walt23

Hi- New Here

22 posts in this topic

Hello~

I've been lurking around this part of the side for about a week now. I'm in the beginning stages of applying to bring my fiance here from Iran.

I'm still at the beginning but I'm already stressing over the whole AP thing. So- anyone else with a SO from Iran?

Thanks

~ZiZi :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

There are a couple of members here that filed from Iran, but I can't remember who. I know one has already been approved and reunited.

Welcome!!! (F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welcome! Have you already filed the I-129F?

If not we might all have suggestions to make life easier.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Why, thank you for the welcomes :D

And thank you for the guidance to the member who's from Iran (too bad she doesn't come online anymore :blush:)

actually, i haven't filed yet, all my papers are ready to go, i just can't get myself to mail it

I keep thinking that I've done something wrong or something is missing

Any help would be MUCH appreciated

Edited by zz12

(F) Welcome to VJ! Don't start stressing over AP just yet. There are plenty of things to stress you before you get there :P .

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

Welcome to VJ. :star: There is deffinately a wealth of knowledge here and a great support system to get you through the wait.

I know what you're feeling with the paper work... I think I went through my packet over 100 times before I got the nerve to just seal the envelope and send it in :lol: I thought for sure I had missed something but it got approved rather quickly so I would advise you to just double, maybe triple, check everything and send it in.

There are some new things with IMBRA that I'm not familiar with so if it's something to do with that that's causing your stall then I suggest you ask someone else to check with you.

Good luck on your journey and God be with you (F)

Timeline
Why, thank you for the welcomes :D

And thank you for the guidance to the member who's from Iran (too bad she doesn't come online anymore :blush:)

actually, i haven't filed yet, all my papers are ready to go, i just can't get myself to mail it

I keep thinking that I've done something wrong or something is missing

Any help would be MUCH appreciated

If I had to file again I would include a letter. In this letter I would express my love for my husband, and how I know he loves me. I would also include letters of support from both my family (notorized), and his family (translated and notorized/stamped). In this letter I would address any red flags that the consulate might find in our relationship to assure that the USCIS is aware of everything. Once they approve the knowledge of all of the flags it makes it difficult for the consulate to return it for validity of the relationship.

Do you know if you have any red flags?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello~

I've been lurking around this part of the side for about a week now. I'm in the beginning stages of applying to bring my fiance here from Iran.

I'm still at the beginning but I'm already stressing over the whole AP thing. So- anyone else with a SO from Iran?

Thanks

~ZiZi :star:

Welcome to VJ! We are glad you are here. Relax...you are in for a rough ride, but we are all here to support you and help (if we can). Especially these folks on the MENA side of the board. They are a wonderful group with a large following of non-MENA lurkers (like me!). Anyways...I look forward to hearing more from you.

Joel

Awww I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome :D

I'm so happy I found a place where a lot of people are going through the same thing I am going through

Well, Morroco4ever, I guess I DO have quite a few red flags. At least, I think it will cause problems for me down the line. The first problem I have is that I'm a college student and my dad is supporting me. He's offered to cosponsor for me and he's going to support my fiance and I until we can get him permission to work when he comes here. So... I'm definitely stressing about how that will look on paper.

Also, I'm not sure if this will cause us a problem or not but my fiance is also my cousin. I know I know, totally NOT the thing to do in the US, definitely WASN'T expecting it, fought it to the end, but what can I say... it's love :blush:.

Oh and the little fact that my guy is Iranian :lol: . I do believe THAT will be the biggest red flag of all :D.

Thank you once again everyone for making me feel soooo welcome and I'm sure I will be turning to you all for answers to totally ridiculous questions.

Welcome to VJ. :star: There is deffinately a wealth of knowledge here and a great support system to get you through the wait.

I know what you're feeling with the paper work... I think I went through my packet over 100 times before I got the nerve to just seal the envelope and send it in :lol: I thought for sure I had missed something but it got approved rather quickly so I would advise you to just double, maybe triple, check everything and send it in.

There are some new things with IMBRA that I'm not familiar with so if it's something to do with that that's causing your stall then I suggest you ask someone else to check with you.

Oh my God, my packet has been ready for almost a month now and I just can't make myself send it. I keep making new copies of the SAME evidence of meeting and putting things in different order. I think I'm going to drive myself crazy before I actually get it sent off :crying: .

Edited by zz12

Timeline
Awww I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome :D

I'm so happy I found a place where a lot of people are going through the same thing I am going through

Well, Morroco4ever, I guess I DO have quite a few red flags. At least, I think it will cause problems for me down the line. The first problem I have is that I'm a college student and my dad is supporting me. He's offered to cosponsor for me and he's going to support my fiance and I until we can get him permission to work when he comes here. So... I'm definitely stressing about how that will look on paper.

Also, I'm not sure if this will cause us a problem or not but my fiance is also my cousin. I know I know, totally NOT the thing to do in the US, definitely WASN'T expecting it, fought it to the end, but what can I say... it's love :blush:.

Oh and the little fact that my guy is Iranian :lol: . I do believe THAT will be the biggest red flag of all :D.

Thank you once again everyone for making me feel soooo welcome and I'm sure I will be turning to you all for answers to totally ridiculous questions.

Oh my God, my packet has been ready for almost a month now and I just can't make myself send it. I keep new copies of the SAME evidence of meeting and putting things in different order. I think I'm going to drive myself crazy before I actually get it sent off :crying: .

I tend to believe that your biggest red flag is that he is your cousin. Is he your first cousin? Are you of Arab descent? I am first thinking of the legality here, and second if it appear that you are marrying for immigration purposes.

I doubt that you need a co sponsor is too much of a big deal really. Have you or your father ever petitioned a foreigner before?

Have you met face to face? How many times? Do you have support for this marriage from both sides of the family? Uhhhh....one and the same? :lol:

Do a search here in visa journey on red flags. It will give you a list. You need to think like a consular officer. They aren't looking to prove your case is valid, but rather that your case is invalid.

Good luck.

Well, I live in Maryland and I'm 100% sure that our marriage would be legal in this state. I'm not of Arabic descent but I'm Iranian. Actually, I was born and raised in the US but parents are both 100000000000000% Iranian.

Since 2003 when I first met him (like I said, I was born and raised in the US), I've traveled to Iran to see him 7 or 8 times. All of these are WELL DOCUMENTED. I'm a huge pack rat so I have EVERYTHING, all the boarding passes, all our yahoo conversations, etc....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.