Flames9_RN

Yes baby, NHL is on!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My beloved Flames lost, oh well, always next yr!! Watched a bit of the Caps game on TV, they looked the normal pathetic selves. Luckily thier tickets are fairly cheap. Ovechkin and the visiting teams are always fun to watch.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
My beloved Flames lost, oh well, always next yr!! Watched a bit of the Caps game on TV, they looked the normal pathetic selves. Luckily thier tickets are fairly cheap. Ovechkin and the visiting teams are always fun to watch.

GO CANUCKS GO !! ... And they kicked the Wings hinny last night :)

Edited by Waiting in Vancouver

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

My Leafs lost their game opener to the hated Sens 4-1 on Wednesday...but we got our revenge last night.... 6-0! :dance:

I know what you mean about the Caps and their pathetic selves... Since I'll be living near DC (Berryville, VA) the one good thing is I'll be able to GET tickets to see the Leafs finally when they play the Caps :whistle::D

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline

if your signed up with connect 2 canada,they have a pkg deal where you can get discounted hockey tickets when any of the Canadian teams or when a team for toronto comes to town!! Think one can get other games discounted as well.

From http://www.connect2canada.com/

The hockey season has begun, and the Washington Capitals are once again offering discount tickets for Connect2Canada members. This year the Caps are featuring "Connect2Canada Nights" at the Verizon Center for six games with the Senators, Leafs and Habs. Also note that the Canadian Embassy will take on the FBI in a benefit hockey game for the FBI Agents Association Scholarship Fund on October 1, following the Caps games with the defending Stanley Cup champs -- the Carolina Hurricanes! Come out, meet Canadians and enjoy some great hockey!

Sincerely,

The Connect2Canada Team

FBI vs. Canadian Embassy Benefit Hockey Game

See two great games this Sunday, October 1 at the Verizon Center. At 1pm, see the Caps battle the defending Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes. Immediately following the Caps game stay and watch the FBI vs the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Canadian Embassy hockey team. Also, get a Caps Ticket Certificate good for any Caps 2006-07 home game! Proceeds from this game will benefit the FBI Agents Association Scholarship Fund. You can order tickets by clicking here.

Deep Discount for Habs, Senators, and Leafs Games at MCI Center

Great news, hockey fans! The Washington Capitals and Connect2Canada have teamed up for a second year to offer Connect2Canada members and their family and friends major discounts for tickets to upcoming Caps games vs Canadian teams.

To order tickets, you must go to the special Washington Capitals-Connect2Canada site, where you can receive a great discount for all Caps home games against teams from Canada. Save $17 on lower level seating and up to $23 on upper level tickets. To obtain a block of seats have one person order all your tickets.

But that's not all. Tickets for the entire season are also available at a special price for C2C members and friends. Contact Tim Bronaugh with the Caps at 202-266-2341 or tbronaugh@washcaps.com to order tickets to see the Caps take on the rest of the NHL. Savings are $10 off for lower level seats and up to $15 off upper level tickets.

Looking for a place to get together before the game? Canadian and American hockey fans gather at the Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant (E&C) before the Habs, Sens, and Leafs games. E&C, a Canadian Company, is located just 5 blocks from the Verizon Center at 1201 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. To make dinner reservations call: 202-347-7707

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

heck yeah it is! :dance:

i'm beside myself...i think there were 8 games on last night - didn't know which to watch! :lol: thank gawd for PIP. i mostly watched the leaves/ottowa (FSN spelling :lol: ) and det/van. got rather homesick seeing the CBC feed though. timmy's commericals got me the worst. :crying:

didn't watch the late games as i thought i'd sleep. not so much tho.

told the hubby he may want to invest in another telly for the bedroom so he can watch something besides hockey with 40 or so games a week for me to choose from. ;)

k

Timeline

I'm to ocheap to pay for NHL cnetre ice. Wish one could watch them via the internet. One can do that with major league ball.

I'm to ocheap to pay for NHL cnetre ice. Wish one could watch them via the internet. One can do that with major league ball.

if i didn't get it (my early christmas/bday present) i'd only get the odd dallas game on FSN and 2 games a week on versus and no world junior tourney! that would be a deal breaker. ;)

k

Timeline

if i didn't get it (my early christmas/bday present) i'd only get the odd dallas game on FSN and 2 games a week on versus and no world junior tourney! that would be a deal breaker. ;)

k

When you subscribe to NHL Centre Ice do you get more than one channel with games ?? or is there just one channel and you have to watch what they are televising ??

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

k

When you subscribe to NHL Centre Ice do you get more than one channel with games ?? or is there just one channel and you have to watch what they are televising ??

you get more than1 channel at a time and a choice of which broadcast you prefer to watch (for instance, the bos/fla game, i could watch it from bos. or fla). right now there are 4 games on 8 different channels. the late games are on different channels too. plus you get the world junior tourney at christmas and playoffs all for $149 and the dish service is $10/ month cheaper than the cable we had too.

i've been humming 'it's hockey night in canada the game has just begun!' for 2 days now :thumbs:

game on!

k

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

OOOOOH baby!!!! Joel and I watched part of the Hurricanes game on Wednesday and watched the Thrashers on Thursday. Man, that was a disappointment...they lost in a shootout to Tampa Bay.

I have MISSED hockey!!!!!!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

My hubby is excited about it starting again also.

He was dissapointed that the Thrashers lost the other night too. Thats his team.

I like the Montreal Canadians...........

GO HABS GO.................... :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing some games in Atlanta this winter.

Edited by pink_roses

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline

*sigh* I miss Hockey Night in Canada :(

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Timeline

yeah, I miss ol' Grapes. And I don't much like hockey :P

Hubby was playing his on-line Warcraft game the other night with on ear and watching/listening to the 'canes game on TV at the same time. This from the man who didn't even know what hockey was, never mind that Carolina had a team, before he met me!

CanSouth in North Carolina is working on group discounts for Canucks in NC to get to Hurricanes games against any of the Canadian teams. They're going to try for bus loads of us. If anybody in NC is interested, check their website.

Does anybody know the outcome of the FBI/Canadian Embassy game? That would have been interesting to see :lol:

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

Karen stated that the good old candians won the game

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
yeah, I miss ol' Grapes. And I don't much like hockey :P

Hubby was playing his on-line Warcraft game the other night with on ear and watching/listening to the 'canes game on TV at the same time. This from the man who didn't even know what hockey was, never mind that Carolina had a team, before he met me!

CanSouth in North Carolina is working on group discounts for Canucks in NC to get to Hurricanes games against any of the Canadian teams. They're going to try for bus loads of us. If anybody in NC is interested, check their website.

Does anybody know the outcome of the FBI/Canadian Embassy game? That would have been interesting to see :lol:

That is great to know Reba since we were hoping to get down to see some games there, hopefully my Leafs as it is too expensive to see them here at home ha ha ha.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.