TheTruthLearner

Advice on Ukraine Tourist Visa

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Please do not misunderstand-I received a Scan of her Passport and not the actual passport itself

I apologize if I was not clear on the matter

Actually I am not planning on stealing anything :blink: -I am trying to be careful because she was the one who sent me a scan of her internal passport which is used as a form of identification which will be replaced with a national identification card this year in 2012

One has to be extremely careful when it comes to this since some can used Photoshop images that they attach to a passport image to make it look like it is in fact the real deal.

I am grateful for all your help and yes I do know that No K1 Visa is needed for application for citizenship in the Caribbean which gives up one up on America :thumbs: . Only a visa which would in fact be a tourist visa is needed and hence is the reason why I am asking so that I may gain more knowledge on all this for my own benefit.

Edited by TheTruthLearner

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She needs an international passport, which she should pay for herself.

Of course I agree with that statement 100%

I am glad I am here so that I can learn about all of this because it is time that the people of the Caribbean have equal opportunity in going especially to the Ukraine unlike the case with other countries that have no visa restrictions like the USA.

Things however I believe will change :thumbs: as it did with Russian visa restrictions for Trinidad and Tobago

post-127945-0-41233700-1331353701_thumb.gif

P.S. I am glad to be known as "this guy" an unusual categorization no doubt but let's hope it serves its purpose in being able to gain me more education on the matter in question which is the reason why I am here

Besides a Trinidadian passport and a Ukrainian internal passport are two very different passports altogether

Obviously logic and sense should tell one such

post-127945-0-20675200-1331357370_thumb.png

post-127945-0-07737000-1331357590_thumb.png

For one thing the cover of the Trinidadian passport is in English while the cover of the Ukrainian passport is obviously in Ukrainian.

Simple logic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Besides a Trinidadian passport and a Ukrainian internal passport are two very different passports altogether

Obviously logic and sense should tell one such

post-127945-0-20675200-1331357370_thumb.png

post-127945-0-07737000-1331357590_thumb.png

For one thing the cover of the Trinidadian passport is in English while the cover of the Ukrainian passport is obviously in Ukrainian.

Simple logic

Umm... duh? But still ####### is the point of showing someone a scan of her passport? To prove that she is a person and not some dude being paid kopeiki to impersonate a hot Ukrainian lady?

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So let me see if I have this correct.

You met a hot girl from Ukraine.

You cannot travel to see her because the Ukraine embassy in your country is closed.

She is willing to travel to you but she needs an international passport and visa that you must pay for.

She sent you a scan of her internal passport to prove she is real

Have you thought about trying a Ukraine embassy in another nearby country to get your visa?

If there is an operating Russian embassy in Trinidad perhaps you can widen your search.

If you have to pay for the visa and passport, you will be paying for a LOT more.

Scan of an internal passport doesn't prove much.

Perhaps you both could meet in Turkey. No visa for you and visa upon arrival for her.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just remember to take a lot of flowers with you when you meet her at the airport! Good Luck!

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Just remember to take a lot of flowers with you when you meet her at the airport! Good Luck!

To Barry:

Personally I am not into luck nor live by it and prefer rather to live by determined pursuit but I will take it for what it might be worth :whistle:

I know about the flowers :no: -They grow everywhere last I checked :yes: and dare I say it even in the Caribbean :wow: since the Caribbean isn't located in Alaska B-) . Plus I know about Ukrainian culture to a certain extent too as well. I would not want to go there and not of course learn about where I am going and hence is the reason for asking questions.

Question: Out of curiosity why exactly do you want me to succeed if I may ask being that for lack of a better term I am a "Caribbean" man (and I use the word "Caribbean" in an indigenous way)?

All who have helped me thus far-A big thank you to you all. As for the passport difference it was a moment for sarcasm. Western people such as ourselves can have a sense of humor every now once in a while.

I do not know why she sent me it but she said she wanted to and I accepted the scan of her internal passport. All that matters is point verification of the genuineness of the item in question :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Please do not misunderstand-I received a Scan of her Passport and not the actual passport itself

correction - you received a scanned copy of someone's passport. unless you have seen that individual in person or on webcam, you don't know who is really sending you anything. proceed with caution. google can be your friend to see if this is a known scam.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Thank you Charles for that most wonderful piece of advice :thumbs: (High fives all around) and I will proceed with caution. The Ukrainian internal passport currently as it stands amounts to an identification card.

Wikipedia says this:

Ukrainian passport

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Ukrainian passport is a document issued to the nationals of Ukraine as the main proof of Ukrainian citizenship. There are two types of passport issued by the Ukrainian government that are commonly known as internal passport and international passport.

An internal passport is used as a primary identification document of Ukrainian citizens within Ukraine.

An international passport is used for international travel.

So technically it would not be wrong to send one their ID card and besides we do not use passports like how they would do in the Ukraine as an ID card although it can in fact be used for identification purposes. However soon by the end of 2012 the Ukrainian citizen will replace this internal passport with an actual identification card.

Here is more from Wikipedia on the subject

Internal passport

Internal passport is issued as an identification document within the country. Citizens are required to obtain the passport at the age of 16 and be in possession of it all of their life. The information in the passport includes the full name of the person (family name, patronymic name, given name), date and place of birth, photograph and signature of the holder, name of spouse if married, names of dependent children (younger than 16 year old), military eligibility, and the address of registration. The passport has no present expiration date. Changes in marital status, military registration, and place of residence are subsequently recorded in the passport. Additional photographs need to be added at the age of 25 and 45. New passport can be obtained if there is a change in holder's name, most commonly due to marriage. New passports are also issued due to significant wear or tear, or when lost or stolen.

The information in the passport is recorded in Ukrainian language, except for the full name, date and place of birth, and issuing authority, which are given both in Ukrainian and Russian.

The domestic passport is of no use outside of Ukraine, except for travel to Russia and Belarus. For international travel Ukrainians can obtain so-called "abroad" passport.

Ukraine had a plan to replace domestic passports with ID cards beginning in 2008,[1] but postponed it to the future.[2].

September 23, 2011 The Ukrainian Parliament (Verkhovna Rada) take a decision to replace domestic passports with ID cards (uk: Паспортна картка). According to above mentioned decision the Passport cards (id-cards) will be issuing since January 1, 2012.

Here is a Specimen of what our identification card looks like and it isn't any passport and therefore one cannot steal a Ukrainian internal passport and make it work for one as their regular National Identification Card. That is simply impossible.

post-127945-0-09485200-1331447475_thumb.jpg

Hey Charles if the Ukrainian girl isn't all that then may be I'll try Brazil-LOL (just kidding) because we have no visa restrictions when it comes to going there. All one needs is to hop on a plane with a ticket and their passport and you're off to dance with the samba music in Brazil and with the girls there as well of course. :dance:

And also no K1 visa issues like America :thumbs:

I do agree that I will of course be cautious :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Here is a Specimen of what our identification card looks like and it isn't any passport and therefore one cannot steal a Ukrainian internal passport and make it work for one as their regular National Identification Card. That is simply impossible.

post-127945-0-09485200-1331447475_thumb.jpg

Hey Charles if the Ukrainian girl isn't all that then may be I'll try Brazil-LOL (just kidding) because we have no visa restrictions when it comes to going there. All one needs is to hop on a plane with a ticket and their passport and you're off to dance with the samba music in Brazil and with the girls there as well of course. :dance:

And also no K1 visa issues like America :thumbs:

I do agree that I will of course be cautious :thumbs:

you are hurting my brain. Everybody here KNOWS what an internal passport is and what it is used for.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

you are hurting my brain. Everybody here KNOWS what an internal passport is and what it is used for.

:rofl:

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.