Foxblood

Money transfer

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Hello all,

I have a question concerning how my Fiance is to transfer her finances to the United States.

What is the best method to do this? She currently banks with bank of China I believe.

Any information or advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you =)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

if its that important u can travel around there r bank of chinas in the u.s I know ive seen some in phoenix looking online it looks like theres some in new york and l.a but phoenix for sure ive seen it they have like a china town there.......im thinking maybe d.c. May have some in chinatown not 100% sure of d.c. U can try calling and see if u can wire my husband and I do a wire transfer tho it does cost to wire tho

Timeline

if its that important u can travel around there r bank of chinas in the u.s I know ive seen some in phoenix looking online it looks like theres some in new york and l.a but phoenix for sure ive seen it they have like a china town there.......im thinking maybe d.c. May have some in chinatown not 100% sure of d.c. U can try calling and see if u can wire my husband and I do a wire transfer tho it does cost to wire tho

Yep - I realize there is a fee to wire money internationally. That is a small price to pay to transfer the money to the USA safely and securely.

Wow - I had no idea bank of China could be located in the USA at certain places. I will have to look at their website and find the locations =) Thanks for the information

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

BOC has two branches in NY and one in LA

Check on the relationship between China Construction and BOA. They used to provide reasonable transfers because BOA had a large stake in China Construction.

Also have her look into an HSBC account.

Make sure she covers all the appropriate authorizations with her bank before she leaves, It's a PITA to do it from the US.

Timeline

BOC has two branches in NY and one in LA

Check on the relationship between China Construction and BOA. They used to provide reasonable transfers because BOA had a large stake in China Construction.

Also have her look into an HSBC account.

Make sure she covers all the appropriate authorizations with her bank before she leaves, It's a PITA to do it from the US.

Thanks for the advice =) I will look into an HSBC account. I assume the charges for an international wire of money are very high? How does exchange rate play into this process? Thanks =)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

BOA charges an incoming fee of $16 and HSBC is $15. Outgoing I think is between $25 and $35.

They both use competitive exchange rates. You get what you get if you are sending less than $1m.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The last time I looked at this, was no concept of 'shared across countries' accounts with Bank of China in USA,

still had to do a TT / wire transfer.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

The last time I looked at this, was no concept of 'shared across countries' accounts with Bank of China in USA,

still had to do a TT / wire transfer.

That is good to know and makes sense =) With something as important as her finances I will have to be extra careful which ever method we choose for transfer =)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I think a wire transfer, i have an account at Bank of China in GZ. I talked to them in Los Angeles and the banking systems are different. You can use your ATM card here in USA no problem and i thought a ATM deposit transfer was less money than other forms, but don't hold me to that.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I would tell her to leave it there since the interest rates are better.

Solid advice LOL ha ha ha ha

I think a wire transfer, i have an account at Bank of China in GZ. I talked to them in Los Angeles and the banking systems are different. You can use your ATM card here in USA no problem and i thought a ATM deposit transfer was less money than other forms, but don't hold me to that.

So what you are saying is that her Bank of China ATM/card/visa will possible work in the USA?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.