walt23

Hi- New Here

22 posts in this topic

Welcome to ME/NA. When I filed, I used a lawyer for the simple reason that I worry too much over if I have all the right documentation or not. (So I can't really help you there) I will help you the best I can ...The one thing to remember always is.....BE PATIENT! It's a long road and without patience, you'll go crazy..... Good luck on your journey and again, WELCOME!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello and welcome. You'll never get anywhere until you get those papers in the mail. :D I did forget to make copies so you're way ahead of me there. Just be sure that a marriage is legal in your state between cousins, especially if first cousins. Good Luck on your journey.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Timeline
Well, I live in Maryland and I'm 100% sure that our marriage would be legal in this state. I'm not of Arabic descent but I'm Iranian. Actually, I was born and raised in the US but parents are both 100000000000000% Iranian.

Since 2003 when I first met him (like I said, I was born and raised in the US), I've traveled to Iran to see him 7 or 8 times. All of these are WELL DOCUMENTED. I'm a huge pack rat so I have EVERYTHING, all the boarding passes, all our yahoo conversations, etc....

Uh duh....of course you aren't Arabic! Someone slap me silly! Why is it some of us assume that if you are of middle eastern descent then you are Arabic? :lol:

It sounds like you are very prepared, and that is a great thing. Of course I still believe they will scrutinize the fact that you are related, so I would still address that in your letter. I am assuming that marrying your cousin is acceptable in your culture, so I would use that fact. Even if it is legal in the state you live in, it is still frowned on here in the US, so make sure to use the culture you grew up in to prove your case. I stress this because I know first hand how they think about family of prospective immigrants that live here in the US try to bring over relatives on fraud marriage. You need to be prepared for this.

They also scrutinize when you need a co-sponsor, but the fact is that you are still young and a student, so I think that won't be too big of a red flag.

The reason I am telling you to address all of this in your initial petition to the USCIS is because our petition was approved with no problems, but when it got to the consulate they doubted our relationship was valid. They sent it back to the service center and requested that they revoke the petition based on the fact that they believe our marriage was for avoiding the immigration rules. We were finally able to prove our case to the USCIS, and they have now reaffirmed our case, and it is going back to the consulate. This has taken such a long time, and if I would have known then what I know now I would have addressed all of these flags first, giving them no power to send it back.

I hope this helps give you some ideas. Its good you found this forum, there are a lot of people here that are not only experienced, but very helpful. I wish I had found this forum before I had filed.

Best of luck to you!

Edited by Morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

oh no, i'm so sorry to hear about what you've gone through to get your visa. it's unbelievable that they make it so hard to get married :P.

Um.. regarding addressing our relationship in our petition... Should I write a separate letter? I mentioned that we are cousins on the actual petition and that we met through our familial ties (obviously :P) in our "How we Met" supplement. Do you think I should go ahead and write a separate letter explaining our specific relationship and that it is a semi-common practice in Iran (well, at least some parts of it)?

Thanks for your help :D.

Timeline
oh no, i'm so sorry to hear about what you've gone through to get your visa. it's unbelievable that they make it so hard to get married :P.

Um.. regarding addressing our relationship in our petition... Should I write a separate letter? I mentioned that we are cousins on the actual petition and that we met through our familial ties (obviously :P) in our "How we Met" supplement. Do you think I should go ahead and write a separate letter explaining our specific relationship and that it is a semi-common practice in Iran (well, at least some parts of it)?

Thanks for your help :D.

Most definately! I would write a letter declaring your love for each other, I would mention in passing that the practice of marrying cousins is okay, but stress more your relationship, your courtship, how you fell in love, how you know he loves you....make sense?

Thanks for your support in our situation. Morocco is notorious for sending back petitions. We have now been married almost 2 years, and I think our fight is coming to an end soon. We are waiting now for his second interview. Our hopes is that they will give up the fight and realize that our marriage is real, otherwise we would have never made it through all of this mess.

Did you search in visa journey of the other red flags? There is a big list, and it would be wise to review it before you start your letter.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.