30 posts in this topic

I just wanted to reach out to any members who had their interviews this month. Mines 03/15/2012 and I just wanted to know how everyone else was preparing for it. I know I am ready but my nerves still gets the best of me sometimes :yes: . But I am so ready to be approved and to get this over with. lol. Any one else?

AOS

03.28.12- Green Card Approved

NATURALIZATION

Sent-12.28.16

Cashed-01.10.17

NOA-01.11.17

Fingerprints-01.30.17

In Line-02.28.17

Interview Letter-06.24.17

Interview Date-07.26.17

Oath Date-08.03.17- U.S. CITIZEN

Passport Received-08.14.17

Naturalization Certificate Received Back (After Passport)-08.17.17

DONE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hehe, mines on tuesday :) As for preparing....I know what i need to take...so tomorrow i'm going to spend all day printing things off, lol. I just got so pre occuppied with work lately that i almost forgot about the interview. best of luck to you guys, not long for you either!

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

That's tomorrow! I wish you the best! and do please share how it goes.

AOS

NATURALIZATION

Sent-12.28.16

Cashed-01.10.17

NOA-01.11.17

Fingerprints-01.30.17

In Line-02.28.17

Interview Date-07.26.17

DONE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Our interview is March 7. As for preparation I did a joint filing of taxes today, so I guess that can be considered some kind of preparation. Other than that I've only made some copies of stuff I've already sent in, and grabbed the originals of those docs. I'm not sweating the interview questions because we're older than most people probably going through the process and our backstory is pretty believable. We've made it this far without any RFE problems, so my paperwork is probably good. If they bring up anything funky I'll inundate them with papers.

hehe, mines on tuesday :) As for preparing....I know what i need to take...so tomorrow i'm going to spend all day printing things off, lol. I just got so pre occuppied with work lately that i almost forgot about the interview. best of luck to you guys, not long for you either!

Goodluck Travis and Meghan!!!

sweet_cat_and_chicken.gif

Our interview is March 7. As for preparation I did a joint filing of taxes today, so I guess that can be considered some kind of preparation. Other than that I've only made some copies of stuff I've already sent in, and grabbed the originals of those docs. I'm not sweating the interview questions because we're older than most people probably going through the process and our backstory is pretty believable. We've made it this far without any RFE problems, so my paperwork is probably good. If they bring up anything funky I'll inundate them with papers.

:lol: I've gotten no RFE'S either so am guessing (HOPING) mines good as well :) Its pretty much what I have been doing: making copies, making sure I have all the originals and so on. Its next week! Seems like I just got the interview notice yesterday. How time flies.

AOS

NATURALIZATION

Sent-12.28.16

Cashed-01.10.17

NOA-01.11.17

Fingerprints-01.30.17

In Line-02.28.17

Interview Date-07.26.17

DONE!

Timeline

Goodluck Travis and Meghan!!!

Thanks! btw, I love the cat/duck picture you have there, makes me smile everytime, lol

That's tomorrow! I wish you the best! and do please share how it goes.

I will and thank you :) I'm getting everything organised today, not expecting any problems so hopefully goes smooth :)

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

event.png

Timeline

Ok, so we went to our interview and here's what happened.

1. Got called in and had to do an oath we were going to make true statements.

2. Asked to see IDs and had us sign a document about the I-751 making sure we'll submit paperwork to remove conditions off the greencard within 90 days of it's expiration. (I think that's a good sign).

3. The interviewer went through the I-485 forms information checking that my wife's info was accurate and she answered the statements about being involved with the communist party, being a terrorist, etc were correct.

4. Verified my name, where I work, and what my job was.

5. Asked if I had anything I wanted to submit. I gave them a copy of our rental agreement, joint bank statements, things showing my wife is on my medical plan as my spouse.

Interviewer said thanks, you'll get something in the mail about the decision.

Today I remembered something that I forgot to do while I was there was to give them the I-693 I had done by a civil surgeon two weeks ago. My wife got a TDAP shot when we had them transfer the information, so I'm not sure if I should go back and give them that tomorrow.

We nailed a Stokes interview on March 6, 2012 and we were approved right after it, please read it below so you might have some useful insights. Good luck to everyone and be blessed.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/356032-stokes-interview-approved-at-the-spot/

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

We got approved at our interview :D Had a few things i thought that they would ask about like my vaccination records but no, no problems and we're approved :D

Ok, so we went to our interview and here's what happened.

1. Got called in and had to do an oath we were going to make true statements.

2. Asked to see IDs and had us sign a document about the I-751 making sure we'll submit paperwork to remove conditions off the greencard within 90 days of it's expiration. (I think that's a good sign).

3. The interviewer went through the I-485 forms information checking that my wife's info was accurate and she answered the statements about being involved with the communist party, being a terrorist, etc were correct.

4. Verified my name, where I work, and what my job was.

5. Asked if I had anything I wanted to submit. I gave them a copy of our rental agreement, joint bank statements, things showing my wife is on my medical plan as my spouse.

Interviewer said thanks, you'll get something in the mail about the decision.

Today I remembered something that I forgot to do while I was there was to give them the I-693 I had done by a civil surgeon two weeks ago. My wife got a TDAP shot when we had them transfer the information, so I'm not sure if I should go back and give them that tomorrow.

You would think that if they needed it they would of specifically asked for it while you were there. Did he give you a piece of paper when you left? which boxes were checked on it? HAve you checked your case status on USCIS? has it been updated at all?

event.png

Timeline

Yeah I went online yesterday after I found our reference number and it says a decision was made yesterday. I'm just going to wait for that notice to see if we're approved. I didn't get anything with a checked box when we left, but we had such an easy interview with little scrutiny I'm guessing we we approved as long as we showed up. My paperwork was pretty good thru this whole thing and I sent them certified copies of most everything with the AOS packet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi Travis and Meghan, congratulations!

Our interview is next week in Phoenix!

Any advice? What did they ask you and what documents did they want to see?

Did they tell you on the spot that you were approved?

Thanks!

Timeline

Here's our review, http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=102554

It was all pretty straight forward, we had no hassles at all. And yes, he told us while we were there that he had approved us and then gave us a piece of paper with the recommended for approval section ticked (can't remember exactly what it said, was a massive paragraph of info, lol). He also went through the ROC process with us and told us to mark it on our calendar so that we don't forget, lol.

Good luck with your interview, the only thing i didn't like was that our interview was scheduled for 11:35 so, of course, by that time of day they were a fair way behind, we didn't get seem until about 12:30.

event.png

Here's our review, http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=102554

It was all pretty straight forward, we had no hassles at all. And yes, he told us while we were there that he had approved us and then gave us a piece of paper with the recommended for approval section ticked (can't remember exactly what it said, was a massive paragraph of info, lol). He also went through the ROC process with us and told us to mark it on our calendar so that we don't forget, lol.

Good luck with your interview, the only thing i didn't like was that our interview was scheduled for 11:35 so, of course, by that time of day they were a fair way behind, we didn't get seem until about 12:30.

I just read your review concerning your interview and it seemed pleasant. Hope ours is as smooth...maybe even smoother than yours. Our Interview is at 08:30am, so am hoping we would be in and out or perhaps even seen early :) However, I have to ask; what did you show for evidence of sharing address? I was thinking bank letters & statement, utility bills, life insurance etc.

AOS

NATURALIZATION

Sent-12.28.16

Cashed-01.10.17

NOA-01.11.17

Fingerprints-01.30.17

In Line-02.28.17

Interview Date-07.26.17

DONE!

Timeline

OH, for evidence I gave them a couple of our bank statements, also, earlier that week i got a new bank card so i took the letter that came with that as it had our address on it. Also gave him a couple of invoices from some online purchases that I made because they were also addressed to me here. We're living with his parents while we save money so i'm not on any utility bills or anything. So that's what we gave and he seemed happy with it, kept all of what we gave him and put it in our file. He asked for some wedding photos also, we showed him 15, he kept about half of them and put in our file.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.