TheTruthLearner

Advice on Ukraine Tourist Visa

72 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So let me see if I have this correct.

You met a hot girl from Ukraine.

You cannot travel to see her because the Ukraine embassy in your country is closed.

She is willing to travel to you but she needs an international passport and visa that you must pay for.

She sent you a scan of her internal passport to prove she is real

Have you thought about trying a Ukraine embassy in another nearby country to get your visa?

If there is an operating Russian embassy in Trinidad perhaps you can widen your search.

If you have to pay for the visa and passport, you will be paying for a LOT more.

Scan of an internal passport doesn't prove much.

Perhaps you both could meet in Turkey. No visa for you and visa upon arrival for her.

Yes, I know for example in Iran, Americans can go to the Canadian embassy.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Update

My friend who operates a site that fights against Scams was able to do a point verification check of the internal passport :thumbs: and here is what he found

On Monday, March 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM,XXXX wrote:

Hi XXXX,

As soon as I saw this I can tell you I am almost completely sure this is a fake but I should be able to confirm that later today. For now I can say there are a few things not right. First your not allowed to smile in a photo for these or any other passport. They would not allow you to give a photo with you wearing makeup. The official embossed stamp in the top left should be "over" the photo which it clearly is not and her age is wrong. These passports are issued at age of 16 so the photo would have been of her then, not now.

I am hoping to hear back later just to confirm my suspicions but this is just all wrong to me. Oh and yes she should have sent you a copy of her International Passport because the internal one is only an id and no use at all for travel outside Ukraine so she could not get a visa with it or use it to come to you. Ask for a copy of her International Passport and see how that plays out. Bet she will be offended by that and say you don't trust her. Any "reasonable" person would be fine with that request because you have never met...

Realistically that's a crazy thing to do so the least she can do, for your own peace of mind is help you out with a little more robust identification right?

Best regards

Here is more that my friend was able to share with me

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 8:12 AM, XXXX wrote:

Hi XXXX,

Yes this is definitely a fake. We compared it with the real internal passport and it is missing the embossed stamp that goes over the photo. This is not a surface type stamp but is impressed into the photo and the card. Any decent scammer would have taken the trouble to photoshop that in but obviously this one is either too stupid or just can't be bothered and thought you wouldn't know what to look for.

Also on closer inspection it's easy to see how the photo has been pasted over the original in photoshop.

Coincidently my sister-in-law is just having her internal passport renewed and she confirms you are not allowed to wear makeup or smile in the photo, you should also be looking directly at the camera not with you head tilted down...at least you have an idea what to look out for in the future.

Best regards,

Basically the Internal Passport is a Fake :angry:I believe this information can protect others later on :thumbs:

Edited by TheTruthLearner

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There is more that I will be asking about the Tourist Visa issue but the internal passport issue has been rectified :thumbs: Oh Yeah :dance::D

Now I will confronting this person :yes:

Good Lord. You aren't even communicating with this "girl." You are probably talking to "Hairy Boris." They do this for a living. By you confronting him with his errors it will only make him smarter...more able to successfully scam the other dozens "she" is "writing" to.

Edited by Tanya and Barry

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Charles if the Ukrainian girl isn't all that then may be I'll try Brazil-LOL (just kidding) because we have no visa restrictions when it comes to going there. All one needs is to hop on a plane with a ticket and their passport and you're off to dance with the samba music in Brazil and with the girls there as well of course. :dance:

you'll be most disappointed as brazil requires usc's to have a visa....

also concur with tanya and barry's advice - you'll just be making boris smarter.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I'd flip it around on "her." Tell her in order to process the visa you'll need "her" help to the tune of about $100. Tell her it's a processing fee or something and you'd love to pay it but it has to be paid in hvrna and in cash. She has to mail it to you before you can proceed. You really want to go on... but this new rule has to be followed.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Good Lord. You aren't even communicating with this "girl." You are probably talking to "Hairy Boris." They do this for a living. By you confronting him with his errors it will only make him smarter...more able to successfully scam the other dozens "she" is "writing" to.

:rofl:

I have two quick questions on this topic. I am certain that for traveling purposes a Ukrainian citizen will need to have a tourist visa. I am also certain that an individual will need to have a bank account. My two questions are these:

1. What are some good banks in the Ukraine that one can go to so as to open a bank account? Does anyone know their names?

2. How much is the actual amount that one needs to open a bank account in the Ukraine?

Thanks for all the previous posts. :thumbs::innocent:

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I have two quick questions on this topic. I am certain that for traveling purposes a Ukrainian citizen will need to have a tourist visa. I am also certain that an individual will need to have a bank account. My two questions are these:

1. What are some good banks in the Ukraine that one can go to so as to open a bank account? Does anyone know their names?

2. How much is the actual amount that one needs to open a bank account in the Ukraine?

Why is it up to you to figure this out? Wouldn't a Ukrainian citizen be better suited to figure this stuff out for themselves, rather than you doing it for them from the Caribbean with no Ukrainian/Russian language skills?

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Oh boy. Some scammer found a sucker that won't give up!

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Actually know I had her phone number and I spoke to her by phone several times so I knew I was dealing with a woman and not a man :thumbs:

you'll be most disappointed as brazil requires usc's to have a visa....

:wow:

Nope. You are Wrong Friend-You Forget I don't live in the United States and it a well known fact that those from my "neck of the woods" do not need a visa to travel there. I have contacted the Brazilian embassy here friend and they have already told me this-What more can I say to that. My country and Brazil have that understanding already of a visa free regime because we are close to South America already and because of that we have close ties there. Who else would one expect to know about my own country than a citizen such as myself who belongs there! :thumbs:

For information purposes to prove this. Here is what the site riodejaneiro.com says. Read it well

Tourist Visa

Citizens of countries exempted from Brazilian Visa:

...Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia.....etc :thumbs:

Forget it and move on and use elenasmodels or something.

:lol::rofl:

You tell me to use What!!!! :blink: Now you have really made me laugh :lol::rofl: :rofl: :lol:with something to also think about of course.

Besides, I have used "elsewhere" already friend :whistle: but The best way that I can capture and explain this moment is with two quotes:

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." :dance:

Dr. Seuss

"Present mirth hath present laughter, what's to come is still unsure."

William Shakespeare

Anyway I want to know more about the Banking system of Ukraine in terms of how much one must deposit to open a bank account there. Certainly there must be a good bank in the Ukraine :yes: where one can start a bank account with a minimum but not an overbearing amount :yes:

Plus I already am communicating to another person already from the Ukraine as well-From Kyiv Actually. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.