lethimrace

Conditional GC will expire in May2012

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi this is for my friend. Can she apply for a Removal of Condition while overseas? But her conditional greencard is expiring soon and her husband has told her to go back to the Philippines within this month for an interview at the US Embassy (kind of confusing). I told her they could have applied while they were still in the states to expidite the process, but she does not know about it.

Appreciate any input. Thank you.

~*God Speed*~

Hi this is for my friend. Can she apply for a Removal of Condition while overseas? But her conditional greencard is expiring soon and her husband has told her to go back to the Philippines within this month for an interview at the US Embassy (kind of confusing). I told her they could have applied while they were still in the states to expidite the process, but she does not know about it.

Are they stationed overseas? If so they might just be best going straight for Citizenship?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are they stationed overseas? If so they might just be best going straight for Citizenship?

Only if they meet the requirements otherwise its a waste of their money/time to try.

We need more information are they military or US government worker.

Why is she going to an interview at the US embassy in the Phils??

Your friend should come on here and ask in detail and explain in detail what they are doing if you can't other wise they may not get help they need.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

If they are stationed overseas on military orders and if her name is on those orders, she can file ROC from overseas, yes.

05/2007 - got married in Germany

05/2007 - filed I-130 via DCF in Frankfurt

08/2007 - interview to prove bona fide marriage

09/2007 - hubby PCSed to GA

10/2007 - hubby deployed to Iraq

04/2008 - hubby on RnR in Germany

08/2008 - received CR-1 visa

12/2008 - flew to GA alone to welcome home the hubs

09/2009 - PCSed to CA

03/2010 - we're pregnant!

06/2010 - applied for German "BBG" to retain German citizenship during naturalization

08/2010 - BBG granted

09/2010 - filed ROC

12/2010 - received 10 year GC

12/2010 - our little miracle is born!!!

01/2011 - PCSed to Germany

01/2012 - filed N-400 for overseas naturalization

03-15-2012 - Best of Both Worlds, I'm a dual citizen :-)

I filed for ROC while stationed here in Japan with my husband. Just follow the instructions on the I751. We needed to submit additional requirements such as my hubby's orders and wrote on top of all the documents "On government/military orders". Biometrics will be waived as long as you have enough evidence. USCIS will also send a document, valid for one year, that you can hold on to in place of your expired gc while you wait for the 10-year one.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I removed conditions while we were in Germany. It's basically the same process than filing from the US, you just add the orders, write "active duty" on the application form and instead of a biometrics appointment, I had my fingerprints taken on base and added those and passport pictures to my application. Very easy process.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Exactly as Nane stated. I filed here in the UK. Your NOA-1 is your temporary green card if the other one expires. You file to your designated filing center just as you would normally except minus the biometrics fee. Just include copies of your fingerprints and passport photos in your application. You are not usually required to have an interview.

Feb 25, 2006... Submitted I-129F

Jan 4, 2007... Interview date Visa in Passport

Jan 30,2007... POE Blaine Washington, Pacific Truck Crossing

March 8, 2007... Mailed AOS and EAD

May 21, 2007... AOS application APPROVED with interview (Day 67)WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

May 29, 2007... GREEN CARD ARRIVES.. and email from CRIS approval notice sent (Day 75)

Sept 25, 2008... Moved to the UK

Feb 24, 2009... Mailed I-751 to CSC from UK

December 30, 2009... Approval notice!!

Jan 9, 2010... 10 year GREEN CARD arrives.

May 31, 2012... Express Mailed N-400 application to the Nebraska Service Center for military spouses filing overseas

Jun 11, 2012... NOA date and Cheque cashed Day 11

Jun 28, 2012... Placed in line for interview scheduling Day 28

Jul 20, 2012... Email from USCIS London for info to schedule interview Day 50

Sep 1, 2012... Moved back to the USA

Sep 12, 2012... Email from USCIS London scheduled for interview/oath Sept 28th in the UK(will be day 120)

Nov 26, 2012... Had submitted change of addresses. Notification that I have again been scheduled for interview Day 179

Dec 1, 2012... Letter arrived Day 184 with new interview date Jan 4, 2013 (Will be day 218)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.