.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

you guys that are close to an NHL team, or even a hockey market for that matter are lucky! i'm in the northern part of Louisiana with the closest NHL team being Dallas and the closest any team being the CHL Shreverport Mudbugs. :hehe:

k

Filed: Other Timeline

well why did you move to such an uncivilized state then? :P

;)

Maybe you could teach them how to play hockey? And next season they'll have a team :D

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline
Does anybody know the outcome of the FBI/Canadian Embassy game? That would have been interesting to see :lol:

Of course the Canadians won! :lol:

Actually, I was with a bunch of people from the Embassy (Derek works there now) and was told that they had only just put the team together. I don't think they had even practiced together before the game, yikes. And I have a few friends who work at the FBI who keep telling me how good the FBI team is. Apparently the director even plays from time to time. So I was not expecting much, silly me. The Canadians came out flying, and were leading 5-1 when we left at the end of the second period. The FBI made some sort of comeback during the 3rd period because the final score was 6-4.

Go Islanders! (Yes, I have learned to live with disappointment...)

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am soooo happy ... My wife bought me tickets to go see the Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks on Oct 25 ...

Chicago is about a 2 hour drive from here and I am so looking forward to actually seeing this game ....

WOOT

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Timeline

Flames won 2-1 last night over Edm. They better to start to score more goals soon, otherwise could be a short season, Kipper can only do soo much.

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That beats the heck out of a losss in a shoot out that is for sure :thumbs: I am happy the flames won since they are my second favourite team.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just so you know (maybe it is the same for others) I was flipping through the center ice channels on Dish Network, our satellite provider, and was surprised to see that NHL Center Ice has free viewing right now ... That means I might get to watch the Canucks vs AVs tonight ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Timeline

free until Oct 10 or 11 I believe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.