Delilah'sMan

Can I bring my police check to the interview?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Instead of sending it in? Can I just include an attachment with packet 3 telling the embassy that I intend on bringing my NPC with me to the interview?

Petition sent: 12/10/2010

Arrived at service center: 12/14/2010

First NOA: 12/16/2010

Touched: 12/31/2010

Second NOA: 05/24/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Instead of sending it in? Can I just include an attachment with packet 3 telling the embassy that I intend on bringing my NPC with me to the interview?

No you most likely can't. Read this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/356276-nsw-police-check-so-difficult/

yes, you can do it.

No you can't. Information for the visa is country specific.

Timeline

So is it that I can't do it, or that it's not probable?

You can try. Of course you can try. I WOULDN'T because I loathe to go against the process 'cause there's no real way to know what will happen... but if you're insistent on trying go ahead and report back to let us know what happens :)

Good luck :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I forget something in my packet three and they just told me to bring it to my interview. I suppose the worst that can happen if you send it without the police clearance is that they'll just tell you they won't give you packet four until they get it. We used a co sponsor for K-1 and i didn't realise that my husband still needed to fill out the I-134 as well (stupid oversight) so when i got my packet four email they just added it onto the list of stuff that i needed to bring to my interview.

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Timeline

I forget something in my packet three and they just told me to bring it to my interview. I suppose the worst that can happen if you send it without the police clearance is that they'll just tell you they won't give you packet four until they get it. We used a co sponsor for K-1 and i didn't realise that my husband still needed to fill out the I-134 as well (stupid oversight) so when i got my packet four email they just added it onto the list of stuff that i needed to bring to my interview.

The issue might relate to what exactly is missing. For example a birth cert isn't something that is a factor in the decision process but a police certificate could be if something comes up on it or something... same with income but because you used a co-sponsor your fiance's info wasn't important to the decision process.

Australia is pretty reasonable though, I wouldn't do it at many other places :P

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

When I was worrying about my police check not coming back to me on time when Iwanna send pkt 3 asap, i emailed Sydney Consulate, then few days later (today) I got a reply!!!!

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Australian police clearances are usually forwarded to our office from the Australian Police Force offices, therefore, you may send in your packet 3 documents and forms without the police certificate. In the event the certificate is mailed directly to you, you only need to bring it to your interview with one photocopy.

So yes you can bring it to the interview!

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

When I was worrying about my police check not coming back to me on time when Iwanna send pkt 3 asap, i emailed Sydney Consulate, then few days later (today) I got a reply!!!!

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Australian police clearances are usually forwarded to our office from the Australian Police Force offices, therefore, you may send in your packet 3 documents and forms without the police certificate. In the event the certificate is mailed directly to you, you only need to bring it to your interview with one photocopy.

So yes you can bring it to the interview!

Thank you for this! That's the only thing holding us up right now so I will go ahead and tell Ben to send the packet now with a letter saying that :) Since his fingerprint appt is this coming Monday!!! :dance:

Brandy + Ben = <3
Dating online since June 2009
Met Feb 23rd 2010
Lived together in US on J1 Visa since Sept 28th 2010
Got engaged on Sept 21st 2011 :)
He went back to Australia at the end of his J1 Visa on Sept 22nd 2011 :(

Sent I129 on 10/26/2011
Received: 10/27/2011
NOA1 dated: 10/31/2011
NOA1 received in mail: 11/4/2011

NOA2!!!!! 01/25/2012 in 86 days! :wow:
Married June 4th 2012 <3

Like "I Support Austramerican Relationships" on Facebook!

Timeline

I would be careful about sending the P3 too soon though. It can often take a month or more to get the police certificate back, if they schedule your interview too soon you may have to change it.

Btw, congrats about getting the appointment :D

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

event.png

I would be careful about sending the P3 too soon though. It can often take a month or more to get the police certificate back, if they schedule your interview too soon you may have to change it.

Btw, congrats about getting the appointment :D

Really?? A month x.x! I thought it was 7-10 days >.<

Omg...I've reached the point where I'm sooooooo sick of waiting lol Dammit immigration, give me my future husband now! XD Ach...well thank you for warning me lol :wacko:

And thanks for the congrats :thumbs: It made me soooo happy!!! I was so tense when they told him July >.<

Edited by Austramerican

Brandy + Ben = <3
Met Feb 23rd 2010

Sent I129 on 10/26/2011

Married June 4th 2012 <3

Timeline

yeah, it does vary from state to state but in general people seem to wait a month or more. I was told mine would take two weeks. It ended up taking a little over a month :/

event.png

Omg...I've reached the point where I'm sooooooo sick of waiting lol Dammit immigration, give me my future husband now! XD Ach...well thank you for warning me lol :wacko:

And thanks for the congrats :thumbs: It made me soooo happy!!! I was so tense when they told him July >.<

I got my police certificate in the mail 6 working days after I had the fingerprints appointment. Victoria can be fast. You can also call them and find out how it is going.

Edited by Lainie B

Timeline

I was told 7-10 days and mine took a month as well. I did mine in Vic.

I got my police certificate in the mail 6 working days after I had the fingerprints appointment. Victoria can be fast. You can also call them and find out how it is going.

"Can be" being the operative words. I was shocked mine took so freaking long. Delayed my process and ticked me off! :P

Well, we'll give it a week and then maybe if he calls every other day it will work in our favor again lol :devil:

jk...but I would like it very much if he could be here by the end of April :whistle:

Brandy + Ben = <3
Met Feb 23rd 2010

Sent I129 on 10/26/2011

Married June 4th 2012 <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.